First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
In their launch videos, they said that these Broncos were already extensively tested and abused in the harshest of environments. If that is the case, they should be good to go. As far as longevity and reliability testing, that's something that can be done on a dyno over a couple of days span. I'm just getting impatient now lol. I have and I'm sure the rest of you have waited such a long time for this moment. Buying and driving this Bronco will be my way of giving an expletive-laden hand gesture to the year 2020, because this has literally been the only good thing to come out of this year.
Durability testing is only part of it. They durability tested the explorer too. When you’re assembling 1000’s of individual parts together that all rely on one another, and your expected failure rate needs to be basically zero, it’s gonna take some time. Especially with such a different product vs anything else they sell or have sold in decades.

See: Tesla. They build a car within two years of starting to design it and they come out with all sorts of problems that the 1st owners just beta test. Ford doesn’t have the luxury of using us as beta testers, and they want us to be confident in their product.

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Focus Titanium Sedan will be paid off in April ‘21. This Bronco will be the last new vehicle I plan on buying. No problem waiting. No choice! More time to save for the down payment. And get my credit score well above 800 so I can get the best rate.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed on reveal day all the language at ford.Com hinted at "mid-2021".
Not surprised.
Wondering if it just means it will take that long for people without reservations?

kairo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. If the 6th gen 4runner can have identical turbo powertrains as the Bronco, I'll go for that instead.

I have a 2005 with almost 200,000 miles and it's still going strong
It's very hard to beat Toyota's reputation on reliability (I drive a Tacoma right now)

If they brought the Taco or the new 4Runner out with front and rear lockers and a swaybar disconnect and set the whole thing on 33" tires, it'd be a no brainer.

As much as I loved taking the doors and roof off of my jeeps in the past, doing it in the Bronco is not something I'd likely do more than a few times a year realistically. Having removable components is not a deal-breaker for me.

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pull a mustang and call it a 2021.5 model. :LOL:
I would never buy a .5 model anything just because. I refused to by a 2018 Jeep Wrangler because they produced both the JK and LJ in the same year. By the time 2019 rolled around they lost me.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no problems with a wait into 2022, gives them time to work through any production problems that will arise as production begins.
Yep, I'll wait hoping they get it right instead of rushing it & sorting it out later.

Mchong75

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's very hard to beat Toyota's reputation on reliability (I drive a Tacoma right now)

If they brought the Taco or the new 4Runner out with front and rear lockers and a swaybar disconnect and set the whole thing on 33" tires, it'd be a no brainer.

As much as I loved taking the doors and roof off of my jeeps in the past, doing it in the Bronco is not something I'd likely do more than a few times a year realistically. Having removable components is not a deal-breaker for me.
same here. If a new 4Runner is announced, I’d buy that over the Bronco.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If its a first come first serve, I'm banking on still getting the truck April/May of 2021 if we reserved within the first couple of days.

would be good to get official confirmation of that - and or at least what number we are in line and how many they can make per month

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

F150 is made in 2 Factories
Dearborn with 10m ft2 and 4500 employees
Kansas City with 4.7m ft2 and 7000 employee (kc almost makes the Transit so half that then)

so a total of roughly 13 million ft2 and 7000 employees for JUST the f150 vs

5 million ft2 And 3200 employees to build the ranger AND bronco.
So assume even one tenth the production, still 100k capability, which is probably underestimating. Could be strategic marketing, make more people want to rush out and put a deposit down. The more they get the more they’ll convert to orders. I still think Ford is assuming there will be closures / slow down from COVID and is trying to put the worst case scenario out there to be ahead of the game. Guess we’ll see.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

same here. If a new 4Runner is announced, I’d buy that over the Bronco.
By all means, please do. More inventory for real enthusiasts. You fair weather band wagon fear of missing out folks sure are a riot.

BBB

First Name
Tont
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would this be for reservations put today onwards, or for everyone?

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

would be good to get official confirmation of that - and or at least what number we are in line and how many they can make per month
It won’t be first come first serve, trust me. It’s going to be whoever gets their actual order in first. Reservations do absolutely nothing except show Ford the desire for the product and give dealers a list of people to coax into the dealership to try and place an order. Those placed orders will determine what place in line you are, nothing else.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model