Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Considering the unintentional UAW leak happened about 2 or 3 years before Ford was ready to announce the Bronco's return, it feels like it has been an eternity, when in reality, this is all par for the course..... and then there was the damn Covid.
I remember when the "leak" first happened I was hoping that they were bluffing about 2020 and it would really be here for 2018-19. yeah, LOL

Yet your solution for your impatience is the exact recipe to "fuck it up".
So, by your own logic, pick A or B ...... fast and fucked...... or it gets here when it's ready and stands the best chance to be as great as it will be.
What logic says the best move is to push out a crap product for what "may be the biggest vehicle release in the last 30 years"?
Why are you hanging on the "a crap product" thing? Ford has been mass producing cars since... well.... first! They are logistical experts and have a corporate culture of home grown stubborn old men who are literally the worlds best, or maybe second to VW on the global stage.

This may have exceeded their wildest expectations, but it is their slowness to turning that titanic of a company that may ultimately lead to them screwing themselves out of what would have been a pot of gold. Don't get me wrong, whenever this thing drops it'll sell, but even if they wait another 2 years it won't be perfect because, well... Ford!

They have analysts who should have seen this coming and I'm sure they did. Some young guy, likely within first 4 years of his or (likely her) career, sounded the alarm bells and tried to get info up the chain to handle this launch better, but they didn't listen because it was a kid.

Now, the old men on the top floors are shaking, drinking, smoking, and snorting out of fear because they're out of time and out of excuses that'll fly.

For the record, I've stated several times that I personally can wait several months to take delivery. This isn't about me. This is about the guys on here who I've enjoyed getting to know virtually who are enthusiasts and have waited for the day of the release of the new Bronco for years and many are literally hurt as well as angry and they deserve to be.

When you have a customer base, which is more akin to a fan base with this much passion, the stupid thing to do is take them for granted and screw them. When they decide to bail, the folks you're left with won't be worth their weight in feathers. Want an example, just ask BMW how it feels to screw over and loose your most rabid customers. Take me for example and my last 8 cars and countless influencing of other buyers and I am now gone and getting a Ford....
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I met my wife in May, got engaged in September and was Married by January. We have been together 16 years.

So far. :sneaky:

We've been married 21

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's not forget what the Pandemic has done to our world. Everyone is out of stock on just about any item you look at these days (at least toilet paper has gotten better). Just like any other automaker Ford is dependent on their suppliers to produce vehicles, everyone is set back at least a quarter on their production plans for this reason. Our company deals with major automakers and the availability of parts on a large scale just isn't where it needs to be yet. Disappointing but it is what it is, you either want one and you'll wait or you'll do something different!
Sad but true toolman1960...As for me, I'll wait.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has been mass producing cars since... well.... first! They are logistical experts and have a corporate culture of home grown stubborn old men who are literally the worlds best, or maybe second to VW on the global stage.
Exactly, let them do their thing.
I have not seen anything that surprised me yet with this (except no creepy crawler gear in the Samsquanch...seriously, wtf?)

Regarding the part about a 4 year veteran ringing the alarm bell.

Reminds me of a movie about the Apple/Microsoft battle when they were both nobodies.
One of them got the mouse and windows system from IBM at fire sale pricing. The scene showed the young IBM R&D team excitedly showing the old gray stuffed suits their new developments and the lead old fart says something to the effect of....
This is IBM, Worlds biggest, (blah blah blah) multibillion(blah blah blah) and the best you come to us with is a tiny mouse and windows on a screen (cue laughter from all the grey hairs)..... and then they scrap the program and sell it as a snub to the R&D team.

I'm not sure if anything ever happened with that windows and mouse idea.... :rolleyes:

Sponsored

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Damn. Is it worth it to reserve at this point, or just wait it out?
I'd just wait. You'll have folks cancel because they don't want to wait and you'll also have dealers that want to make sales at the end of the month and will get you in their top order queue if they can make a sale vs just a dealer build for the lot.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have not seen anything that surprised me yet with this (except no creepy crawler gear in the Samsquanch...seriously, wtf?)

Reminds me of a movie about the Apple/Microsoft battle when they were both nobodies.
One of them got the mouse and windows system from IBM at fire sale pricing. The scene showed the young IBM R&D team excitedly showing the old gray stuffed suits their new developments and the lead old fart says something to the effect of....
This is IBM, Worlds biggest, (blah blah blah) multibillion(blah blah blah) and the best you come to us with is a tiny mouse and windows on a screen (cue laughter from all the grey hairs)..... and then they scrap the program and sell it as a snub to the R&D team.

I'm not sure if anything ever happened with that windows and mouse idea.... :rolleyes:
Xerox, not IBM ;)

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're right. Ohh, the billionaires that mistake created. Don't be IBM Ford; IBM sucks.

I do trust Ford to an extent. But just like in Ford vs Farrari, you see there is a culture of stubborn and arrogant men who don't really listen, but get lucky every now and again with the talent they can hire to work for them for a while. Well, IBM had Bill Gates and shit the bet with that.

Ford isn't as strong as IBM was back then, so the margin for error is very narrow.

Ford and the Bronco's customers, It's like a marriage that at first had great potential, but once the passion dies, well, what you've got is a hollowed out shell. If Ford and the good folks at the factory don't get the lead out, they may all be done.

Ask GM how it feels to blow a future. Ha! :)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why would it be then instead of when you finalize and order?
A lot can change between placing the order and delivery Especially since the time frame may be a lot longer than usual for it to arrive. Interest rates could go up or down. You may have something happens that puts a ding in your credit and the same deal might no longer apply. You may have enough additional miles on the trade or damage to affect it's value.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn. Is it worth it to reserve at this point, or just wait it out?
I'd just wait. You'll have folks cancel because they don't want to wait and you'll also have dealers that want to make sales at the end of the month and will get you in their top order queue if they can make a sale vs just a dealer build for the lot.
That way everybody that reserves between now and December (when reservations close) will be ahead of you.
:rolleyes:

It's a hundred bucks...reserve now and if one becomes available off the lot beforehand, get the Bronco AND your $100 refund.
Pretty simple.
If the hundred bucks for a year wait is too rich for your blood, buying any new vehicle is not a smart move for you. You've got other things you need to be paying attention to.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Xerox, not IBM ;)
Well yeah, Xerox built the interface or at least their engineer designed it. However, once it was sold to IBM, that's when Gates supposedly talked them into allowing him licensing or something like that that led to Microsoft and Windows, which was a rip from the Macintosh that had Jobs so worked up.

Something like that, but we knew what he meant to say. Anyway, back to being pissed about a late Bronco!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Xerox, not IBM ;)

Well, it was some made for TV movie that was probably about as factually correct as the options lists and marketing fluff we have seen thus far....LOL!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ask GM how it feels to blow a future. Ha! :)

On that note, be glad Ford didn't follow the Blazer design teams lead!!! Jeezus.
I'm not a diehard brand guy at all, but damn, they gutted the spirit of the Blazer.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs