Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

To me this is of no consequence. I'll just order the roof rack, take it home and install it. Same goes for the aftermarket winch, lights, and any other items I want to add. I'm not paying Ford $180/hr to install when I can do the same for free. And my union boss (my wife ? ) doesn't give a rip about GVWR, and couldn't tell you what it stands for.

When I bought my 2015 JK, it didn't include a roof rack, so it's not like this is unprecedented, but I definitely want one on the Bronco.
At the moment, it was assumed the roof rails would be on the accessory / Ford part number list, but at the moment its not there, but either way this was the route I was going to take, its gonna show up eventually.
Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fiesta probably has a 1000lb payload capacity....
I believe its a bit above 800 (maybe 880?). I have realistically only exceeded it once or twice but you could definitely feel it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The cargo capacity on the 2 door Badlands with out options is 982
The Cargo capacity on the 2 door Wildtrak with out options is 1070

So the Wildtrack can carry 88 more pounds. That really does not add up correctly. A no option Wildtrak has to be heavier than the no option Badlands. Wildtrack comes with the Sasquath package so those tires weigh more, the rims might weigh more with bead lock. Wildtrack comes with mid package and Badlands standard. Thinking the mid package weighs more.

No Wildtrack 4 door to make the comparison with the 4 door Badlands.

What do you think? Mistake or Badlands cant carry as much.
you forgot the disco, not saying its worth the diff, but its a good chunk

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trying to figure out these numbers...

4dr BL, 2.7 w/o options - 5,117 base curb weight
GVWR - 6,180
Max GCWR - 8,840
Max trailer tow - 3,220

Where are they getting the 3,220lbs for towing?

8,840-5,117+300 (Ford includes driver + passenger each 150lbs in rating) = 3,423 so where is the 3,220 coming from?

Last edited:

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe its a bit above 800 (maybe 880?). I have realistically only exceeded it once or twice but you could definitely feel it.
We have an st too, did a mini road trip (5hrs) to a wedding with my adult kids, easily over 800 lbs with gear. I thought it handled the wght well. It's the wife's daily driver, I usually don't drive it, it safer if I stick with my slow subaru. Tons of capability in the little fiesta.... Took the fiesta to the wedding because the thought of my loaded subaru on some of the hills was frightening.

Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the moment, it was assumed the roof rails would be on the accessory / Ford part number list, but at the moment its not there, but either way this was the route I was going to take, its gonna show up eventually.
Agreed.

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How will you order it, since it is not part of the accessory list you can order?!
I would never order the Warn winch from the factory, it's cheaper at any online 4x4 shop. The Warn Zeon 10 is very common. Unless that's the only way to get the proper winch plate, fairlead, and whatever hardware required to mount to the factory bumper.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The cargo capacity on the 2 door Badlands with out options is 982
The Cargo capacity on the 2 door Wildtrak with out options is 1070

So the Wildtrack can carry 88 more pounds. That really does not add up correctly. A no option Wildtrak has to be heavier than the no option Badlands. Wildtrack comes with the Sasquath package so those tires weigh more, the rims might weigh more with bead lock. Wildtrack comes with mid package and Badlands standard. Thinking the mid package weighs more.

No Wildtrack 4 door to make the comparison with the 4 door Badlands.

What do you think? Mistake or Badlands cant carry as much.
Badlands has the steel bumpers, full bash plates, rock sliders, etc. jaruss's thread (or a comment in mine) showed all that armor as being about 200lb...

Wildtrak has Squatch...and the 2.7 standard.

Badlands GVWR is 40lb higher too...

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank god!

Also this is a heavy little truck.
Yep, surprisingly high curb weight. 2021 4Runner 4WD is 4700lbs curb weight with apx 1600lb payload, 6300lb GVWR. But, the Bronco is adequate after seeing these specs, the 400lbs curb weight difference for the 4dr 2.7l compared to a 4Runner cuts deep into payload. A 4WD 4Runner is kinda sorta competition for the 4dr Bronco to me (own a 2008 V8 4WD 4Runner).

Slap stiffer HD aftermarket rear springs on the Bronco and I figure I would be good for extra payload. It's as common as weeds in your lawn to beef up factory springs on trucks, the axle and drivetrain can handle it.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

GCWR number is everything in/on the tow rig and towed trailer. Everything counts toward it, including driver. If you towed to a scale, that is the max number...with you in the drivers seat.

So if GCWR is 8780 curb weight is 5150 and the trailer is 3500, you've got 130lb left for you, passengers and any personal belongings. the 3500 number is meaningless...and that calculation has nothing to do with payload specifically. At 10% tongue weight and a 3500lb trailer, that's 350, 5150 curb weight, 6000 GVWR you would have 500lb payload left for you, your passengers and your things...but you don't have room on GCWR. (BTW, I used 5150 for curb weight because I wasn't sure which was a typo in your post...if it's 5105, you gain 45lb.)
Yes the 5150 was the typo, the specs say 5105. So if you add the extra 45lbs to the 130lbs you got, the results is the 175lb I gave in my post. The question that I responded to was how to calculate available payload while towing, so you simply rearrange the GCWR and GVWR equations and take the lower answer.

The tow cap number is not meaningless. In this case it's the max that the Class II reciever is capable of, which is what the rest of the values are based on. Also look at that same example vehicle at the base curb weight instead of the higher weight, yet it has the same GCWR. Without the tow cap limitation if you had say only 200lbs of driver and misc. stuff in the truck (difficult but possible) you'd be able to exceed the 3500lbs rating of the reciever even without going over your GCWR. Same as if you took off the doors and roof while towing.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

GVWR - 6,180
Max GCWR - 8,840
Max trailer tow - 3,220

8,840-5,117+300 (Ford includes driver + passenger each 150lbs in rating) = 3,423 so where is the 3,220 coming from?
Rockstar math

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay y'all, when was the last time you broke out a scale to weigh all your items before loading up your vehicle to go camping with your family for a few days? Oh, never? Guess what, you don't have to start now. Just don't be idiotic and load it up like the Beverly Hillbillies and you will be fine. If you're towing a camper, it probably can't be anything much over 2800-2900Lbs when you account for gear inside the camper so you don't go crazy on the tongue weight.
I think this is more of an issue for overlanders who go load up on tons of gear

Tubbystrut

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick question: In the Bronco GVWR spreadsheet, there's a Curb Weight+Options column. Do we know what options are included in that weight? I can't for the life of me find them.

I'm assuming Sas and Lux packages.

Last edited:

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry if this has been asked already:

Was wondering if the restrictions on factory installed accessories like the Paint Protection or the Hardtop Headliner on 4-door Badlands 2.7 builds are due to GVWR limitations? Not sure how much Hardtop Headliner weighs, but Paint Protection film does not weigh much. Just wondering if anyone had any insight here
I believe the issue is that if you ordered every factory option, the paint protection would push it over limits and therefore you can't get it ?‍♂ .

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

GVWR - 6,180
Max GCWR - 8,840
Max trailer tow - 3,220

tongue weight?
Sponsored