First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Where is the parking brake on the manual trans version? When starting from a stop on a hill, I typically apply the parking brake with my hand, and then ease off the parking brake as I engage the clutch and feather the throttle. Anyone know how will this process be accomplished on the new Bronco with manual trans?
The Bronco has Hillside Assist
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Shows the disconnecting sway bar in this video at 1:34

Hope so. Because the initial front wheel travel (left photo below) was a bit lacking. Right photo below shows what you suggest is after the sway bar disconnect.

Also I wonder why not disable the front sway bar when starting to off-road, instead of waiting for some obstacle? Is there something about the IFS design that can result in too much lean when off-roading, unless the sway bar is connected most of the time offroad?

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco First Ride Media Reviews Compilation (Articles/Videos)! FrontTravelComparison

Daltonm33

Base
First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where is the parking brake on the manual trans version? When starting from a stop on a hill, I typically apply the parking brake with my hand, and then ease off the parking brake as I engage the clutch and feather the throttle. Anyone know how will this process be accomplished on the new Bronco with manual trans?
They have hill assist these days. My fiesta ST had it. Also it probably has a electronic parking brake

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hope so. Because the initial front wheel travel (left photo below) was a bit lacking. Right photo below shows what you suggest is after the sway bar disconnect.

Also I wonder why not disable the front sway bar when starting to off-road, instead of waiting for some obstacle? Is there something about the IFS design that can result in too much lean when off-roading, unless the sway bar is connected most of the time offroad?

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco First Ride Media Reviews Compilation (Articles/Videos)! FrontTravelComparison
This was a press event. They are wanting to show features of the Bronco, and one of those features is being able to disconnect the sway bar while under load.

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The MT Bronco needs a Manual Hand Leaver Brake, as there are time where the Hill Assist and/or Electric Park Brake will cause undesirable results off-road.

There's a park brake discussion in the Wheel, Tires & Brakes section of this forum for further discussion of this topic.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco First Ride Media Reviews Compilation (Articles/Videos)! 76D270D6-1208-4875-BF03-1549BC5AA45B
?? Maybe the Detroit News knows something we don’t lol, but there is some other factually incorrect info in their article so I’m sure this is wrong too(and IMO the article is poorly written). But if that’s the case I’m definitely getting the Squatch! Lol

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

True.

We're the 1% around here that consumes every morsel of Bronco news and leaks when they become available.... and then we put it all together for our own consumption.

This media event, and the resulting dozen(s) of articles will serve as the first major(or at all) news for the other 99% of people or aren't members here.
Yeah basically we are the 1% who will actually go forward with buying one of these beasts. I imagine a great majority will flake out by the November/December time frame for the ordering and configuring. The good news about that is the time we have to wait to receive our Broncos is probably a lot less than projected.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The MT Bronco needs a Manual Hand Leaver Brake, as there are time where the Hill Assist and/or Electric Park Brake will cause undesirable results off-road.

There's a park brake discussion in the Wheel, Tires & Brakes section of this forum for further discussion of this topic.
Yeah I've driven some rental cars with no manual handbrake, and the park/hill assist thing would not be sufficient for me off-road. Darn I was hoping Bronco would have a hand lever parking brake. I'll check out that thread thanks.

Sponsored

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Omg now I want a badlands. Just take my money ford. I can eat ramen for a while. ?
yeah....these videos confirmed it for me. 2.3 Badlands w/ MT with a performance pack.

Share some ramen recipes.