Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
PXL_20211213_000426568.jpg

PXL_20211213_000434114.jpg

You guys are the best. Seriously. So many warning dialogue boxes to make me anxious and I'm glad I'm not alone.

Excited to try this out when it isn't wet outside.
Sport mode works in 4A... It's fine for the wet.
Sponsored

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Double Honk be gone
and Sport Mode be on!

works well

(and updated on a Mac with Crossover app)

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-150 ECLB 5.8 4x4; 2006 F-250 CCSB 6.0 4x4;
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I plan on this over coffee in the AM. My plans were tonight, but the Manhattan decided otherwise. for me.:coffee:
Added all remaining G.O.A.T modes to Basesquatch, turned off double honk, and tried to extend Lane blink count, my values were completely different than the chart so I left it. Made backups and saved new changes. Worked very well.

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Added all remaining G.O.A.T modes to Basesquatch, turned off double honk, and tried to extend Lane blink count, my values were completely different than the chart so I left it. Made backups and saved new changes. Worked very well.
Thanks for the update. Doing my changes on 12/22. Hope it goes well.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've seen the audio/speaker upgrade threads... In the 6 speaker system, the head unit isn't allowing ING any low frequency audio to the rear pods....
Has a Forscan setting been found to address this?

Sponsored

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PXL_20211213_000426568.jpg

PXL_20211213_000434114.jpg

You guys are the best. Seriously. So many warning dialogue boxes to make me anxious and I'm glad I'm not alone.

Excited to try this out when it isn't wet outside.

Anyone else shit a brick when you went to write the new codes and the engine and doors all click and all the warnings pop up on the dash screen?
Yeah, the beeps. clicks and warning chimes when flashing updates are pretty common on various cars. Usually the program will clear any errors that are thrown from the flashing, but it is also good practice to run your own code scan and clear after the updates are done.

Superfrog13

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I made some progress today. I was able to get Stop & Go to work. So many tidbits to cross reference and modules communicate to verify those tidbits are correct. Anyways I’m far from writing up the changes as I want to prove it out but I’ve been amazed with how autonomous it behaves. Still no luck with Intelligent ACC as I think there is still a setting that’s conflicting somewhere. The final piece of the puzzle is Lane Centering.

So about that. Ford won’t allow TJA (Stop & Go) without Lane Centering. As far as I’m aware you can’t enable one without the other. So that means I’ve made all the progress needed for it but because these don’t have the button on the wheel it means that you need to use the Driver Assistance menu in the Sync 4 screen. F-150 has this setting and I’ve enabled it but I believe I incorrectly also enabled the toggle in the IPC which is what older models used to enable the setting I believe.

Long story short I’m getting closer. To adding Lane Centering

Also I’m very cautiously positive that I can get cameras to work while driving. I will tackle that after this is set.

No updates on TTA still need to cross reference some more to confirm settings.
Following this closely!

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, you have to spin it further to get to the additional modes. ;) No physical hardware changes needed.
LOL A little while after I asked that, I remembered that the rotary dial doesn't have physical notches for the particular settings, it's all electronic. This is absolutely awesome. Thanks for the info!!

cgguy68

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To understand how I was able to display the Ford Bronco Boot animation on my 2017 F150, there’s a few concepts I must explain first so that you grasp my motivation to get to this point, which has nothing to do with the Bronco.

It’s not difficult to comprehend that most (if not all) automotive manufactures will use the same ECU’s across multiple vehicles to reduce overhead in development costs. Example, the windows and mirror module found in a Ford Mustang, is the same as an F150, Lincoln MKX, Fusion and so on. Many of these modules are typically the same across a wide range of models or years. In many cases model specific features are just logical binary bits that are either flipped on and off. If a Ford Mustang owner can roll down their windows with a key fob but an F150 owner can’t; one would think there must be a way to turn on the feature? the same principle applies to auto folding mirrors upon ignition start, if a Lincoln can do it, why can’t other models? Well, this dilemma has been solved already in other Ford forms you may not be aware of.

Enter ForScan. In a nutshell it's a free software utility which emulates Ford’s in vehicle network communication protocol in such a way that anyone can purchase an MS / HS can compatible OBD II adapter online to read and edit hex values in the modules in their Ford, Lincoln or Mazda vehicle. While it’s tempting to affiliate-link one from Amazon, I won’t because most are terrible. Essentially, Ford owners have the power to enable or disable typically inaccessible features. ForScan is not the only program which can do this. Ford allows anyone to input a VIN at this MotoCraft Service website (select country, then refresh page) to generate a file containing expected stock programming values found in a vehicle's modules. A community member in the F150 Forums created this utility which allows users to take multiple Motocraft files and compare them against each other in a streamlined way, so that users can isolate feature sets to hexadecimal code variations when comparing two or more window stickers.

