Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is my #1 hope for Forscan with the Bronco. As far as I know, there is no hardware limitation (or rational reason) Badlands shouldn't be able to have Sport.
I've seen that people were able to enable other drive modes on their Mustang with this, so I'm hoping it will be possible with the Bronco as well.
Ditto! I would love to swap ECO for Sport mode, and keep the Rock Crawl :)
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am new to the Ford ecoSystem (or will be soon) and first off, thank you for all of your work. Because I am new, my comparison will be to what I know...is this similar to ‘BimmerCode’? When I purchased my M2, there was a forum about plugging a device into the OBDII and using the app BimmerCode to increase RDLs, move mirrors, remote start, etc. it’s been amazing (and I’m so glad there are people smarter than me out there who can do this!). Curious if it is similar...if so, would it be worthwhile to create/edit a similar app? I happily paid for this ability and figured your hard work should be appreciated.

thanks again, and look forward to getting the most out of my bronco!!
Yes. Like Bimmercode.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I simply want to disable all the annoying "Nanny Chimes" and the dreaded double-honk. Also disable auto-lock if they have managed to incorporate that into the stick shift.

Start/Stop won't be that bad on the manual, as I almost never idle in neutral.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell me I'm not the only one that read that thread title differently on first glance... Then was disappointed. 😔

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell me I'm not the only one that read that thread title differently on first glance... Then was disappointed. 😔
So you thought it was about Fortran and got all misty eyed about those good old programming days? :LOL:

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you thought it was about Fortran and got all misty eyed about those good old programming days? :LOL:
Ummm... Yeaaaah. That's what I thought. Nailed it. Lol 😯😉

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Start/Stop won't be that bad on the manual, as I almost never idle in neutral.
Hopefully a dumb, maybe already-answered, question: does start/stop engage if you're _rolling/coasting_ in neutral?

I prefer changing brake pads more often to prolong clutch life and so generally avoid downshifting when coming to a stop...maybe I'm doing it wrong...but if start/stop gets in that mix it will be irritating...

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be looking to enable "one pedal" on a Badlands 2.3/auto. I assume I'd have to change out the GOAT selector as there's a hard button in the middle to enable it. Only because I don't have it in my build, and only if it's relatively easy to swap the selector. :)

stretchf100

Badlands
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bronco sport, 2016 f150, 1963 fairlane wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone figure out how to unlock the Remote start after purchasing the key fob with the remote start button. Can get my badlands to acknowledge the key fob but will only remote start it with the key in the cubby and won't lock or unlock the doors. I know I can start it with my phone but its annoying when the baby is angry and I have my keys in my hand. I did get an actual ford fob.

Sponsored

Steelbama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma/2015 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully a dumb, maybe already-answered, question: does start/stop engage if you're _rolling/coasting_ in neutral?

I prefer changing brake pads more often to prolong clutch life and so generally avoid downshifting when coming to a stop...maybe I'm doing it wrong...but if start/stop gets in that mix it will be irritating...
This might be an answer for the start stop annoyance.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

OP
OP
Airborne_Ape

Airborne_Ape

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I replied to a PM but wanted to repost it here for everyone else. If the new 6G Bronco has the same BCM as the new F150's, you guys have a huge advantage because enabling / disabling many vehicle features have already been mapped out and tested on the F150 forums.

My reply to a recent PM:

"You'll just have to wait like the rest of us. ForScan devs usually release updates every few months.

I wouldn't use the easy text based GUI for any Ford, especially a new model, unless if you are intentionally reverse mapping the software with it. The danger is that the options in the text GUI of ForScan can (and have in the past) unintentionally set incorrect as built values resulting in features being enabled / disabled without an owner's understanding. When changing the as built directly, Bronco owners working together in these forums and with various software utilities, have control to isolate exactly what bits control which functions.

It's likely that the chunky Bronco shares the many of the same modules as the 2021 F150, so I'd bet most of the work done on the F150's to date applies directly to you. Look at the data that's been mapped out for the 2021 F150 and see how it compares to your ride. Link below.

With last gen, the BCM in the: Fusion, Edge, Mustang, F150, Super Duty, Mondeo, Transit were all the same, so a few of us float around a bunch of different Ford forums even though we don't own those models. The APIM is the same in every Ford which is why it's visible for Bronco owners now. It's up to first gen Bronco owners to figure out which modules are shared across Ford's lineup. Ford doesn't make separate PCB's for each vehicle, the R&D costs would be astronomical, it's the same reason why we all have the same headlight switch.

It wouldn't surprise me if the smaller Bronco shares some or most of the same modules as the Explorer, Ranger, MKX, Aviator, but I haven't looked into any of those.

Read this:

https://www.f150forum.com/f129/forscan-14th-gen-f150s-481816/#post6669208

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

It's always being updated and where 6G Bronco owners will probably find the most relevant up to date info on the subject".

Last edited:
OP
OP
Airborne_Ape

Airborne_Ape

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

In ForScan you can monitor all the PID's that make up the algorithm for Auto Stop Start. There's dozens of conditions which must be met for the auto stop start system to engage: battery charge level, engine temperature, fuel level, steering wheel angle, coolant temperature, ect... It's possible coasting in neutral is one function that can be edited, but it will be on new stick-shift Ford owners to test it.

As an example:

In my 2021 F150 I changed the settings in the steering column control module so that the auto stop start function retrieves no data from it. By blocking one PID, it effectively silently kills the feature. This generates no errors and can easily be reversed.

730-03-01 xxxx xxxx x*--
1 = Auto atop start will not occur when the steering wheel is turned. (default).
0 = Auto stop start will not occur at all.
2 = Auto stop start will occur when the steering wheel is turned any angle and all other conditions are met.

Your Bronco may be the same, but I haven't even seen any Bronco systems yet.

OP
OP
Airborne_Ape

Airborne_Ape

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone figure out how to unlock the Remote start after purchasing the key fob with the remote start button. Can get my badlands to acknowledge the key fob but will only remote start it with the key in the cubby and won't lock or unlock the doors. I know I can start it with my phone but its annoying when the baby is angry and I have my keys in my hand. I did get an actual ford fob.
You will likely need to toggle remote start parameters on in the IPC and BCM. If your Bronco has the same modules as my truck this can be worked out quickly. We may all have to wait for a ForScan update; these vehicles are too new.

OP
OP
Airborne_Ape

Airborne_Ape

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you get a VIN number for a new Bronco, we can download the data profile for that VIN using this MotoCraft website:

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Once we have a data profile for a few Broncos, that data can be compared against the 2021 F150 using this utility.

http://compulsivecode.com/Project_AsBuiltCompare.aspx

This will teach you which modules you can copy and paste known F150 parameters from. You can also use data profiles of two different Broncos to isolate differences between select features.
Sponsored