First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm looking at buying this OBD2 adapter, is there any discount code anyone knows of?

https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-ex/
If you think that you will ever need to use FDRS, buy this, and thank me later.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EFWPAN0

Yes, it's more expensive, but it works with FORSCAN and FDRS.

"Worth to own: Support J2534 protocol, this device actually works faster than Obdlink MX and ELM327 devices with Forscan, it also works with FJDS license for programming. This is a great alternative to buying an expensive VCM2 for programming modules"

Other VCM2 or J2534 devices are over $500, this is $119, I have used it with both FORSCAN and FDRS (as have others).

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

"Worth to own: Support J2534 protocol, this device actually works faster than Obdlink MX and ELM327 devices with Forscan, it also works with FJDS license for programming. This is a great alternative to buying an expensive VCM2 for programming modules"

Other VCM2 or J2534 devices are over $500, this is $119, I have used it with both FORSCAN and FDRS (as have others).
Good info, I'll look into FDRS before buying the OBDII connector. I don't think I'd need it for nearly $1,000, but it would be nice. I'm really happy that it is available to the public, and some of me thinks I should buy it immediately before they change their mind and pull it from the public. However, with connectivity these days, if they decide the public should not have this tool, they will disable it so I don't think I'd buy it just to have it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good info, I'll look into FDRS before buying the OBDII connector. I don't think I'd need it for nearly $1,000, but it would be nice. I'm really happy that it is available to the public, and some of me thinks I should buy it immediately before they change their mind and pull it from the public. However, with connectivity these days, if they decide the public should not have this tool, they will disable it so I don't think I'd buy it just to have it.
2 day FDRS licenses are $50. It's invaluable when you need it and you don't have to commit $1,000 to the license.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 day FDRS licenses are $50. It's invaluable when you need it and you don't have to commit $1,000 to the license.

Thanks again, I didn't know that. I was thinking I might just go with the cheaper option for now, and if I ever wanted to spend $1,000 for FDRS I'd buy the more expensive OBDII, but knowing about the 2 day license, I might go with the OBDII that you recommended.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

What's an example of when you would have to use FDRS that couldn't be done with Forscan? This is new to me - and I would have went this route if I had realized.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What's an example of when you would have to use FDRS that couldn't be done with Forscan? This is new to me - and I would have went this route if I had realized.
When your OTA updates don't work and you want to update modules.

Adding the modules that may be "missing" like the sound bar, HOSS 3.0 steering rack, or if your OTA updates are not working. I just updated from 21145 rev 146 to 22087 rev 415 on the Sync system.

There are things like doing camera or radar calibration, so when you add accessories that move sensors, you can recalibrate them.

It has a lot of functionality... It also allows you to do some things that you cannot do any other way (example HOSS 3.0 steering rack programming, recalibrating sensors, or reprogramming replacement modules).

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dang. Interesting.

I feel an OTA update screwed up some of my Forscan settings at one point. I have been meaning to see if I can reset them. (Double Honk, Powerpoint Timeout). Luckily I don't have any of those fancy sensors or anything. But, that seems like it could come in handy. Thanks for the tips.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dang. Interesting.

I feel an OTA update screwed up some of my Forscan settings at one point. I have been meaning to see if I can reset them. (Double Honk, Powerpoint Timeout). Luckily I don't have any of those fancy sensors or anything. But, that seems like it could come in handy. Thanks for the tips.

Same here, so I have that to do now.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same here, so I have that to do now.
Ah, good to know I’m not the only one. And, sorry it wasn’t the double honk - but, the “key in ignition chime” - drives me bananas. 🍌

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ah, good to know I’m not the only one. And, sorry it wasn’t the double honk - but, the “key in ignition chime” - drives me bananas. 🍌
I lost Bambi mode and I am unsure what else. I will just compare and contrast with my previous save.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I finally got around to this. I have a Forscan adapter from years ago I used on my Mountaineer. I backed all of the as-built files, then proceeded to give this a shot.

I was able to disable the double honk and auto headlamps (and I believe the ASS, but haven't driven it yet). When I went to get rid of the seatbelt reminder and door chime, it said security access failed. I cannot remember if I saw the fix to this in this thread, but could someone shed some light here?

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Kinda glad I disabled the OTA updates...my bronco was fine when I bought it and I doubt I've missed anything important. The whole radar recalibration thing with FDRS is definitely something I'd like to experiment with, as I'm pretty unhappy with the ACC minimum distance. Wonder if there's a workaround with the zone lighting speed limit using FDRS too?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Kinda glad I disabled the OTA updates...my bronco was fine when I bought it and I doubt I've missed anything important. The whole radar recalibration thing with FDRS is definitely something I'd like to experiment with, as I'm pretty unhappy with the ACC minimum distance. Wonder if there's a workaround with the zone lighting speed limit using FDRS too?
That’s a good call. I wish I could change it to 20 MPH for our dark windy road. Bajas come in handy - but, I’m not driving 30+ for the auto highs.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Unfortunately the ACC distance cannot be changed whether you redo the recalibration or not. It’s just a set value. I’m not happy about it either to be honest.

FDRS has a very few irrelevant programmable parameters unlike forscan where you can change a lot, so the zone lighting idea is out the door also.
Sponsored