First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hoping that the BFGs listed in the documentation for the Badlands is correct and stays that way.

Badlands Antimatter Blue/Roast/High package 2DR, 2.3/7SPD, lockers and 33" ATKO2s instead of 35" MTs is kind of right around what I wanted.

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hoping that the BFGs listed in the documentation for the Badlands is correct and stays that way.

Badlands Antimatter Blue/Roast/High package 2DR, 2.3/7SPD, lockers and 33" ATKO2s instead of 35" MTs is kind of right around what I wanted.
Sounds like ordering for the wife at Starbucks. I see I’m gonna need her help when the time comes. I mean, when I have to stop mid order and take breath, I wonder, can this process be simpler. F it, I’m gonna walk in there and just order a Bronco R.

Last edited:

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will the Goodyear Wrangler Territory be available for purchase in the states. Appears to be a Canadian Tire only.

Sponsored

Toolman1960

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 Lariet FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Via Motor1

Ford To Goodyear: Get 'Wrangler' Off The Bronco's Tires

July 15, 2020

Automakers are like politicians – they're loathe to acknowledge a rival. Instead, other brands and their products are “the competition,” or something similar. But in developing the 2021 Ford Bronco to beat the snot out of the Jeep Wrangler, the Blue Oval ran into an issue: one of the most popular off-road tires on the market is the Goodyear… Wrangler. Oh dear.

It just wouldn't do for Ford's most significant new product in years to feature its arch-rival's name five separate times on the exterior. After all, how silly would a Mustang look with “Camaro” all over it, or an F-150 with multiple “Ram” logos? Exactly. And that's why when the new Bronco arrives in Spring 2021, it will do so with special Goodyear tires that lack the typical Wrangler badging. But not entirely.

As we said, the Goodyear Wrangler is an extremely popular off-road tire, so while the name won't be outwardly visible on the Bronco, according to Ford, there still needs to be small Wrangler markings on the inside of the tire.

Ford confirmed this to Motor1.com, with spokesman Sam Schembari saying, “[The Wrangler name] will be removed from the Goodyear's side wall on the outboard side. Bronco Customers will not see it unless their tires are off the vehicle and the inboard side is visible.”

Why not strip the word off entirely? According to Schembari, it's because the Wrangler name is “still part of [Goodyear's] aftermarket branding.”
Cool story but I would like to see an option for a BFG All Terrain K02 tire with the Sasquatch package. The OEM Raptor tires are already in Fords offering, why not add them? I want the Sasquatch package but don't want to live everyday with a mud terrain tire. It's crazy, no matter how you're going to use your truck it will spend most of it's time on public roads we should have a choice, very disappointed in Ford for not offering an All Terrain option on the Sasquatch! We should have a choice like the 33" tires do! Anyone else feel this way? How do we start a petition?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool story but I would like to see an option for a BFG All Terrain K02 tire with the Sasquatch package. The OEM Raptor tires are already in Fords offering, why not add them? I want the Sasquatch package but don't want to live everyday with a mud terrain tire. It's crazy, no matter how you're going to use your truck it will spend most of it's time on public roads we should have a choice, very disappointed in Ford for not offering an All Terrain option on the Sasquatch! We should have a choice like the 33" tires do! Anyone else feel this way? How do we start a petition?
Yeah, I want to end up with 35" A/Ts. Although, the Terrain M/T is not super aggressive and my be okay, with no reviews, it's hard to say. They should offer an AT as an option.

CinchDoug

Wildtrak
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, I want to end up with 35" A/Ts. Although, the Terrain M/T is not super aggressive and my be okay, with no reviews, it's hard to say. They should offer an AT as an option.
Completely agree especially if you live where there's snow - A/T is much better in snow. For the price of the Sasquatch package - it would be a shame if there wasn't an option between M/T and A/T.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The question is going to be. Is these tires only going to be for sale at Ford dealerships (Im thinking yet)? And how much more do you think these will cost over ones that say Wrangler?

Sponsored

Elvis

Badlands
First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Truck (don't hate me)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Certainly can’t have “Wrangler” on a Bronco!

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just petty stuff that makes the bronco cost more than it has to

Is the Goodyear Wrangler an epic highly rated tire?
There's plenty of other brands of tires out there

Am I alone or do the two Goodyear logos look not quite 180 degrees apart from each other. It's not drastic but they don't look even

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Goodyear Wrangler Territory is covered with a little detail here.

- Per Goodyear MT is Max Traction, not Mud Terrain ( Driving home the point that this tire is more versatile than traditional Mud terrain).

- Mountain Snowflake ( Severe Snow Rating) testing is still in progress, It has not been given that rating- yet, at least until testing is done.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will end up with Toyo MTs on my truck asap. I like them much better than nay goodyears I have ever owned.
Agree, I use the Toyo M143 245/70R 19.5 on my RV, damn good tires!
Sponsored