First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hopefully a 35 AT is an option or else it will be a dealer swap. No need for MTs
Ford is calling them "mud terrains" but they actually aren't. More appropriately called very aggressive all terrains, or "maximum terrains."
Sponsored

IARubicon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Tangentially related, here is a good video on the relationship of tire pressure to puncture resistance. Simply having a beefy tire isn't enough.

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll give you a lowball offer.
How about a high ball offer. I'd actually rather throw them away then see them on the road. Just like all my Nike products I got rid of

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so i really want to put 37's on my badlands but have some concerns. I keep reading that if you want 37's you possibly have to regear and make sure you have the right wheels and so on and so forth. What are your guys' thoughts on that? I was planning on NOT going up to the sasquatch so i can get a 2 inch lift and then put the 37's on with my own wheels i choose. Will that work? let me know, thanks

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OK, if your off road I can understand that. What I don't understand is running up and down the highway with tires that stick out beyond the fenders and flares. Do you just like busting everyone else's windshields or what? All-Terrains and mud tires throw more rocks. It's bad enough these places quit sweeping streets as it is. I don't mean this rude, I just don't understand why we quit being considerate of other peoples investments also.
There could be a long conversation re: My 'personal liberties' vs protecting someone else...
Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco (6th Gen) Factory Tire Size & Wheel Size Comparisons (Circumference, Diameter, Height, Width, Bolt Pattern, Center Bore) 1600278002930

Sponsored

FrogGrabber

Black Diamond
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: 2012 Wrangler, 2015 JKUR, ‘70 Jeepster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
so i really want to put 37's on my badlands but have some concerns. I keep reading that if you want 37's you possibly have to regear and make sure you have the right wheels and so on and so forth. What are your guys' thoughts on that? I was planning on NOT going up to the sasquatch so i can get a 2 inch lift and then put the 37's on with my own wheels i choose. Will that work? let me know, thanks
This is all subjective, but I'd be the 4.7 axle ratio will run fine with 37's, especially with the 2.7. There are thousands of Jeeps running around on 35's with 4.10's (or taller even) that do fine. They aren't going to burn up a drag strip, but they're fine off road and for regular driving. 4.7 is actually VERY aggressive. The smaller diff (about equivalent to a Dana 30) in the front of a non-squatch bronco prob couldn't be much taller than that. Teeth get too small on ring gear.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OK, if your off road I can understand that. What I don't understand is running up and down the highway with tires that stick out beyond the fenders and flares. Do you just like busting everyone else's windshields or what? All-Terrains and mud tires throw more rocks. It's bad enough these places quit sweeping streets as it is. I don't mean this rude, I just don't understand why we quit being considerate of other peoples investments also.
Highways are paved where I live. Rocks and debris are rare. Besides that, I’m not talking about wheels outside the fender. I’m talking about 1” or less of poke.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How about a high ball offer. I'd actually rather throw them away then see them on the road. Just like all my Nike products I got rid of
Lol nike.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There could be more than a lift needed for 37s. We just don’t know yet. Big tires is always a domino effect on the next component down the line.

If I had to guess, I think you’ll need some of the Sasquatch components to pull it off. Otherwise, Ford could have done 35s for cheaper.

Sponsored

JimBob14

Badlands
First Name
Jim Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Highways are paved where I live. Rocks and debris are rare. Besides that, I’m not talking about wheels outside the fender. I’m talking about 1” or less of poke.
Roads here are paved also. They use a mix that includes gravel so rocks do show up on the road. I am also rural and we have a lot of dirt roads. I have a windshield full of rock chips. A few rocks are from some of our locals that have tires that stick outside of all fenders and flares and the rest are normal. It is the ones that are preventable that upset me. This isn't mentioning all the paint chips from debris. It is legal and their/your right to do this. I just know how much I work to pay for my vehicle and I try to be considerate of others. Guess I'm just old or missed out on the it's all about me generation.

To bring this back to a Bronco topic, it did look like the flares were pretty quick and simple to remove/replace. Could pull them off quick enough for mudding when out playing. I did like that.

ToddReynolds

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor, 2023 Badlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am thinking the exact same setup but am concerned that if you don't add the Squatch to the Badlands that you end up with not only 1/2" smaller width rims, which could be swapped out with aftermarket, but also smaller gears (4.46:1 for Badlands vs 4.70:1 for Squatch) I am guessing if you planned on additional lift and larger tires like the 37" down the road wouldn't you definitely want the 4.70:1??? Please let me know as I am interested in this as well

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is all subjective, but I'd be the 4.7 axle ratio will run fine with 37's, especially with the 2.7. There are thousands of Jeeps running around on 35's with 4.10's (or taller even) that do fine. They aren't going to burn up a drag strip, but they're fine off road and for regular driving. 4.7 is actually VERY aggressive. The smaller diff (about equivalent to a Dana 30) in the front of a non-squatch bronco prob couldn't be much taller than that. Teeth get too small on ring gear.
so you think going with the standard 4.46 gears would be better for the 37's than the 4.7?

JimBob14

Badlands
First Name
Jim Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There could be a long conversation re: My 'personal liberties' vs protecting someone else...
Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco (6th Gen) Factory Tire Size & Wheel Size Comparisons (Circumference, Diameter, Height, Width, Bolt Pattern, Center Bore) 1600278002930
I don't remember saying it wasn't your right to do so. I never said anything about legalities either, I think it is perfectly legal here in TX. I was just wondering when just being considerate to others quit being a thing. That's all.

The flares do look quick and easy to remove on the Bronco. That does look like a bonus.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am thinking the exact same setup but am concerned that if you don't add the Squatch to the Badlands that you end up with not only 1/2" smaller width rims, which could be swapped out with aftermarket, but also smaller gears (4.46:1 for Badlands vs 4.70:1 for Squatch) I am guessing if you planned on additional lift and larger tires like the 37" down the road wouldn't you definitely want the 4.70:1??? Please let me know as I am interested in this as well
to be honest thats what my thinking was on everything. Ive been reading that you wont notice a huge difference at first with the standard 4.46 but down the road you will notice that your car/truck will become sluggish. So i'm probably just going to get the squatch just because of the upgraded dana and gears
Sponsored