First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm in the middle of installing a hardwired 10A NOCO charger/maintainer in mine, along with an external plug adapter that also powers the block heater. Might be a good idea if you're going to bypass the battery protection, better than popping the hood open every time you park.
How'd this go for you? I checked Marketplace and somebody just happened to have the 10A (non-pro) model for $50. I'm thinking of using high-strength Velcro and mounting it to the top of the fusebox, tucked under the fender a bit. Definitely close to the hood, gonna try charging an old battery in the basement to see how warm the unit gets

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How'd this go for you? I checked Marketplace and somebody just happened to have the 10A (non-pro) model for $50. I'm thinking of using high-strength Velcro and mounting it to the top of the fusebox, tucked under the fender a bit. Definitely close to the hood, gonna try charging an old battery in the basement to see how warm the unit gets
I mounted mine with an unused steel bracket from a bumper kit between the radiator and airbox, it's a one-off installation. The setup works great in all regards, and the plug being on the bumper takes all the hassle out of hooking up a trickle charger. I used the block heater for one night just to make sure everything was good, and then disconnected it (there's really no need for it where I live most days).

I don't know if the velcro would work for you though, if the charger is the same weight as mine. It's fairly heavy for what it is, the velcro itself would probably hold but the adhesive might get a little gooey with high temps under the hood. Usually you end up with a skid mark of adhesive as it slowly slides across whatever you stuck it to. I'd consider a few zipties somewhere at least.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I mounted mine with an unused steel bracket from a bumper kit between the radiator and airbox

I don't know if the velcro would work for you though, if the charger is the same weight as mine. I'd consider a few zipties somewhere at least.
Yeah, still weighing my options. Didn't even look at the passenger side yet since it'll be plugged in from drivers side. On top of the fusebox seemed like the most open area, I'll have to look by the airbox. I was certainly surprised with the size, much bigger than the 1.5amp I have in my Flex.

I was always planning on backup zipties, but maybe I'll have to fab up something using random chunks of metal I have laying around. That or have the guys at work weld me something out of stainless steel.

Might put a male end mounted somewhere in the bumper, too. Most important thing is to tether the extension cord in some way that my wife can't forget to unplug it -- cut the cord short enough that she can't walk to the door without unplugging it like a velvet rope

Last edited:

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, still weighing my options. Didn't even look at the passenger side yet since it'll be plugged in from drivers side. On top of the fusebox seemed like the most open area, I'll have to look by the airbox. I was certainly surprised with the size, much bigger than the 1.5amp I have in my Flex.

I was always planning on backup zipties, but maybe I'll have to fab up something using random chunks of metal I have laying around. That or have the guys at work weld me something out of stainless steel.

Might put a male end mounted somewhere in the bumper, too. Most important thing is to tether the extension cord in some way that my wife can't forget to unplug it -- cut the cord short enough that she can't walk to the door without unplugging it like a velvet rope
The leads were pretty long and I figured rather than coiling them up I'd use all that length. I paid for it all, I'm gonna use it all LOL I also have hood lift struts, so that really cuts down on the places I could put it, otherwise I would've stuffed it into the fender area.

I drilled a hole in the bumper for the NOCO adapter, it looks like it was meant to be there. I hook the extension cord on the garage so that I have a visual to let me know if it's plugged in or not, but I like your idea better.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone been able to change the zone lighting (side mirror lights) to stay on over 5mph? These would be great additional ditch lighting.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone been able to change the zone lighting (side mirror lights) to stay on over 5mph? These would be great additional ditch lighting.
Welcome to the club of no resolve 🤷‍♂️
At this point I think it's probably going to be easier to disconnect the OEM switch/power supply and use the switches as a trigger for a separate relay instead. You might lose the ability to control zone lighting from the display or remotely though. What I don't know is how much voltage and current they'd be able to support, as it appears from the wiring schematic that they only ground a signal wire. That could mean they support 1A@12V or it could mean they can only handle 5V/100mA. Will keep digging around to see what kind of info I can find.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the club of no resolve 🤷‍♂️
At this point I think it's probably going to be easier to disconnect the OEM switch/power supply and use the switches as a trigger for a separate relay instead. You might lose the ability to control zone lighting from the display or remotely though. What I don't know is how much voltage and current they'd be able to support, as it appears from the wiring schematic that they only ground a signal wire. That could mean they support 1A@12V or it could mean they can only handle 5V/100mA. Will keep digging around to see what kind of info I can find.

Thank you for the reply! I just think that would be a cool feature to have them on at higher speeds when driving on the trail. It's like completely sideways ditch lights.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for the reply! I just think that would be a cool feature to have them on at higher speeds when driving on the trail. It's like completely sideways ditch lights.
I know, it would be a fantastic feature to have and I probably wouldn't be buying Oracle's mirror lights if I could use them for what I wanted. Somewhere in there is a way to change that programming, but it's way beyond my ability.

willettj

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry if this question is covered somewhere but I tried using the advanced search to target this forum and didn't get a hit. Has anyone found the ForScan edit that will disable the chime for the "Check Rear Seats" everytime you shut off the vehicle?

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry if this question is covered somewhere but I tried using the advanced search to target this forum and didn't get a hit. Has anyone found the ForScan edit that will disable the chime for the "Check Rear Seats" everytime you shut off the vehicle?
That’s just found in normal settings.. no need for Forscan to turn that off. Should be “settings“, “Vehicle” “Rear Occupant alert -off“ if I remember correctly. I also believe I read in the manual or somewhere that it has to be deselected every 6 months or something like that.

willettj

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was playing around in ForScan while turning on my fogs and saw the tilt mirrors in reverse option.. I enabled that but it didn't work.. do I need to find another line to edit or does this just not work in the Bronco?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Was playing around in ForScan while turning on my fogs and saw the tilt mirrors in reverse option.. I enabled that but it didn't work.. do I need to find another line to edit or does this just not work in the Bronco?
Doubt that feature will work considering the bronco doesn’t have memory mirrors.
Sponsored