David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thank you for taking the time to produce the table. It confirmed my feeling that if towing capacity is important to you, Base, BB and mayne OB shall be considered and combination of AT and 2.7 is taking a bit from towing capacity.
Sponsored

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why is the towing capacity so low at 3,500lbs for the 2.7 Ecoboost? The same engine has a capacity of around 10k lbs in the F150. 3500lbs towing is incredibly low and could be a dealbreaker for me.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you for taking the time to produce the table. It confirmed my feeling that if towing capacity is important to you, Base, BB and mayne OB shall be considered and combination of AT and 2.7 is taking a bit from towing capacity.
I agree and am likely switching from BD to a mildly optioned BB for that very reason.
Why is the towing capacity so low at 3,500lbs for the 2.7 Ecoboost? The same engine has a capacity of around 10k lbs in the F150. 3500lbs towing is incredibly low and could be a dealbreaker for me.
Yes it is very low - some say ludicrously so - but it has nothing to do with the engine, since even the 2.3 is capable of towing 7500lbs in the Ranger. There are many components of the Bronco that likely factor in somewhat to the low rating, but the biggest will be the combination of the suspension setup (soft coilovers and no rear swaybar) and the relativy short wheelbase. At this time it's rated for the max rating of the Class II hitch reciever offered with the tow package, but as my table shows even the GCWR as per SAE J2807 suggests that it's likely capaable of more even with its current suspension.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree and am likely switching from BD to a mildly optioned BB for that very reason.

Yes it is very low - some say ludicrously so - but it has nothing to do with the engine, since even the 2.3 is capable of towing 7500lbs in the Ranger. There are many components of the Bronco that likely factor in somewhat to the low rating, but the biggest will be the combination of the suspension setup (soft coilovers and no rear swaybar) and the relativy short wheelbase. At this time it's rated for the max rating of the Class II hitch reciever offered with the tow package, but as my table shows even the GCWR as per SAE J2807 suggests that it's likely capaable of more even with its current suspension.
I think your point out on the GCWR being the same for the 2 and 4 door is the most interesting. I'm no engineer, so I won't go into my theories. But I find it very interesting.

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's a Jeep comparison video

Reactions: Jdc

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey, at least I can have another reason to be happy with a base. I'll take it. Until I add steel bumpers and 33/34"s... 🥴

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know why the 4.46 axle ratio would drop the max trailer weight by 40lbs? Is it just the rear is 40lbs heavier than the others or is it something else?
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco GVWR Ford Q&A and Curb Weight / Payload Details 1614517484161

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone know why the 4.46 axle ratio would drop the max trailer weight by 40lbs? Is it just the rear is 40lbs heavier than the others or is it something else?
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco GVWR Ford Q&A and Curb Weight / Payload Details 1614517484161
Isn't that ratio on the Badlands, which has a much higher curb weight?
Sponsored