Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Via Motor1

Ford To Goodyear: Get 'Wrangler' Off The Bronco's Tires

July 15, 2020

Automakers are like politicians – they're loathe to acknowledge a rival. Instead, other brands and their products are “the competition,” or something similar. But in developing the 2021 Ford Bronco to beat the snot out of the Jeep Wrangler, the Blue Oval ran into an issue: one of the most popular off-road tires on the market is the Goodyear… Wrangler. Oh dear.

It just wouldn't do for Ford's most significant new product in years to feature its arch-rival's name five separate times on the exterior. After all, how silly would a Mustang look with “Camaro” all over it, or an F-150 with multiple “Ram” logos? Exactly. And that's why when the new Bronco arrives in Spring 2021, it will do so with special Goodyear tires that lack the typical Wrangler badging. But not entirely.

As we said, the Goodyear Wrangler is an extremely popular off-road tire, so while the name won't be outwardly visible on the Bronco, according to Ford, there still needs to be small Wrangler markings on the inside of the tire.

Ford confirmed this to Motor1.com, with spokesman Sam Schembari saying, “[The Wrangler name] will be removed from the Goodyear's side wall on the outboard side. Bronco Customers will not see it unless their tires are off the vehicle and the inboard side is visible.”

Why not strip the word off entirely? According to Schembari, it's because the Wrangler name is “still part of [Goodyear's] aftermarket branding.”
Sponsored

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So they won't be there until you have to replace your tires. Unless Goodyear will be making 2 sets of Wranglers to send to tire shops
Yeah, something tells me we will only be able to get the special Bronco tires from a dealer's parts counter for a special price...

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So that explains the "Goodyear', "Goodyear" sidewalls versus "Goodyear Wrangler" on the the pics of the soft top Bronco tires.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, something tells me we will only be able to get the special Bronco tires from a dealer's parts counter for a special price...
Actually if they do like Pirelli you can get em through Tire Rack. The special compound Pirelli P Zeroes that come factory on my Veloster N are in stock at Tire Rack and arent that terribly priced even though its a awful tire.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Actually if they do like Pirelli you can get em through Tire Rack. The special compound Pirelli P Zeroes that come factory on my Veloster N are in stock at Tire Rack and arent that terribly priced even though its a awful tire.
Interesting. Are those tires engineered and exclusively used for the Veloster? Cause if they are maybe there's some hope after all!

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. Are those tires engineered and exclusively used for the Veloster? Cause if they are maybe there's some hope after all!
Yes, they are Pirelli P Zeroes but they have a unique tread pattern and have HN (Hyundai N) molded on the sidewall. If you look on Tire Rack or Discount Tire there are multiple tires that are brand, car, and wheel corner specific. Michelins and Pirellis for Ferrari, Porsche, AMG etc

Deleted member 3063

I would never buy wranglers as a replacement, in fact I have a angle grinder for the inside lettering.
Or, maybe a hot wood chisel to take off the Wr letters.