North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just noticed: 8mm of lean. This drove me nuts on the JKUR - the OEM Rubicon springs up front were different part numbers to level for the gas tank and swaybar disconnect weight on the passenger side. The ARB OME springs were the same. After a few years of trial and error, I settled on 10mm spacers front and rear on the passenger side to take most of the Jeep lean out.

Something to note if you plan on swapping for Squatch take-offs - the spring set up for you Bronco maybe different for the one the take-offs came from and you may need to work on leveling it side to side.
So how do you read the lean?

The driver's side is 8mm higher than the passenger side, since that is the side the fuel tank is located on?

How is the lean achieved, are the brackets welded differently?

Or is the lean simply a side to side tolerance?

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Detailed Specs Document — Ride Height, Transmission Code, Spring Part Numbers, Calibration Codes, Axle Codes, Paint Codes, VIN Codes, Etc. 1623446096712
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The driver's side is 8mm higher than the passenger side, since that is the side the fuel tank is located on?

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Detailed Specs Document — Ride Height, Transmission Code, Spring Part Numbers, Calibration Codes, Axle Codes, Paint Codes, VIN Codes, Etc. 1623446096712
I'm reading it as allowable tolerance.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Side to side. On the Jeep I measured the outer bumper height on both sides and compared.

Sponsored

kencantrell

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry SE V6; Ford F250 crew cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hitachi shocks are the non-Bilstiens, on page 19 of the PDF. Anyone have insight into anything about the Hitachis? Great info, btw. Dad was a frame and suspension career man/genius, but just enough rubbed off on me.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All this talk about having to further fine-tune things if you use Sasquatch take-offs makes me real happy I went with Squatch out of the gate.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here are some of the Bronco General Specifications, thank you to our friends of the forum.

The attached PDF document contains items such as Ride Height, Transmission Code, Spring Part Numbers, Calibration Codes, Axle codes, paint codes, etc.

It is more and more making sense why for 2021 the painted tops whether black or white are not availble because of the inroduction of the Heratage badging and other possible names will have white features all over. My opinion is they have those white tops and are hoarding them for 2022 marketing introductions.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is more and more making sense why for 2021 the painted tops whether black or white are not availble because of the inroduction of the Heratage badging and other possible names will have white features all over. My opinion is they have those white tops and are hoarding them for 2022 marketing introductions.
It would be interesting to have 'insiders' chime in on the MOD tops. Here's what I 'think' I know, but much may have changed:

1. Originally, Ford indicated (via the colorizer) they'd be available in ANY body color.
  2. The long-vanished Webasto guy said his company would be producing them. I believe components were to be produced in Plymouth....shipped off for painting....painted components shipped back to Plymouth for assembly....with final product delivered to Ford.
  3. Forum posts commenting on the MIC fiasco have implied an alternate, or possibly additional, supplied may have been tapped.
  4. All the paint color limitations we've heard about seem to tie back to the tube limitations in the robot arms that paint the Bronco body. I guess its conceivable MOD tops could be produced in any color under the rainbow.

I'm assuming whatever the expected price was intended to be, that might now be doubled. Does anyone know? ...process? ...availability timing?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It would be interesting to have 'insiders' chime in on the MOD tops. Here's what I 'think' I know, but much may have changed:

1. Originally, Ford indicated (via the colorizer) they'd be available in ANY body color.
  2. The long-vanished Webasto guy said his company would be producing them. I believe components were to be produced in Plymouth....shipped off for painting....painted components shipped back to Plymouth for assembly....with final product delivered to Ford.
  3. Forum posts commenting on the MIC fiasco have implied an alternate, or possibly additional, supplied may have been tapped.
  4. All the paint color limitations we've heard about seem to tie back to the tube limitations in the robot arms that paint the Bronco body. I guess its conceivable MOD tops could be produced in any color under the rainbow.

I'm assuming whatever the expected price was intended to be, that might now be doubled. Does anyone know? ...process? ...availability timing?
No, no one does. And even if Ford told us, it cannot be depended on based on all the problems they have had with the simple MIC ones.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just noticed: 8mm of lean. This drove me nuts on the JKUR - the OEM Rubicon springs up front were different part numbers to level for the gas tank and swaybar disconnect weight on the passenger side. The ARB OME springs were the same. After a few years of trial and error, I settled on 10mm spacers front and rear on the passenger side to take most of the Jeep lean out.
Same thing I encountered with my WK2. Totally level side to side stock, but right side sits higher after installing aftermarket springs.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just noticed: 8mm of lean. This drove me nuts on the JKUR
I'm trying to understand what this is all about. When they say 8mm of 'lean', is that with Bronco totally empty? Is it possible the driver's side purposely sits higher empty so it will level out with a driver sitting in it?

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great info! Thanks.
I’m disappointed with all of the delays and Ford still has documents that have typos, incorrectly spelled model names, and in house names that don’t match the actual package names…ROCKSTARS!? The lack of attention to detail in documentation would result in “a new line of work” in my industry.
Sponsored