First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I have a question for you Forscan experts. I am considering Forscan for the following three changes. I know that we will be able to change the behavior of the first item on my list (Auto Start and Stop) but do you think the other two are possible?
  1. Disable Auto Start Stop (or change it so that it saves your setting between starts).
  2. Allow sway bar disconnect to work in 2-wheel drive and 4-auto.
  3. Turn on dash indicator that shows what gear the auto transmission is in.
Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

Last edited:

LagoCJ

Raptor
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRaptor and GMC Canyon AT4X
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey folks...just got done doing some programming and wanted to share my outcome.

I am using a Surface Laptop, Win10, OBDLink MX+ (Bluetooth) and Forscan 2.3.42. NOTE: I tried to use another laptop that has Win11 on it and it would not work at all. Thank goodness I had a machine that had not been upgraded yet. Avoid Win11

Before I started, I pulled down the 'as built' config from Ford, using my VIN to have as backup.

Connection to the MX+ was super easy as long as you follow the step by step, carefully. Start the car FIRST, then plug in the OBDLink, then pair with the computer.

Being paranoid, I saved a full config in Forscan before starting the programming.

I used the F150 spreadsheet mentioned in this thread and changed the following (all successful)
Disable Double Horn Honk (THANK YOU!!!!)
Disable seatbelt reminder
Disable door ajar chime (still chimes once...but not endlessly)
Disable key-in ignition chime
Set Remote Window Open/Close in Sync 4

The only setting that seems not to have worked is
Enable Keypad Code in Sync (doesn't recognize the factory code). Going to look into this one and see if something else works, or go back to As Built.

Thanks to all who have dug into the Bronco programming. Looks like most of the F150 codes work just fine.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey folks...just got done doing some programming and wanted to share my outcome.

I am using a Surface Laptop, Win10, OBDLink MX+ (Bluetooth) and Forscan 2.3.42. NOTE: I tried to use another laptop that has Win11 on it and it would not work at all. Thank goodness I had a machine that had not been upgraded yet. Avoid Win11

Before I started, I pulled down the 'as built' config from Ford, using my VIN to have as backup.

Connection to the MX+ was super easy as long as you follow the step by step, carefully. Start the car FIRST, then plug in the OBDLink, then pair with the computer.

Being paranoid, I saved a full config in Forscan before starting the programming.

I used the F150 spreadsheet mentioned in this thread and changed the following (all successful)

Enable Keypad Code in Sync (doesn't recognize the factory code). Going to look into this one and see if something else works, or go back to As Built.

Thanks to all who have dug into the Bronco programming. Looks like most of the F150 codes work just fine.
What's the window thing in Sync 4??
Is this just global Windows with the keyfob?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

If you can find someone who has a similar build with the keypad enabled, you might be able to sanity check the keypad code enable. Do you have any similar models with an enabled keypad?

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been digging around in ForScan too. I used it quite a bit on my last F250. I can’t seem to find the settings for the rear channel in the ACM. Would love to turn on JBL soundbar mode to eliminate the bass roll off to the rear channels so I can put in my wake board speakers.

I watched how you do it with the Ford IDS software and it’s a bit of a process so may not be something that is ForScan compatible.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you can find someone who has a similar build with the keypad enabled, you might be able to sanity check the keypad code enable. Do you have any similar models with an enabled keypad?
You won't be able to enable the keypad code on the Bronco using the F-150 spreadsheet. The F-150 uses a wired keypad and the factory/owners entry code for it is stored in the BCM (BdyCM in ForScan). The Bronco one is wireless and the code is stored in the keypad itself.

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You won't be able to enable the keypad code on the Bronco using the F-150 spreadsheet. The F-150 uses a wired keypad and the factory/owners entry code for it is stored in the BCM (BdyCM in ForScan). The Bronco one is wireless and the code is stored in the keypad itself.
I ordered 2 of these and a dealership and Ford Engineer could not even get it working using all of Fords tools.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was speaking of AsBuilt data from Broncos with the keypad versus similar ones without.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bronco keypad is programmed in like a keyfob. That won't show up in any of the AsBuilt fields.
Ahhh.... that makes a lot more sense. So you need a fully enabled copy of FORSCAN for that, IIRC. If it can even be done with FORSCAN.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ahhh.... that makes a lot more sense. So you need a fully enabled copy of FORSCAN for that, IIRC. If it can even be done with FORSCAN.
As far as I know, you need FDRS to program a new keypad into the Bronco. In the box with the keypad is a very long code that is used to add the keypad to the BCM.

IDS doesn't work with the Bronco and ForScan hasn't added this capability yet.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been digging around in ForScan too. I used it quite a bit on my last F250. I can’t seem to find the settings for the rear channel in the ACM. Would love to turn on JBL soundbar mode to eliminate the bass roll off to the rear channels so I can put in my wake board speakers.

I watched how you do it with the Ford IDS software and it’s a bit of a process so may not be something that is ForScan compatible.

was looking for this as well but didn't have any luck
Sponsored