First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m pretty convinced that the 2.7 probably won’t be an option, I think it will be the 3.0 non-hybrid. Someone on the BOF commented that the 2.7 isn’t different enough from the 2.3 to make it a worthwhile option.
I really don't understand that. Not different enough? It's a TTV6 compared to a single turbo I4... that's 2 completely different engines. Displacement doesn't tell the whole story. Besides, I'd take even a 2.3 TTV6 over a 2.3 TI4 all day

Don't care how fast and smooth the 10 speed is. If no manual = no Bronco for me.
Driving should be about fun, and three pedals = Fun
Bingo

I wish Ford would at least confirm Manual or no. If no, I can stop dreaming and caring about a new Bronco, move and order a Taco.
Yep, same here except Ram diesel with a manual
Sponsored

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No 2.7 is/will be disappointing to me but my big concern is also a manual.

Now if Ford got crazy and introduced a new V8 in the 3.8 to 5.0 size range (assuming no 5.0 for whatever reason) that could be interesting.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No 2.7 is/will be disappointing to me but my big concern is also a manual.

Now if Ford got crazy and introduced a new V8 in the 3.8 to 5.0 size range (assuming no 5.0 for whatever reason) that could be interesting.
More disappointing than an I4? It's pretty well known at this point that theres 99.9% chance that it'll never see a V8 from factory. I'd like to at least get the best option possible that can be paired to a manual

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

More disappointing than an I4? It's pretty well known at this point that theres 99.9% chance that it'll never see a V8 from factory. I'd like to at least get the best option possible that can be paired to a manual
Sorry for the confusion I meant it would be disappointing to not have the 2.7.

I know V8 super unlikely but I'll keep dreaming til they confirm otherwise.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just thinking about it, do we have any reason to really believe that Ford wouldn't pair a manual to the 3.0? I mean yeah, the torque of that engine exceeds the projected rating for the 7 speed by 10 ft lbs, but they could always detune it... and also, the MT82 is only rated for about 380ft-lbs but is still used for the Mustang, which has 420 ft-lbs. Maybe we could get the 3.0 paired to a manual, which would make me a VERY happy man

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just thinking about it, do we have any reason to really believe that Ford wouldn't pair a manual to the 3.0? I mean yeah, the torque of that engine exceeds the projected rating for the 7 speed by 10 ft lbs, but they could always detune it... ...
There are already versions of the CGI 3.0 with 400lbft. It's no stretch to imagine a 'truck tune' of the new aluminum 3.0 that would still fall under the 405lbft of the MT88 and blow everything Jeep has out of the water at the same time.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't care how fast and smooth the 10 speed is. If no manual = no Bronco for me.
Driving should be about fun, and three pedals = Fun
I wish Ford would at least confirm Manual or no. If no, I can stop dreaming and caring about a new Bronco, move and order a Taco.
Odds are next generation taco won’t have a manual either.
A report just came out saying just 1% of all cars sold in 2019 were manuals

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Wrangler still comes with a manual and if that’s the competition the Bronco is aiming for, they certainly should offer a manual. This is a specialized vehicle. If you offer removable top and doors, surely a manual transmission isn’t out of the question. Rowing the gears yourself is more fun and engaging even if modern automatics have improved , become smoother and faster. I have an automatic Camry hybrid and it’s comfortable and requires no thought to drive but I would never describe it as fun or engaging. My fun cars have to be manual.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Wrangler still comes with a manual and if that’s the competition the Bronco is aiming for, they certainly should offer a manual. This is a specialized vehicle. If you offer removable top and doors, surely a manual transmission isn’t out of the question. Rowing the gears yourself is more fun and engaging even if modern automatics have improved , become smoother and faster. I have an automatic Camry hybrid and it’s comfortable and requires no thought to drive but I would never describe it as fun or engaging. My fun cars have to be manual.
agree 100% I think this generation of cars may be the last to have manual transmissions. So get them while you can. And I think the Bronco will only have a manual on the base trim and “raptor” trim.

Only ~150,000 cars sold last year had manuals spread over 50 vehicles. That’s 3,000 per. And the number of manuals vehicles is expected to drop to 35 for 2021MY.

Sponsored

Stefawn

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Mercury Tracer Wagon
Yes --i agree ---A real stick and a REAL old school never for 4×4
No more sissy buttuns--rieeght!
Make it rugged --keep Women out and away !
But now a days too many guys are very much like women
Can't mess up their beards with the window down --"oh gotta use air conditioning even in mild weather "
Like a Bronco --u wanna kick em in da face..lol

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the more reason I need to know sooner rather than later. I will take my $ where the third pedal is until it's not there and I quit buying new vehicles.
I know I may be the exception. I essentially want a loaded vehicle with a manual transmission. I'd even pay extra for a manual option, just as long as it's not the stripped down version.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes --i agree ---A real stick and a REAL old school never for 4×4
No more sissy buttuns--rieeght!
Make it rugged --keep Women out and away !
But now a days too many guys are very much like women
Can't mess up their beards with the window down --"oh gotta use air conditioning even in mild weather "
Like a Bronco --u wanna kick em in da face..lol
wow

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So now the percentage changed, but you still can’t provide a source for this number

regardless, I proved the irrelevance of this number in another thread. People want manuals... please stop spewing your pro-boredom bullshit

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So now the percentage changed, but you still can’t provide a source for this number

regardless, I proved the irrelevance of this number in another thread. People want manuals... please stop spewing your pro-boredom bullshit
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/10/ev-sales-surpass-manual-transmissions/

17.1M non commercial vehicles sold in USA in 2019 1.1% were manual meaning 188,000 manuals were sold. Spread over 50 models. So 3,700 per vehicle on average.

And the number of vehicles is expected to drop below 40 for 2021my

so based on that new, your more likely to see a EV Bronco than Manual.
Sponsored