Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still too low in my opinion
Regardless of GVWR and regardless of power (I know it sounds crazy) the tow rating will always be low because true off road vehicles such as the Bronco and Wrangler have soft suspension. It will sag under have load and eventually be ruined. Its the very same reason that plowing snow with a jeep wrangler is absolutely stupid.

Soft suspension
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Regardless of GVWR and regardless of power (I know it sounds crazy) the tow rating will always be low because true off road vehicles such as the Bronco and Wrangler have soft suspension. It will sag under have load and eventually be ruined. Its the very same reason that plowing snow with a jeep wrangler is absolutely stupid.

Soft suspension
I have heard that convertible vehicles are also limited. I don’t know if this is true or not but I’ve seen it mentioned in a few different places. Might be fudd lore but it makes sense.

BattleBornBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is the Base or BB with MT and 4.46 gears is going to be the best payload option. Towing I would guess the same for GCWR purposes, but I don't think I'd want the 2.3 or MT for near max towing.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A 2WD Tacoma TRD can tow 6500 lbs !! Ford Ranger??

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

soo now we now the diff between 2.3 and 2.7 weight. 240# basically an additional adult. These specs are super razor thin! In perspective, my 19 F150 has a payload of 1881.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The *print on the truck also specified 3500lb limit when bumper pulling a trailer w/o loaded cargo in the truck. They are consistent.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Soft suspension
I completely get that and have gone through this quite a bit in the towing forum, but I easily would be willing to compromise some articulation and suspension travel for a max tow package if it could hit 4,500 to 5,000 range in a heartbeat.

I find it interesting a 2 door Bronco can tow as much as a 4 door Wrangler (there goes the wheelbase theory). On the same token, a Jeep gladiator built off the Wrangler platform can tow 7,000 lbs in the rubicon trim. I expected the Bronco to beat Wrangler at their own game and up the towing capacity as well considering it was built off of the Ranger.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Isnt this good news? Everyone was thinking the GVWR was like 7,000 lbs to match the wrangler class. People were freaking out on whether they could even load up the cargo hold and add a roof box for a family of four on a badlands.
Your data on the Jeep Wrangler GVWR is a bit off.....it’s not 7,000 lbs......it’s more like 5,300 lbs based on a curb weight of 4,167 lbs

LuckyDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo Black Label MKX, Harley Davidson StreetBob
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I found the 2021 Ford Towing guide linked in the f150Gen14 forum and it has a page for the Bronco with some info I haven't see before.

Sorry it's been posted already, but I did search and couldn't find a reference to the guide or GCWR specs.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/towing-capacity-of-2021-f150.33/post-8469

Page 35 from this guide 2021 Ford RV & Trailer Towing Guide has the Bronco and Bronco Sport is on 37.

1607789465192.png

1607789506070.png
that's the same towing capacity of my MKX with the 2.7 & it's practically a Ford Fusion Chassis

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMPRESSIVE! .... why does the Bronco with the same engine and same trany dip down to 3500 lbs?!
Wheelbase and suspension. The sae towing standards that they adhere to are tested with the lowest numerically geared truck. I would assume all the testing is not done being they all have the same rating and the way the process has gone since July. If it were to change it wouldn’t be until a mid cycle refresh.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on this...figure 4dr BL, 2.7, hardtop, lux will be around 5300lb curb weight and with my 3,395lb offroad camper, 2 adults (300lb total), 2 dogs (140lb total), I’ll be 295lbs over the GVWR. Complete BS. It states max tow rating is with driver/passenger both weighing 150lbs and varies based on configuration.

So I want to know what 4dr trim with the 2.7 gets you that max 3,500 towing, because the way I see it is if the 4dr BL w/ 2.7 comes in at lets say 5200lb curb weight with soft top and standard package, add driver/passenger 300lbs, that takes you to 5500lbs and tow rating of only 3,340lbs.
2 Adults-300lbs? Yeah, if they're 18! I haven't weighed 150 since I was 19 or so, and I'm average build now. These numbers are for lawyers and nothing else. That'll go in the circular file as soon as I drive it off the lot.
Sponsored