Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Big thanks to all that posted and made it easy to find the vids & articles.(y)
I'm sure in the months ahead there will be plenty (hopefully not all at once: truly mind numbing!)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This on here yet? Sorry if it was already posted.

Interesting that they point out they’d take the regular badlands with 33s and a manual over Sasquatch. I’m thinking I will likely do the same.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/lifestyle/5-things-learned-test-driving-160100687.html
Also this: "it (Bronco Sport) should be overkill for the off-roading most people do with their vehicles." Other than those making use of a removable top or utility features, the Sport is the better reality based match for a lot of folks.

cursed_hemi

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Charger Daytona / 03 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
These articles and videos have made my mind up for sure. The manual is definitely worth sticking with the 2.3. Seems like it's more than enough motor for the Bronco.
I don't like the idea of ordering a vehicle, certainly with a manual, without being to drive it though. You'd be surprised just how badly a manufacturer can mess up a manual trans (shift feel and clutch). The manual in my fiance's Crosstrek is an abomination.

Hyperforming

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still working through but a couple things I’ve noticed so far:
-In the video from Motor1 the shifter appears to have (at least for a truck/suv) a pretty short throw=more fun to row ??
-He didn’t seem to be shifting a whole lot so the 2.3 must be pretty tractable.
-The article from Cars.com kept mentioning the lack of legroom in the back of the two seater. Everything I’ve seen so far said that it was the same for 2 or 4.
-Most of these guys looks like they would be reviewing cell phones and not off road vehicles.

Sponsored

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something I noticed, and haven't seen anyone say on this thread, is one of the videos (can't remember which) showed actual doors to match the saddle-brown interior, you know, the vapor-ware interior on the 37" tire 2" lifted Bronco that so far we've only seen with the 'hole' doors (or whatever they are called). Maybe this is a smidge of hope that the saddle brown interior, yellow accents and all, is real. ?

Tory Brecht

Wildtrak
First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No one is questioning the capability of Defender. I was in the Defender camp until about 3 months ago. However, that thing is a monocoque with full Independent air suspension, which means it will break right when you need it to work.

Other issue is that Defender is too expensive and is too much of a departure from the utilitarianism that made Defender a legend to begin with. It doesn't look rugged because it isn't, it's just a typical Land Rover, so nothing to see here.

For North America, you also can't fit anything above 33" on a Defender. This isn't an issue for world travelers because you don't overland in big tires (can't replace big tires in Africa or Australia, or anywhere really). Not fitting 35-37" tires is a non-starter here in North America. The old Defender fits them and wears them well. Sorry, no go.

Thus, here with the Bronco. I am not alone.
I had a Defender speced out and was a week or two from pulling the trigger when my 18-year old car nut son told me to really consider the Bronco. Got more details and for the money, it’s really no contest. The Defender I had speced our was going to be about $74K. The Bronco I plan on getting - a Wildtrak with all the bells and whistles and upgrades - will come in around 10K less. AND you cab take the doors and roof off! :)

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still working through but a couple things I’ve noticed so far:
-In the video from Motor1 the shifter appears to have (at least for a truck/suv) a pretty short throw=more fun to row ??
-He didn’t seem to be shifting a whole lot so the 2.3 must be pretty tractable.
-The article from Cars.com kept mentioning the lack of legroom in the back of the two seater. Everything I’ve seen so far said that it was the same for 2 or 4.
-Most of these guys looks like they would be reviewing cell phones and not off road vehicles.
I noticed the same comment about legroom in the 2 door and I’m pretty sure I read legroom was the same too.

Not really an issue for me since I will have the second row folded down about 95 percent if the time anyway but it was an interesting thing for them to point out.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody else notice in the motor1 video that the "Badlands" 2 door doesn't have the advertised grille? The one in the video is my favorite. I hope it is offered on the Badlands.
I just rewatched the video. There is a lot of pre-recorded footage of other Broncos interleaved with their inside the Bronco ride shots. I didn't see a good front shot of the Badlands 2 door, but they showed plenty of the Outer Banks Sasquatch 2 door that had the running boards.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah basically we are the 1% who will actually go forward with buying one of these beasts. I imagine a great majority will flake out by the November/December time frame for the ordering and configuring. The good news about that is the time we have to wait to receive our Broncos is probably a lot less than projected.
As long as they don't actually need my money when i order in December, There is nothing stopping me from getting this!

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure if someone posted this...but I thought this was a cool video.

Sponsored