Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The most disappointing thing for me about the Big Bend is not the tire size (32" are fine for me) but the tire choice - Bridgestone Dueler ATs. Would love an option for BFG AT instead, but not going to pay $1500 to scrap a set of brand-new tires.
Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the leaked axle ratios are correct, the 4.7 ratio with the 10 speed will turn 2019 rpm @ 70mph with the 315's
Which is perfect. The Rubicon is 2000 @ 70 with 33s.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the folks that have never actually ran mud tires, a little info for you. Bigger isnā€™t always better when it comes to regular driving.
Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco (6th Gen) Factory Tire Size & Wheel Size Comparisons (Circumference, Diameter, Height, Width, Bolt Pattern, Center Bore) 46209703-025E-496E-8204-64383F8DD266

Sponsored
OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wish the Badlands 33's were a little beefier...? Maybe 305 wide?
I know what you mean. Of course, that would make Ford have to put wider flares on it (like Sasquatch), which would suck. This way, you can upgrade the tire and poke outside the flares.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very nice visual representation. I'll take what's behind door # LT315/70R17, please.
Just so yā€™all know I work at General Tire and I build the 315-17s Grabber ATXs and X3s so know you trade up and get rid of the Goodyearā€™s my tires were built with off road love!! ??

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I keep hearing the Goodyear's are Max Traction tires not true mud terrains. Isn't that still accurate?

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the interest of providing one-stop information, could the wheel widths be included on the first post?

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'll be getting rid of my Goodyears as soon as I get my Bronco. I'll sell them if I can or I'll just throw them away
Iā€™ll give you a lowball offer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just so yā€™all know I work at General Tire and I build the 315-17s Grabber ATXs and X3s so know you trade up and get rid of the Goodyearā€™s my tires were built with off road love!! ??
I'm on my second set of Grabber AT2s. Love them!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I missed this thread! I appreciate the pin. I am sure this was answered elsewhere, but can't really find a satisfying answer.

Ford mentioned the difference between BL and Sasquatch suspension is a lift. Is that just because the 2in difference in the tires or do they actually do something with the suspension?

I ask because I honestly do not know what I am talking about, haha. Also because I am curious in the cost of upgrading to 35s if I dont sasquatch. Would I have to pay for a lift to properly fit larger tires?
There has been some contradictor/confused answers to this depending on with whom and when the question is asked.

It seems like what *might* be the case is that BL and Sasquatch have the same basic suspension (Higher than the Base through OB). Squatch obviously adds 35s, but that doesn't seem to account for the full difference in height in the specs. One of the Ford reps recently mentioned stiffer springs in Squatch, which could account for the unaccounted for difference in height.

Squatch is also said to have 10mm travel limiters to prevent rubbing, though one rep seemed to imply they were 10mm spacers... which could also account for the difference in height.

I think the take-home is: If you get a BL, you could probably put 35s on it without issue, though you may experience some rubbing at flex or steering lock, but we wont know for sure until we know for sure.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm on my second set of Grabber AT2s. Love them!
They are excellent tires if taken care off! I ran 295-16 Red letter grabbers on my Hummer for years! Soon as I run the rubber off what I get on my Badlands Iā€™ll be for ever running Grabber ATs.

JimBob14

Badlands
First Name
Jim Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know what you mean. Of course, that would make Ford have to put wider flares on it (like Sasquatch), which would suck. This way, you can upgrade the tire and poke outside the flares.
OK, if your off road I can understand that. What I don't understand is running up and down the highway with tires that stick out beyond the fenders and flares. Do you just like busting everyone else's windshields or what? All-Terrains and mud tires throw more rocks. It's bad enough these places quit sweeping streets as it is. I don't mean this rude, I just don't understand why we quit being considerate of other peoples investments also.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kind bummed Ford Q&A rep said no tire choices from factory. Either you get the standard trim level tires or sasquatch. Seems like a missed opportunity. I personally want to upgrade my 32s on the OB for 33s from the Badlands. But to toss/set aside 5 (not 4) new tires to purchase aftermarket seems wasteful. I ALMOST convinced myself it's worth the $1,500.... Even if Ford ripped us off and charged us $500-800 to upgrade tires (where we only get one set), i would still say yes.
Sponsored