Example:
If a Super Deluxe Bronco has a built in espresso machine in the arm rest but a Soccer Mom Edition Bronco doesn't, you can compare the raw module data between the two VINs, isolate which bits enable said espresso machine. Then find a wrecked Bronco to pull said parts form and retrofit an unavailable feature into a any other trim level.

By using this method, Ford community members, specifically in this thread, have mapped out nearly all the modules in the 13 Gen F150 and other Ford vehicles by isolating which modules data controls which features. By isolating data between VINs, we are able to create a theory of what should happen, test it, confirm it, and then have proven configurations listed in this decoding sheet for others to use. This is the process I used to access the Bronco startup screen (more on that below), but it’s also a process you can use to uncover a large magnitude of other factory mods and transferable features. There's other ways to uncover what bits control what options as well such as monitoring before and after data sets when making changes with tuners, dealer tools, ect.

Example: last year before the 2019 F150 spec sheet was published, Ford teased the market by releasing a few photos of the Limited edition’s interior. Thanks to the fact Ford stitches the VIN to the center console on the limited edition, I took the VIN they published in photo's, downloaded the data from the MotoCraft site, compared it to known data from the same modules in other Ford vehicles and was the first person to conclude 2019 F150’s would not ship with a CD player. At the time Ford chose not to publish or blur out the center dash. While no CD player is not exactly click-bait news, you could adopt the same principals to pull specs from Ford and Lincoln Vehicles you see at auto shows, I certainly have, but only for personal reference.

My motivation to dig for new Sync 3.4 boot animations, was a just something I did to kill a few minutes one weekend afternoon. I enjoy testing features on my F150 which I assume exist (but aren't listed or enabled) based on what's in other vehicle profiles. This is how the Bronco animation was uncovered. I wrote this guide outlining how Ford owners can format older Sync 3 assemblies to install the newer Sync 3.4 user interface. Having previous experience programming stock Sync 3 themes and boot animations, in addition to knowing that the new Ford Explorer had a new boot animation not yet listed on the data sheet, led me to search for possible new content in this area. Previous hex data was known and mapped out at an address between 00 and 0E.

I had learned that the new Ford Explorer animation was addressed to 12(HEX) from an explorer owner. So my thought process was: If 00 to 0E is data we know, and 12 is the new Explorer content, what is located at 0F, 10, 11? there must be more, and sure enough there is. I messed around and tried experimental data and mapped out my findings, which just so happened to be one of the YouTube videos that got passed around here.

Using the same principles, a community member worked out how to add Sync Connect to any Ford vehicle and I wrote a tutorial on the subject here, which is where you'll also find the origins of the Bronco boot screen subject around post #212.

I laugh when I see most automotive ECU’s are labeled with the manufacturing sticker ‘dispose of if dropped’. Somewhere there must be a garbage bin full of perfectly good Bronco ECU’s you could theoretically connect a laptop, via a donor vehicle to pull every unlisted spec from, but... it's my first day.
How do you view the .ab file downloaded from the Ford site?

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious to know what I might have done wrong with the update for "blinking". Figured it might be nice to have the "5 blinks" instead of the standard 3 for lane change signaling, but it does not seem to be 'taking'. If I look at SCCM it shows "94" where it should be (xxxx 94xx xx--) but I still get 3 blinks - what am I doing wrong?

Aside from that, I updated my Badlands to include Sport mode, and that went great, and was even surprised that upon restart, it asked if I wanted to continue using "Sport", vs just going back to "Normal". Also was able to adjust the Panic clicks to "2" after setting it off while bending over to grab something from the floor while installing my Redline struts the other day.

Sponsored

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Double Honk be gone
and Sport Mode be on!

works well

(and updated on a Mac with Crossover app)
Can you explain the Mac and Crossover app? Which OBDII adapter did you go with?

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you explain the Mac and Crossover app? Which OBDII adapter did you go with?
I picked up the recommended OBDLinkEx adapter

Initially had issues with the Crossover/FORscan seeing the adapter

I did find help files that Crossover had to be granted permissions to use com/usb ports, then the adapter had to be mapped to a com port within the forscan bubble

after that worked fine

brilltastic

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does anyone know if we can change Ford's ridiculous programming of the air recirculation to keep it on?

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone know if we can change Ford's ridiculous programming of the air recirculation to keep it on?
Haven't seen a way to do it, other than adding a physical override switch. That mod will happen.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to wrap my head around a speedo correction...
At an indicated 100Km/h I'm actually doing 97...
I wanna a true reading, so do I wanna trick the Bronco to think I have smaller tires or bigger tires? Lol
A physically smaller tire would increase wheel rpm and correct the speedo discrepancy.
But telling the module I have smaller tires but I don't would....? Worsen the discrepancy?
🤷
Sponsored