Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Using Forscan on my 2019 Raptor I was able to change the blinker from from 3 to 5 when changing lanes. Does anyone know if that will work with the Bronco? Thanks.
Sponsored

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is awesome! I was able to successfully make a bunch of updates to my BaseSquatch tonight thanks to this thread. Added Baja, Rock Crawl, and Mud/Ruts, along with ditching the start-up doo doo doo chimes, double honk, auto start stop, and enabling global window close. Thank you all!!!

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the speed at which the auto high beams come on? It seems like it is set to 32mph by default, but the speed limits around where I live are only 25mph and it is pitch black at night with millions of deer running around, so I'd like my auto high beams to come on at lower speeds if possible. Thanks in advance for any guidance on this.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is awesome! I was able to successfully make a bunch of updates to my BaseSquatch tonight thanks to this thread. Added Baja, Rock Crawl, and Mud/Ruts, along with ditchingthe start-up doo doo doo chimes, double honk, auto start stop, and enabling global window close. Thank you all!!!

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the speed at which the auto high beams come on? It seems like it is set to 30mph by default, but the speed limits around where I live are only 25mph and it is pitch black at night with millions of deer running around, so I'd like my auto high beams to come on at lower speeds if possible. Thanks in advance for any guidance on this,

You could mis-calibrate your tire size to make your speed 20% higher than it really is, or you can speed in your 'hood, but if it were me... I would just repaint all the speed limit signs to 35 MPH.

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You could mis-calibrate your tire size to make your speed 20% higher than it really is, or you can speed in your 'hood, but if it were me... I would just repaint all the speed limit signs to 35 MPH.
:ROFLMAO: I like the creativity!! I mean, I guess I could also manually turn on and off the brights, old school style, but that's no fun!

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad to hear you were able to get those modes put in place. Are they working okay?

Regarding the AHB, there isn't any available settings that I'm aware of for changing this. The best "workaround" is to exploit the engage and disengage limits. Above 32 MPH the AHB becomes operational and once you drop to below 27 MPH it becomes non-operational. I'm assuming this is to avoid them coming on when mall crawling at night. So in theory you should be able to cruise to 33 MPH for them to be engaged and then stay at or above 27 MPH to keep them working.
Yes, all modes are working with no codes. I drove a bit in each mode to confirm and there were no issues. My main concern was around Rock Crawl mode since I don’t have the Stabilizer Bar Disconnect. I selected it and it asked me to shift into neutral to allow the 4L shift to take place, I shifted to neutral and the Bronco went into 4L with no fuss. I drove straight up my driveway for a bit with no issues before switching back to normal mode.

As for the AHB, your suggestion is exactly what I have been doing 👍🏼. I was just hoping there was a way to change the engage and disengage set points. Thanks for your response and all of your assistance with this thread!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
SUCCESS:

Double Honk
Door Chime
Key Chime
Baja Mode

FAILURE:

Auto Stop Start (PSCM)
Seat Belts (IPC)

Could be user error and I’ll have to give these a shot again once the MX+ adapter works again. I’ve reached out to support but in case anyone else is familiar with the MX+, the Bluetooth connection is paired and connected but the adapter won’t connect to the vehicle. I’ve tried two laptops and same thing. Will update with proper diagnosis and solution, hopefully.

MAC USERS:

The Crossover app works great, it’s the solution linked on the Forscan page, and it’s easy to install.
For some reason ASS failed for me too. I think the IPC seat belt mode worked (have to throw a passenger in the passenger seat).

For what it's worth I am using the OBD Solutions LLC - Model EX101 auto switching USB to OBD-II cable (also called the OBDLink EX).

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For what it's worth I am using the OBD Solutions LLC - Model EX101 auto switching USB to OBD-II cable (also called the OBDLink EX).
Thanks, I think that’s what I’m going to get now. I was using the MX+ adapter from them, it’s the Bluetooth version, and it crapped out after maybe two hours of use. OBD is refunding and I’ll order one with a cable this time. I should’ve known Bluetooth was going to be crap.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks, I think that’s what I’m going to get now. I was using the MX+ adapter from them, it’s the Bluetooth version, and it crapped out after maybe two hours of use. OBD is refunding and I’ll order one with a cable this time. I should’ve known Bluetooth was going to be crap.
How did it crap out?

I have been having issued writing - but saw there was an update to Forscan (FORScan for Windows 2.3.17 Beta2 (Support IPC Module) - that I was hoping was my issue. Otherwise, I haven't had any problems with the Bluetooth version...

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How did it crap out?

I have been having issued writing - but saw there was an update to Forscan (FORScan for Windows 2.3.17 Beta2 (Support IPC Module) - that I was hoping was my issue. Otherwise, I haven't had any problems with the Bluetooth version...
That’s good to hear. This one was connected and paired between the laptop and adapter but the adapter couldn’t connect to the vehicle, after working fine for an hour or so. I disconnected the adapter and tried several times, even tried a second laptop (Mac) to make sure it was the adapter and still got the same result. The folks at OBD were great and I’ll just order another one probably with the cord this time.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Question for anyone without Lux package -- is the radar sensor in the bumper functional or decorative? I had a Chrysler rental with a fake radar sensor in the bumper...

What are the odds it's standard for collision avoidance, but a simple Forscan change + steering wheel control swap gives us adaptive cruise on non-Lux vehicles?

Even if all the wiring is present and you need to swap physical modules, it'd be a nice idea.

Looking up the wiring diagram, there's no qualifier for different equipment. If a CCM is present, it has four pins -- power, ground, and canbus.

----

While not Forscan related, I find it interesting the diagram mentions C162 / C152 as being fog lamps for plastic bumpers, while C1323/C1322 is fog lamps for steel bumpers. 2021 just had the two bumper options, right? Modular lacked fogs?

Last edited:

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious to know if all the leather wheels contain the heat element. If so, a new seat heat switch, a heated wheel switch and some programming might be all that is needed? Has anyone poked around at all on enabling heated wheel feature?

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These days, it is highly likely that some levels of wiring may be available. (ran same loom for all models, so whether all end. points are used is inconsequential), but at the same time it is highly unlikely that anything that requires intelligent chips is installed in a vehicle that is not optioned that way in the first place. Particularly so now that there is a chip shortage. Lux was an availability issue because of all the silicon it uses. You could easily get tow receivers, but the circuitry for the wiring was the gating factor on their availability, as an example.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Part numbers for leather wheels

Heated : M2DZ-3600-DA
W/O Heat : M2DZ-3600-CA
W/O Heat or Lane Assist : M2DZ-3600-BA

Well shit. There goes that theory. Thanks for the part numbers!

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure I'm following. The only additional silicon are in the CCM, garage door opener, and wireless accessory charging module. Oh and a couple extra USB ports/speakers.

Yes some harness differences too but otherwise a lot of the hardware is there on all Broncos. Hence the point of this thread. If anything, High uses just as much additional silicon hardware that Lux ends up using because of the 360 cameras and front sensors which adds a couple additional modules
I was agreeing with you ( I thought). I’ve seen people writing about modules (that have hardware components) they think are installed but not “on”. I’m saying wiring is likely present but if it was a unique device with dedicated silicon for the function it is not likely in “every” Bronco.
Sponsored