DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.3 + mods = +100 hp and torque at the wheels . I totally understand not wanting the 4 cylinder if you’re not modding it though.
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.3 + mods = +100 hp and torque at the wheels . I totally understand not wanting the 4 cylinder if you’re not modding it though.
I mean if I can get a manual with both, I'll get the bigger engine, otherwise I'm happy with a turbo 4

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I emailed COBB tuning and they replied that they don’t have any plans for the Bronco at this point but I have to think it’s going to be on their radar if it’s getting an Ecoboost and it’s going to be a specialty vehicle that will appeal to the “modding” crowd just like the Wrangler. Be sure that Hennessey will have big power Ecoboost Broncos.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I emailed COBB tuning and they replied that they don’t have any plans for the Bronco at this point but I have to think it’s going to be on their radar if it’s getting an Ecoboost and it’s going to be a specialty vehicle that will appeal to the “modding” crowd just like the Wrangler. Be sure that Hennessey will have big power Ecoboost Broncos.
im Sure Cobb will whip up something. if not them, some one else will. People tune the shit out of the 2.7 in the f150

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hear the new corvette is coming with encrypted canbus communications and codes that change with each cycle of the ignition. Someone said something about tuning the cars costing five figures due to the security for OTA (over the air) canbus hacking. When all the cars go over the air updates like a Win10 computer, I'll probably be driving a tube chassis homebuilt car to work. You all have heard of the guy who bought a Tesla from a dealer who bought it from Tesla. Tesla decided a month later he didn't pay for autodrive and a few other features and OTA removed them from the car. What a great time to be alive!

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hear the new corvette is coming with encrypted canbus communications and codes that change with each cycle of the ignition. Someone said something about tuning the cars costing five figures due to the security for OTA (over the air) canbus hacking. When all the cars go over the air updates like a Win10 computer, I'll probably be driving a tube chassis homebuilt car to work. You all have heard of the guy who bought a Tesla from a dealer who bought it from Tesla. Tesla decided a month later he didn't pay for autodrive and a few other features and OTA removed them from the car. What a great time to be alive!
it’s not tune proof just hack proof.
With cars having WiFi and LTE connection and air wave updates and Car play. That all makes Cars more hackable.

so sounds like if your doing the right thing and just tuning the car not trying to hack into a persons phone through the car your fine

Amos Moses

Base
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was thinking of buying my lady a model 3 until I looked into the software and build quality issues that those money traps have.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bigger than the 2.7TT apparently. One of the slightly leaky insiders at BOF ...

No 2.7 EB in Bronco, doesn’t make sense to have that and 2.3 EB.....
You need to think bigger......
No more clues, just know that whatever it is, Jeep has nothing coming to match it. B R is a different skill set to Wrangler.

I guess it’s down to what Bronco buyers expect in an iconic vehicle and what Ford can deliver.
As frontline sales person, which has the better perception, a V8 Bronco or a TTV6 Bronco, is one above the other or both equally desirable?
im wondering if that HP powertrain finds its way ( amortised) in other product (s) maybe in the US and other places....
If it's a choice between a big torque engine like the 3.5 and the manual that tops out at 405lbft, which would you rather the raptor have?
Man, this has me nervous now... With the more recent rumblings of the 3.0 Hybrid, this tells me that our only options are going to be a 2.3 base car and a high performance hybrid trim that costs over $50k and comes in auto-only. That would be such a massive disappointment. I'd probably still just get the 2.3 with a manual, but I absolutely will not compromise myself into a miserable slushbox

Oh my. The plot thickens. 3.0TT, 3.5TT? Something new altogether? Is it the Barra? IS IT THE BARRA!?!?
Oh man, I would LOVE a Barra in the Bronco!

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man, this has me nervous now... With the more recent rumblings of the 3.0 Hybrid, this tells me that our only options are going to be a 2.3 base car and a high performance hybrid trim that costs over $50k and comes in auto-only. That would be such a massive disappointment. I'd probably still just get the 2.3 with a manual, but I absolutely will not compromise myself into a miserable slushbox

Oh man, I would LOVE a Barra in the Bronco!
Barra has been dead for 5 years.
no rumor of 3.0 hybrid just. hybrid in general. meaning 3.3 hybrid not turbo.
2.3 Base and 2.7 high end trim.

and slush box? The 10 speed will be faster more efficient and smoother than any manual.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, no shit
Mmmm, wrong. There's definitely been rumblings both on this forum and BOF about the hybrid TT3.0 from the Aviator being offered

Let's hope so, but Stampede's quoted post is saying otherwise

and slush box? The 10 speed will be faster more efficient and smoother than any manual.
And still a slushbox, so

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m pretty convinced that the 2.7 probably won’t be an option, I think it will be the 3.0 non-hybrid. Someone on the BOF commented that the 2.7 isn’t different enough from the 2.3 to make it a worthwhile option.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Don't care how fast and smooth the 10 speed is. If no manual = no Bronco for me.
Driving should be about fun, and three pedals = Fun
I wish Ford would at least confirm Manual or no. If no, I can stop dreaming and caring about a new Bronco, move and order a Taco.
Sponsored