Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been lurking for a year.My first car was a '67 Bronco, 3 on the tree.

For me, the tire size is kind of a big deal. I love the way the '315's look but would not want to run them through a Wisconsin winter. Not only do I not do any off-roading hard core enough to reuire them, I run dedicated wheel/tire combos for the winter and would not rather deal with huge effective gearing changes and speedometer error. So 32.1 x 10 would be great for the winter with a slightly wider (but not taller) tire for summer.
Respectfully, 35Ă—10.50R17, or 275/85R17 size tire wouldn't require a speedometer recalibration.
While keeping the same tire width as a 32x10.
Something to consider.
Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
So can some engineer type tell us with the Sasquatch package, with 4.7 rear diff, what the engine RPM will be at 70 MPH with the 10 speed overdrive tranny in 10th gear?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
to be honest thats what my thinking was on everything. Ive been reading that you wont notice a huge difference at first with the standard 4.46 but down the road you will notice that your car/truck will become sluggish. So i'm probably just going to get the squatch just because of the upgraded dana and gears
Where have you seen that Sasquatch comes with front Dana 210s? I don't think that's part of the package.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't remember saying it wasn't your right to do so. I never said anything about legalities either, I think it is perfectly legal here in TX. I was just wondering when just being considerate to others quit being a thing. That's all.

The flares do look quick and easy to remove on the Bronco. That does look like a bonus.
I have plenty of taxes stolen out of my pay check to keep the roads in good condition. Rocks and other debris on the road is not my fault unless I put it there.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For sure.

Surface area/contact patch is always king except in very specific circumstances.

One such circumstance is where said pizza cutters can reach the asphalt or hardpack through the snow/slush/mud... which is a situation that many wheelers can attest is vanishingly rare offroad, despite the popularity of this myth.

I suspect most of the provenance of this lies with areas with winter temps that do not remain below freezing. Constant thaw cycling can produce slush depths on street roads that pizza cutters work well in.

I think I'll be aiming for the 285s, since I have 33s on the Jeep and they are more available both in number and brand variability than the 315s.
Pizza cutters are also king in downpour rain. Tall skinny's test your driving and wheel placement skills in rock and challenging dry off road - with all the locking diff's tech that is OK. In mud they will test your recovery skills.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It clearly states Dana 190 is standard and 210 is optional. it does NOT say Optional or included w/Sasquatch package like the locking Rear Differential or Available (w/Sasquatch Pkg.) like the tires or wheels. I do NOT believe Sasquatch includes the Dana 210 front axel as others have also said on other threads.
So, you’re thinking that the 190 can handle 35s? Be cool if that’s the case. Although, what would the 210 be for, if not larger tires?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, you’re thinking that the 190 can handle 35s? Be cool if that’s the case. Although, what would the 210 be for, if not larger tires?
I never said I thought the Dana 190 front could handle the Sasquatch 35s. If I was going to purchase the Sasquatch package (I'm not), I would also upgrade to the Dana 210 front axel. One more way Ford can charge more.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just so y’all know I work at General Tire and I build the 315-17s Grabber ATXs and X3s so know you trade up and get rid of the Goodyear’s my tires were built with off road love!! ??
What about something being built with "winter love"? Ice winter (New England) not snow winter (Buffalo, etc).

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I never said I thought the Dana 190 front could handle the Sasquatch 35s. If I was going to purchase the Sasquatch package (I'm not), I would also upgrade to the Dana 210 front axel. One more way Ford can charge more.
Oh, I wasn’t accusing you of saying it. I was Just thinking out loud as to the purpose of the 210, if not for bigger tires.
Sponsored