Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco ForScan Thread Screenshot_2022-06-23-13-44-36-377
Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco ForScan Thread Screenshot_2022-06-23-13-44-15-594

This is what I recently purchased, but I still have to test it out. So don't jump on the grenade based on what I am doing.

350DGRZ

First Edition
First Name
Nilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is everyone backing up their as built values before making changes? Asking for a friend…

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is everyone backing up their as built values before making changes? Asking for a friend…
Yes, you should always back them up.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you analyze each and every line of code compared to what you saved prior to your appointment, *maybe*...but it's not likely to easily be identified otherwise without having the Ford-issued software.

Only reason I say this is the winch provisions are programmed through FDRS, like my accessory keypad was...and re-writing as-built data to BCM (which wouldn't have had the keypad at the time it left the factory) seems to have erased the programming.
Look for a free program called AsBuilt explorer. It lets you load and compare different asbuilt files and it will show which exact lines are different.
So you would download your original AsBuilt files from Motorcraft, then download your current AsBuilt and do a compare.

I’ve done it in the past with Mustang AsBuilt files to figure out programming changes versus different factory equipped options.

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cuts both ways... I hear there are advantages to the Forscan route, too. 🤷‍♂️

Mind if I ask which adapter you bought? It's been some time since I looked for one but at the time they were a bit much for the few things I would truly need it for.
I’m using:
Vgate vLinker FS OBD2 USB Adapter for FORScan HS/MS-CAN Auto Switch https://a.co/d/ifsA6UI

One of the ones linked to from forscan web page.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m using:
Vgate vLinker FS OBD2 USB Adapter for FORScan HS/MS-CAN Auto Switch https://a.co/d/ifsA6UI

One of the ones linked to from forscan web page.
I wasn't asking about his Forscan adapter but his more advanced program interface.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Checking here before I go out and waste my time:

I've not seen a specific reference to making the AUX switches always powered. I know we've made some progress with the 12v outlets, I might poke around in those modules to look for anything related to the upfitter switches, unless someone already has, successfully or not.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Checking here before I go out and waste my time:

I've not seen a specific reference to making the AUX switches always powered. I know we've made some progress with the 12v outlets, I might poke around in those modules to look for anything related to the upfitter switches, unless someone already has, successfully or not.
I recall someone figuring out how to make some of the switches always powered, I think it was 1&2 or 3-6. Either way, I believe it required small adjustments to the wiring or fuses. I seriously doubt that can be adjusted by FORScan.

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My Parking Brake indicator does not illuminate any more when activated, but does illuminate on initial startup/key on during the dash light test. Any ideas where I can re-enable this??

Sponsored

Buck₩ild

Black Diamond
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willys, Bronco BD, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi,

Does anyone know if the back up camera on standard package be modified to mimic the one from mid package?

As in currently, the grid stays static while a white line is dynamic as opposed to mid package where the back up cam has dynamic grid.

Is this doable and has someone done this?

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just tried FORScan on my Bronco for the first time, and ran into some issues - if anyone can provide suggestions:

1. In trying to delete the double-honk, I noticed that the required setting was already at "0", which is what the spreadsheet indicates needed changing to - retyping a "0" in that same location triggered a message when writing that no change has been detected.

BCM726-41-02xxx0xxxxxxxx

2. I went on to change the # of turn signal flashes, clicked on WRITE, with the blue bar moving to the right, indicating that it's being written. I then proceeded to make the change to delete the "doo, doo, doo" sound; both of these changes were in a different module (SCCM and IPC)... Finally, I disconnected FORScan, and turned off the ignition, and back on again to "cycle" - NONE of the changes stuck - turn signal still flashes 3 times, and the "doo, dooo, doo" sound remains. What did I do wrong?

Thanks for any comments.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep, that's the price point I was familiar with.
Wish there was a way to just rent one as needed.

This is what I recently purchased, but I still have to test it out. So don't jump on the grenade based on what I am doing.
BY THE WAY, I AM HAPPY TO REPORT THAT THIS WORKS WITH FDRS.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a very similarly-priced option heading my way...will give that a go and fall back to that VX if it doesn't work.

1. In trying to delete the double-honk, I noticed that the required setting was already at "0", which is what the spreadsheet indicates needed changing to - retyping a "0" in that same location triggered a message when writing that no change has been detected.

BCM726-41-02xxx0xxxxxxxx
What are the values present on your vehicle?

2. I went on to change the # of turn signal flashes, clicked on WRITE, with the blue bar moving to the right, indicating that it's being written. I then proceeded to make the change to delete the "doo, doo, doo" sound; both of these changes were in a different module (SCCM and IPC)... Finally, I disconnected FORScan, and turned off the ignition, and back on again to "cycle" - NONE of the changes stuck - turn signal still flashes 3 times, and the "doo, dooo, doo" sound remains. What did I do wrong?
If your description is accurate, you might not be following directions completely. The program should write, then tell you to cycle the ignition. Don't disconnect the cable from the vehicle or the computer - just cycle the ignition (I also open and close driver's door to help in the cycle, but might just be my paranoia talking). Don't click 'OK' until the vehicle is back running.

Last edited:

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a very similarly-priced option heading my way...will give that a go and fall back to that VX if it doesn't work.

What are the values present on your vehicle?
I'll check again and post here. Thanks for your response.
Sponsored