First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I realize it’s more speculation than anything else, but it seems more and more “sources” are stating the new Bronco will be paired with a turbo 4 banger. I’ve already put $500 down for pre-order, but if I can’t at least have a 6 cylinder then Ford can keep their Bronco. I know...most of you will beat this to death with better technology, semi impressive hp and torque figures but I don’t care....I want nothing to do with an off road vehicle with a 4 cylinder. I realize an 8 cylinder is a pipe dream, but how about the twin turbo 6 in the current Raptor?
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Welcome to the forum Chris...I'm hoping the 2.7-liter V6 twin-turbo will also be an option. Though...no one knows squat at the moment.

OP
OP

chris_rosen

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wow...what a bunch of dicks. I didn’t post this as a fishing expedition trying to get a scoop. Second, the deposit puts me on a VIP list (albeit just with a dealership) and is fully refundable so piss off. And third, my post wasn’t nearly as ridiculous as some of the bullshit I’ve seen on here.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
No it is ridiculous because it’s obvious you haven’t read anything on this forum AT ALL. Claiming you’ve seen stupider stuff is impossible because if you’d read anything at all you’d be aware the Bronco has been basically confirmed to have a V6 option.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I realize it’s more speculation than anything else, but it seems more and more “sources” are stating the new Bronco will be paired with a turbo 4 banger. ... but I don’t care....I want nothing to do with an off road vehicle with a 4 cylinder. I realize an 8 cylinder is a pipe dream, but how about the twin turbo 6 in the current Raptor?
While I would prefer the balance and rhythm of a V8, if Ford made a well tuned 3.6L I4 I would consider it. I'm more concerned with capability and precisely how it performs off road with some load on it than with cylinder count.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And yes, a lot of people around here are acting like complete douche-nozzles to new people coming in asking questions etc. :asshat: I guarantee you very little of what you say most of the time is original either.

I get it that you're frustrated that there is nothing new from Ford to talk about, but come on people. Find some enemy you can collectively pretend to hate instead of cannibalizing the community.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I would love to see is a "Welcome Page/Thread" for new members to read. Something along the lines of "Read this before posting" just to prevent new members from regurgitating the same posts previous members have made. Chris, I've been on this forum long enough to know that Nick and Chrispy don't mean any ill will towards you. You just are the most recent of an ever expanding list of new members that joined from excitement but didn't do any searching via the forums for your answer before posting. Even though we are still a ways out, the closer we get to the actual announcement/release the more members are going to join this forum. We haven't seen the last of these posts but I think we could help ourselves by creating a "Welcome New Members/Read this Before Posting Thread" It could contain the rumored features from the dealership meetings and patents. I am willing to start such a page but I know for a fact I do not have as good of knowledge as some of the other members do here (I'm looking at you Nick, Stampede and Chrispy)

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"Welcome Page/Thread"
"What we know" & What we think" are excellent starting points. Especially since BOTH categories will expand quite a bit in the hopefully near future.

All of us relive "Groundhog Day" every time we sign on - hopeful of learning some new reliable information...frustrated when we don't.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I totally agree... not meant to be rude just annoyed lol. I also feel some of it may be coming from a bit of a trolling place. Especially that “ol Skool Bronc” guy I have a hard time believing he’s genuine at this point.

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We could also be more courteous by referencing the thread that has previously beaten their "new" topic to death, they could read that and understand our pain.

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was completely anti 4 banger until I test drove a brand new Ranger last weekend. I was very surprised at how well the 330 hp turbo 4 moved the truck.
Sponsored