Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey folks...just got done doing some programming and wanted to share my outcome.

I am using a Surface Laptop, Win10, OBDLink MX+ (Bluetooth) and Forscan 2.3.42. NOTE: I tried to use another laptop that has Win11 on it and it would not work at all. Thank goodness I had a machine that had not been upgraded yet. Avoid Win11

Before I started, I pulled down the 'as built' config from Ford, using my VIN to have as backup.

Connection to the MX+ was super easy as long as you follow the step by step, carefully. Start the car FIRST, then plug in the OBDLink, then pair with the computer.

Being paranoid, I saved a full config in Forscan before starting the programming.

I used the F150 spreadsheet mentioned in this thread and changed the following (all successful)
Disable Double Horn Honk (THANK YOU!!!!)
Disable seatbelt reminder
Disable door ajar chime (still chimes once...but not endlessly)
Disable key-in ignition chime
Set Remote Window Open/Close in Sync 4

The only setting that seems not to have worked is
Enable Keypad Code in Sync (doesn't recognize the factory code). Going to look into this one and see if something else works, or go back to As Built.

Thanks to all who have dug into the Bronco programming. Looks like most of the F150 codes work just fine.
I am so happy this morning. I was fed up last night after I got double honked from reinstalling my doors and made every dog in the neighborhood bark. Determined to get rid of it I busted out Forscan to see if I could use F150 code. The 15-20 spreadsheet wasnā€™t matching up so I was about to give up. Then I searched for a bronco spreadsheet and it brought me to this thread. Hallelujah! Itā€™s gone! Well worth the $50 adapter (OBDlink EX) and $10 license just for that alone. Looking forward to seeing what else can be done as ā€˜21 F150 owners figure more out. I originally bought it to program my keyless entry pad but set it aside when I realized you needed FDRS for that. @Administrator should make this a sticky for people to know that you can get rid of double honk, disable ASS, change default auto headlights, and bambi mode. I didnā€™t know what double honk was prior to taking delivery but quickly came to hate it with a passion. Thanks to you guys for figuring it out. I love this forum.

What does the remote window in sync 4 do?
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ya know you don't have to buy the license, right?

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder if there will be a way to program the digital gauge cluster from the 2021 F150?
The graphic tach is worthless. And I dont need 3 speedometers.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am so happy this morning. I was fed up last night after I got double honked from reinstalling my doors and made every dog in the neighborhood bark. Determined to get rid of it I busted out Forscan to see if I could use F150 code. The 15-20 spreadsheet wasnā€™t matching up so I was about to give up. Then I searched for a bronco spreadsheet and it brought me to this thread. Hallelujah! Itā€™s gone! Well worth the $50 adapter (OBDlink EX) and $10 license just for that alone. Looking forward to seeing what else can be done as ā€˜21 F150 owners figure more out. I originally bought it to program my keyless entry pad but set it aside when I realized you needed FDRS for that. @Administrator should make this a sticky for people to know that you can get rid of double honk, disable ASS, change default auto headlights, and bambi mode. I didnā€™t know what double honk was prior to taking delivery but quickly came to hate it with a passion. Thanks to you guys for figuring it out. I love this forum.

What does the remote window in sync 4 do?
ASS??

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Auto start/stop. (Most likely...)

Maybe a few ASS features I'd like to disable too.
I dude named McCracken telling me what ASS means...
Sorry, I couldn't pass up the opportunity šŸ¤·šŸ»
Lol

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered 2 of these and a dealership and Ford Engineer could not even get it working using all of Fords tools.
Are you talking about the wireless key pad attached to the driver's door that unlocks the doors without a key/FOB? Our Bronco came with a little package in the glove box that contained the default code. I successfully used it to reprogram with our code.

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you talking about the wireless key pad attached to the driver's door that unlocks the doors without a key/FOB? Our Bronco came with a little package in the glove box that contained the default code. I successfully used it to reprogram with our code.

@sledboy Did you order the entry pad with your Bronco or separate from Ford as an accessory? This would be great to hear and I would get one on order quickly for myself.

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@sledboy Did you order the entry pad with your Bronco or separate from Ford as an accessory? This would be great to hear and I would get one on order quickly for myself.
I ordered it with my Bronco. Instructions and default code were in the glove box. I don't know for sure but I imagine if you order a keypad as an accessory, it also would come with instructions.

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder if there will be a way to program the digital gauge cluster from the 2021 F150?
The graphic tach is worthless. And I dont need 3 speedometers.
I looked into this a bit tonight. There was an option in IPC for "Digital Tachometer Feature" that was "Disabled" - I enabled it - but, I don't see any option or indication that it did anything. I was curious if that would change the display of the Tach gauge. I will report back if I see anything change.

I got rid of some chimes and changed headlights switch to "last used" instead of always defaulting to auto.

I may get some more time later tonight to dig a bit more.

For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to turn the cabin lights on (especially the cargo space) - when I found Bed Lamb that was disabled...it again didn't do anything and then I realized there is a switch above (behind AUX) to have all the cabin lights turn on when unlocked/doors open. D'oh! FYI: It's the one closest to the windshield and passenger side.

Another module I was hoping would do something was Backup Warning Chime (also disabled)...I knew standard package doesn't include it...but always wondered why? The camera is there...the Red/Yellow/Green lines are there...even my Transit with SYNC 1 has an alert when getting too close to something in reverse...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I looked into this a bit tonight. There was an option in IPC for "Digital Tachometer" that was "Disabled" - I enabled it - but, I don't see any option or indication that it did anything. I was curious if that would change the display of the Tach gauge. I will report back if I see anything change.

I got rid of some chimes and changed headlights switch to "last used" instead of always defaulting to auto.

I may get some more time later tonight to dig a bit more.

For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to turn the cabin lights on (especially the cargo space) - when I found Bed Lamb that was disabled...it again didn't do anything and then I realized there is a switch above (behind AUX) to have all the cabin lights turn on when unlocked/doors open. D'oh! FYI: It's the one closest to the windshield and passenger side.

Another module I was hoping would do something was Reverse Warning Chime (also disabled)...I knew standard package doesn't include it...but always wondered why? The camera is there...the Red/Yellow/Green lines are there...even my Transit with SYNC 1 has an alert when getting too close to something in reverse...
WOW thanks for the response.
Please keep us posted.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Spending some more time in here...

IPC Module

Forward Collision Mitigation by Braking - default is disabled - gonna see if that actually applies the brakes in an emergency. I have seen the Alert once or twice - but, didn't notice any brake pressure. Read others say that they did and it saved them from a collision.

Fuel Economy Method - default is (1) 3200 km sawtooth. The other option is (0) Total Distance. Interesting and something I will research.

PDM Module (Also in the DDM Module - anyone know why or if they need to be changed in both?)
Global Window Close - for some reason this is default (0) disabled - but, open is enabled...why not have the ability to do both from the FOB? Gonna try it...

Boundary Alert - also (0) disabled, also didn't engage any sort of warning sounds to avoid collision in reverse. Safe to assume these have nothing to do with that.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No luck on the Global Window Close. Not that important. Just found it weird that you can open with FOB - but, not close. Strange.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No luck on the Global Window Close. Not that important. Just found it weird that you can open with FOB - but, not close. Strange.
I've heard the F-150s do it, but with the the lock button on the remote, not the unlock. Is that what you tried?

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dude named McCracken telling me what ASS means...
Sorry, I couldn't pass up the opportunity šŸ¤·šŸ»
Lol
Phil McCracken, I know him well! lol šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ˜…
Sponsored