First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Etron
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

It’s interesting that Wildtrak has both Baja and Sport modes. I would have thought the reason Badlands doesn’t have sport is because it has Baja
Advertisement

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Explorer
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

It’s interesting that Wildtrak has both Baja and Sport modes. I would have thought the reason Badlands doesn’t have sport is because it has Baja
Some make sense if the equipment isn't there (lockers) but not sure why they wouldn't have all for first edition at least. I could see that as plus for it eventhough badlands has all same equipment. I figured there was some limitation, but guess not.

D2dhanover

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Bronco
Badlands
So tonight I tried my best to get Stop and Go working (Traffic Jam Assist) but no matter what it would just not accept turning TJA on no matter how many other things I lined up. Intelligent ACC also will not fully function. Ended up actually getting frustrated and changing an entire line over and then after I wrote it I needed to calibrate the IPMA entirely. At first I was worried it was going to need IDS but thankfully ForScan is able to do the learn procedure and the fault was cleared. So I guess we will just have to wait. This vehicle is such a mismosh of things with next gen stuff and current gen stuff blended together.

I feel so close but so far from having Lane Centering

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Bronco
First Edition
Clubs

So tonight I tried my best to get Stop and Go working (Traffic Jam Assist) but no matter what it would just not accept turning TJA on no matter how many other things I lined up. Intelligent ACC also will not fully function. Ended up actually getting frustrated and changing an entire line over and then after I wrote it I needed to calibrate the IPMA entirely. At first I was worried it was going to need IDS but thankfully ForScan is able to do the learn procedure and the fault was cleared. So I guess we will just have to wait. This vehicle is such a mismosh of things with next gen stuff and current gen stuff blended together.

I feel so close but so far from having Lane Centering
We have confidence you'll get there!

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Bronco
First Edition
Clubs

So now that more time has passed, what scan tool/interface do you guys recommend for connecting to the vehicle? Last I remember, the OBDlink MX+ was the preferred tool. Have things changed? Is there a better option to buy if I just want to change basic things?

D2dhanover

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Bronco
Badlands
So now that more time has passed, what scan tool/interface do you guys recommend for connecting to the vehicle? Last I remember, the OBDlink MX+ was the preferred tool. Have things changed? Is there a better option to buy if I just want to change basic things?
I’m not sure about better as in cheaper but I have that one and I love it it’s been perfect.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
First Edition
Clubs

I’m not sure about better as in cheaper but I have that one and I love it it’s been perfect.
Yeah I’m more worried about quality and user experience over cost. If that’s still the one to get, I’ll grab it. There’s 1 more on Amazon that reviews seem to prefer, that’s why I was asking.

BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone & Android https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00652G4T...abc_9Q8WKDKKWRJFB8971G20?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone know anything about that one?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Suzuki Samurai, 03 Ford F250
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I've been using this one on my other Fords. Has worked well. Since my Bronco is still a long way out I wouldn't mind lending it to see how it works for you.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MQ8GHG3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
First Edition
Clubs

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I have been using an OBDLinkEX hardwire cable. It seemed a reliable method when I searched a while back.

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands replaced sport mode with rock crawl (w/sway disconnect).

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Appreciate it, brother. But I don’t have a windows computer. I’m just gonna grab one from Amazon since they’re pretty cheap.
Let us know what you think. I'm not a fan of Bluetooth adapters, hardwired has been more reliable in my experience.

I just use an old netbook right now but the battery is shot so it's not convenient.

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Bronco
Outer Banks
Let us know what you think. I'm not a fan of Bluetooth adapters, hardwired has been more reliable in my experience.

I just use an old netbook right now but the battery is shot so it's not convenient.

What's the best laptop or notebook to pick up for using on just Forscan? I read the post with details on refurbished and they are all so different.
Thank you

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
First Edition
Clubs

Any wired options work with Mac?

edit: never mind, I’m sure forscan is a windows based program

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

What's the best laptop or notebook to pick up for using on just Forscan? I read the post with details on refurbished and they are all so different.
Thank you
Whatever is cheap, Forscan doesn't use any real processing power. My 14 year old Eee PC netbook runs it fine.

Advertisement

Advertisement