Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2022 BMW Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where is 4 door Wildtrak?
This is exactly what i am wanting to know. Did I miss it? Should we assume it is the same as another one, FE, BL?

Last edited:

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is exactly what i am wanting to know. Did I miss it? Should we assume it is the same as another one, FE, WL?
I guess so....just another error it seems lol

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like my wife has to lose some pounds or she's not going any where in my Bronco

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

so 2 door badlands with 2.7 is 982 lbs of payload

with 2 200lbs guys that gives you how much?

is that alot? i have no idea if this is enough for overlanding can somebody help?
Leaves you with 582 lbs.
If I'm reading everything correctly the payload assumes a 150# driver and a 150# passenger (300# total). If you have a 200# driver and 200# passenger (400# total) wouldn't you only subtract the difference ... 100#? That would leave you a 882# payload.

EDIT --- I was not reading it correctly. Payload remaining in this example is 582#

Last edited:

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I'm reading everything correctly the payload assumes a 150# driver and a 150# passenger (300# total). If you have a 200# driver and 2003 passenger (400# total) wouldn't you only subtract the difference ... 100#? That would leave you a 882# payload.
Maybe. But to a degree I feel it is splitting hairs. I'm firmly in the camp of: be "reasonable" in your load and not necessarily by the book/numbers.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have no experience specifically with this. Need some simplified help here. I’m getting a Wildtrak. Family of 4 (2 very young still in car seats).
- I understand I can’t get roof rails factory installed. Can they be dealer ordered/installed?
-If I want to install roof rails for kayaks or luggage, what do I truly need to be aware of or think about prior to?
- I understand the 110lbs limit while moving. With the assumption of loading up a roof rack on the WT keeping it under 110lbs, is there a safety concern or just a Ford concern to stay in the Jeep class to be competitive?

My plans are not to rock crawl or anything wild with gear on top, simply traveling to a spot, unloading then loading back up.

Big Poppa

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curb weight doesn’t include the driver or cargo. Per FMVSS 49 571.3: Curb weight means the weight of a motor vehicle with standard equipment; maximum capacity of engine fuel, oil, and coolant; and, if so equipped, air conditioning and additional weight optional engine.

49 571.3

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If I'm reading everything correctly the payload assumes a 150# driver and a 150# passenger (300# total). If you have a 200# driver and 200# passenger (400# total) wouldn't you only subtract the difference ... 100#? That would leave you a 882# payload.
You are not reading correctly. J2807 as mentioned only applies to GCWR/tow ratings.

As far as GVWR and Curb Weight, all passengers and fuel count against the payload numbers listed here.

for example, the 4-door FE has a MAX payload (with the fewest options selected) of 924. ALL passengers (including driver) and fuel (and cargo and trailer tongue weight) count against this.

to me it looks like no 4-door Sasquatch config has a payload capacity north of 1k lbs, and my 4-door FE will be able to lug around a whole 40 more lbs than my Tesla Model Y. Seems about right given the Model Y has a 3500 Max tow capacity as well, and probably more cargo volume!
Sponsored

Last edited: