Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That way everybody that reserves between now and December (when reservations close) will be ahead of you.
:rolleyes:

It's a hundred bucks...reserve now and if one becomes available off the lot beforehand, get the Bronco AND your $100 refund.
Pretty simple.
If the hundred bucks for a year wait is too rich for your blood, buying any new vehicle is not a smart move for you. You've got other things you need to be paying attention to.
I'm mad at myself for not reserving the first day or two. :cautious:
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
To each there own, enjoy the Jeep they're not bad at all.
I love my Jeep. It’s a great vehicle.

And I can’t wait to see how much better Bronco is to own.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm planning on living forever. So no matter how long Ford takes delivering the Bronco, it's all good because I'm living forever. ;)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't have a clue really, but I believe this may be the case. I made my reservation late in night on 7/20, well after most people on this forum I suspect. And at that time it still said Spring 2021. So that is what Ford set the expectation at, for me and for those who reserved before me. If I were to go in now and make another reservation, my expectation would be that I have to wait until the 2022 calendar year.

Having said that, if it turns out that even the very first reservation may extend into 2022, I hope that doesn't delay the pricing part which is supposed to be in August sometime.

Or, it could all be a marketing ploy to get people who need something now to go reserve the Bronco Sport rather than waiting so long. ?‍♂
You have to wonder if anybody has a clue at this point. There's no way to be sure how many reservations will actually convert to an order. Even when they become orders, there will be some cancellations for any number of reasons. Right now, we may be hearing a worst case scenario and most deliveries happen sooner. One topic I haven't seen yet is when will Ford stop taking reservations? They say they will build all of them before dealer stock, so not likely to see very many on dealer lots.

Sponsored

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One topic I haven't seen yet is when will Ford stop taking reservations? They say they will build all of them before dealer stock, so not likely to see very many on dealer lots.
Seems to me that before a decision was made to push back delivery timeline for some (maybe a whole bunch) reservation holders, they would have made the decision to cut off reservations for a 2021 model so that they could deliver on what they initially said.

Heck, seems to me they would have decided that before they even put it in writing on the website.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
People need to realize, no matter if Ford introduced the concept Bronco 15 years ago, and no matter how long Ford takes to actually deliver a real live Bronco, time has no value. Because we are all immortal. I'm happy if Ford takes until 2022 to deliver, even better if 2023. Actually, I'm hoping Ford delivers the Bronco in 2030, that way it will for sure have all the kinks worked out, and I will not have aged, since I'm living forever anyway. Did I mention, I'm planning to live forever, so it's all good. Take your time Ford, I really don't care how long before a Bronco is actually available. ;)

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want to drive over rocks the size of your rig buy a jeep. You want to have fun on some hard trails but not get bounced of the wash board road get a 4 runner. You want to go on 94% of the trails, not get bounced of the wash board roads, and take the top off? Then you should wait for the bronco. It will be worth the wait!!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm starting a petition. Asking Ford to wait until 2040. That way, Ford can add rear seat air conditioning vents, and other "must have" items. It will be one hell of a vehicle to drive when I'm 75 years old.

Actually, if Ford keeps pushing back the Bronco release date, I will have the pleasure of perpetually looking forward to the release. How cool would that be.?!

Just like the past 15 years, I could spend the next 15 years looking forward to the new Bronco. Awesome. ;)

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm mad at myself for not reserving the first day or two. :cautious:
I had planned on waiting, but for $100 I figured I might as well and placed the reservation on the 15th. I'm in no huge rush, but May-June would be nice.

Ben@WAOR

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Toyota 4Runner, F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So a month or two push on the timeline isn't a huge deal I'm the grand scheme of things; however, it's another issue that is plaguing a huge reveal (arguably one of the best vehicle reveals ever).

The Ford team absolutely nailed the Bronco design, features, and capability. But this pushback, along with ADM uncertainties, is a huge thorn stuck in the side of a vehicle that lots of loyal customers are waiting on.

I understand the independent dealership model, and the need to sometimes push back production/shipping dates. I just hope that Ford ultimately steps up and takes care of their customers - especially ones that have reserved models

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That could possibly put me in a bad spot...I was planning on the Bronco replacing my Mazda when the lease ends in November of 2021
extend it. My Subaru is up in March. I could do a 6 mos extension MTM through end of August. But end of August sounds super tight given Bronco timeline. You’re in bettershape than I am assuming you could extend.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Considering the unintentional UAW leak happened about 2 or 3 years before Ford was ready to announce the Bronco's return, it feels like it has been an eternity, when in reality, this is all par for the course..... and then there was the damn Covid.
I remember when the "leak" first happened I was hoping that they were bluffing about 2020 and it would really be here for 2018-19. yeah, LOL

Yet your solution for your impatience is the exact recipe to "fuck it up".
So, by your own logic, pick A or B ...... fast and fucked...... or it gets here when it's ready and stands the best chance to be as great as it will be.
What logic says the best move is to push out a crap product for what "may be the biggest vehicle release in the last 30 years"?
Using that same logic Ford has had the time to prepare for this launch, remember this is their launch- no one was forcing them to launch their new exciting Bronco during the pandemic, they could’ve waited and we would be none the wiser but nope they released it and then they started releasing bogus vague info ever since!

I just think it’s a horrible business plan to ask your”loyal” fan base potentially wait 18 months for a vehicle that themselves have been leaking for the past what 4 years
Sponsored