2021 Bronco engines - I need at least a V6

1. chris_rosen

chris_rosen New Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    I realize it’s more speculation than anything else, but it seems more and more “sources” are stating the new Bronco will be paired with a turbo 4 banger. I’ve already put $500 down for pre-order, but if I can’t at least have a 6 cylinder then Ford can keep their Bronco. I know...most of you will beat this to death with better technology, semi impressive hp and torque figures but I don’t care....I want nothing to do with an off road vehicle with a 4 cylinder. I realize an 8 cylinder is a pipe dream, but how about the twin turbo 6 in the current Raptor?

Ole Skool Bronc likes this.
  2. Nickp

Nickp Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle(s):
    2010 JK UNLIMITED
    Good lord almighty

3. ChrispyKC

ChrispyKC Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Expedition Platinum, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
    You put a deposit down on a vehicle that hasn't even been announced in production form, no timeline has been revealed, you have no idea what it looks like, there isn't even a spec sheet for a dealer to quote you literally ANYTHING.

Second, as an existing user, please don't create new accounts on a forum and post things like this to see if someone out there is going to spill the imaginary beans. There isn't anyone at Ford that is going to read this crap and go "holy shit boys, sound the alarm, a random guy put a deposit down on a vehicle that no one can order yet" and then some siren goes off and magically specs and photos flood social media.

I think I can speak for every person that's going to read your post when I say,

GO AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

Carmaker1 and whomst like this.
  4. ChrispyKC

Vehicle(s):
    I'm not as friendly with stupid things like this.

Carmaker1 likes this.
  5. Carolina Jim

Carolina Jim Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    Renegade
    Welcome to the forum Chris...I'm hoping the 2.7-liter V6 twin-turbo will also be an option. Though...no one knows squat at the moment.

Ole Skool Bronc, loubif and TeocaliMG like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    chris_rosen

chris_rosen New Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    Wow...what a bunch of dicks. I didn’t post this as a fishing expedition trying to get a scoop. Second, the deposit puts me on a VIP list (albeit just with a dealership) and is fully refundable so piss off. And third, my post wasn’t nearly as ridiculous as some of the bullshit I’ve seen on here.

7. Nickp

Nickp Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle(s):
    2010 JK UNLIMITED
    No it is ridiculous because it’s obvious you haven’t read anything on this forum AT ALL. Claiming you’ve seen stupider stuff is impossible because if you’d read anything at all you’d be aware the Bronco has been basically confirmed to have a V6 option.

Carmaker1 and TeocaliMG like this.
  8. ChrispyKC

Vehicle(s):
    Your post just wreaked of "meet my demands Ford or else"

Sorry to be a jerk, but holy crap dude this takes the cake today.

VIP list for what? Seriously, where do dealers come up with this crap? The vehicle doesn't even exist yet. Let me guess they promised you that you could buy it for MSRP? Come on man, don't fall for that crap. Hopefully you're smarter than that, literally putting down cash for a vehicle to be on a VIP list, a vehicle that will be available to anyone and everyone, just like anything else sold at any Ford dealer.

Trust me, you're not going to need to be on a VIP list to get a Bronco when it's announced. VIP list or not, a dealer can't get a car they don't have allocation for, and if they haven't earned allocation, it doesn't matter how many sold orders they have. I'm sure there will be an earn based on sales volume and sales mix, but Ford isn't going to allocate units until Job 1 is announced.

Welcome to the forums... ;)

Carmaker1, Wanted33, whomst and 3 others like this.
  9. Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    junk
    While I would prefer the balance and rhythm of a V8, if Ford made a well tuned 3.6L I4 I would consider it. I'm more concerned with capability and precisely how it performs off road with some load on it than with cylinder count.

Ole Skool Bronc likes this.
  10. Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    junk
    And yes, a lot of people around here are acting like complete douche-nozzles to new people coming in asking questions etc. :asshat: I guarantee you very little of what you say most of the time is original either.

I get it that you're frustrated that there is nothing new from Ford to talk about, but come on people. Find some enemy you can collectively pretend to hate instead of cannibalizing the community.

11. Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brad
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Ford Explorer
    #11 Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    What I would love to see is a "Welcome Page/Thread" for new members to read. Something along the lines of "Read this before posting" just to prevent new members from regurgitating the same posts previous members have made. Chris, I've been on this forum long enough to know that Nick and Chrispy don't mean any ill will towards you. You just are the most recent of an ever expanding list of new members that joined from excitement but didn't do any searching via the forums for your answer before posting. Even though we are still a ways out, the closer we get to the actual announcement/release the more members are going to join this forum. We haven't seen the last of these posts but I think we could help ourselves by creating a "Welcome New Members/Read this Before Posting Thread" It could contain the rumored features from the dealership meetings and patents. I am willing to start such a page but I know for a fact I do not have as good of knowledge as some of the other members do here (I'm looking at you Nick, Stampede and Chrispy)

12. Carolina Jim

Carolina Jim Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    Renegade
    "What we know" & What we think" are excellent starting points. Especially since BOTH categories will expand quite a bit in the hopefully near future.

All of us relive "Groundhog Day" every time we sign on - hopeful of learning some new reliable information...frustrated when we don't.

13. Nickp

Nickp Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle(s):
    2010 JK UNLIMITED
    I totally agree... not meant to be rude just annoyed lol. I also feel some of it may be coming from a bit of a trolling place. Especially that “ol Skool Bronc” guy I have a hard time believing he’s genuine at this point.

Carmaker1, Jake_zx2 and bbostic5 like this.
  14. BroncoMike

BroncoMike Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
    We could also be more courteous by referencing the thread that has previously beaten their "new" topic to death, they could read that and understand our pain.

Stampede.Offroad likes this.
  15. HTX1811

HTX1811 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat
    I was completely anti 4 banger until I test drove a brand new Ranger last weekend. I was very surprised at how well the 330 hp turbo 4 moved the truck.

Nickp, TeocaliMG and BroncoMike like this.