First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't you think its a bit strange they didn't wait until after April 8th to provide "final" allocation numbers? I guess the top issues could push people back in line and move other people up in line and the allocation number is what it is?
My understanding is allocation was based on conversion, and these tops will be no different than someone that converted and left their order at a 99 to wait for 22 options, so they were a plus for the dealers conversion rate, yet won't get looked at for 21.

Each orders place in line hasn't been determined, just the number the dealer gets, I think thats the next process and if they're doing it to include options, that will be a lot more involved.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still trying to understand the whole allocation vs. reservation time stamp thing. Understand it's even more complicated by the commodity issues, but it still doesn't seem clear to me yet.

For now, ignoring commodity issues, and using generic numbers..
If I was a day 1 reservation at a dealer with 100 allocated units
Then I didn't convert my reservation to an order till the first week of March, ending up being their 125th order or so.
But all the other reservation holders, who had much later timestamps, converted before me, and the dealer was now past their allocation threshold

Does that mean my order doesn't get processed for MY21 because the dealers allocation was used up before I placed my order?

Sponsored

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still trying to understand the whole allocation vs. reservation time stamp thing. Understand it's even more complicated by the commodity issues, but it still doesn't seem clear to me yet.

Then I didn't convert my reservation to an order till the first week of March, ending up being their 125th order or so.
But all the other reservation holders, who had much later timestamps, converted before me, and the dealer was now past their allocation threshold

Does that mean my order doesn't get processed for MY21 because the dealers allocation was used up before I placed my order?
No.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Order conversion timing is irrelevant. It all defaults to initial reservation timestamp.

Last edited:

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, your reservation timestamp sets your place in the allocation allotment at the dealer. But, if your dealer only has a few spots at the table, you would still get bumped to later reservations placed at a dealer with more allotted?

If they're really going by reservation timestamps, why have dealer allocations?

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Time stamp, not order date is what matters for position in line as long as it was ordered before the cutoff.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't you think its a bit strange they didn't wait until after April 8th to provide "final" allocation numbers? I guess the top issues could push people back in line and move other people up in line and the allocation number is what it is?
Allocations are based the number of orders and not order specifics.
So, your reservation timestamp sets your place in the allocation allotment at the dealer. But, if your dealer only has a few spots at the table, you would still get bumped to later reservations placed at a dealer with more allotted?

If they're really going by reservation timestamps, why have dealer allocations?
The allocations are basically how Ford decides to "divvy up" the production of the numbers between all of the dealerships and then your individual reservation stamps WITHIN your dealers allocations is what sets your eligibility for a 21my.

If you are allocated for a 21my, then your reservation will set your spot within production order (taking in to account the deadly sins and such).

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So a week 10 reservation ordered through a dealer with a large allocation could be built for MY21, where a week 1 reservation ordered through a dealer with a very small allocation (i.e. 1-3 units) could be pushed?

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey why not indicate what % the allocation changed....

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So a week 10 reservation ordered through a dealer with a large allocation could be built for MY21, where a week 1 reservation ordered through a dealer with a very small allocation (i.e. 1-3 units) could be pushed?
Yup.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Also not sure by what you mean by first wave, this will be just for 21 MY, we don't know how allocation will be broken down, I believe we'll be scheduling quarterly, but there will only be 2 quarters for 21. So allocation could be 50/50 or it could be based on other issues (commodities on your orders, etc)
I meant exactly that, the quarterly scheduling. thanks.
Sponsored