Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where is 4 door Wildtrak?
This is exactly what i am wanting to know. Did I miss it? Should we assume it is the same as another one, FE, BL?
I guess so....just another error it seems lol
I was going to ask that as well!

I for one have never had to be this careful with weight on a vehicle since leaving my big rig behind. All of my personal vehicles have been able to carry more than I will ever throw at them even if the whole family is with me. I agree with some that it is a heavy vehicle, but feel that somehow they could have beefed it up a bit more without sacrificing too much of what we see. I'm not asking to tow 5k or have 2k worth of stuff on my rig, but maybe the margin to do something close at least . I would probably never come close to such numbers, but thats why we dream big I guess?

Doing the things I've done in my life I know 500lbs adds up quick. Could care less about the towing. Small rig usually means small trailer if at all. What this does mean is I will have to be picky and choosy as to what is bolted to my rig as well as what I carry. Just my 2c if it matters.
There are two 4-door Black Diamonds listed. Another type-0
Sponsored

Last edited:

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Need more details on MY22 roof rack changes
Not sure why this isn't being discussed more. Will the MY22 roof rack be made of different material, or have different attachment points, or what changes could make it magically be able to work on a SAS without changing the class of vehicle?

I admittedly don't understand all (most) of this stuff, but I feel like I read that going over 6000 GVWR would change the class without an exception, and it looks like they got that exception that people were speculating would be what they were going to try and get for MY22 to make the roof rack work, but without that option now, what is there?

I'm in the 'reasonable load' camp where I've never even looked at the GVWR of one of my vehicles until a couple weeks ago as a result of this forum, but while I want SAS and a roof rack, I'm taking the factory roof rack over the SAS and will just get slightly bigger tires when the factory wears out.

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most purpose built overland vehicles are over weight before any passengers even get in. Any Wrangler you see with a roof rack, roof top tent, fridge, stove, sleeping gear, recovery gear, tools, lift, steel bumpers, winch, etc are at or over max payload. Just don't be a moron when packing your vehicle. Or if you plan on travelling heavy much of the time the aftermarket will have heavier springs available. The numbers I would try and stick too would be weight on the roof and trailer weight. Going over on payload by a couple hundred pounds will be just fine.

Also, They must calculate payload different on these types of vehicles (passenger cars and SUV's) than they do trucks. On a pickup you get the exact payload listed on the door sticker as it leaves the factory. My F-150 is 1848 lbs. Every other pickup I see is an exact number. Jeeps and other SUV's have a round number, Like 850 or 1050 lbs.

alexraw

Outer Banks
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I am still a bit confused on this GVWR stuff. Can anyone help me out? I am planning to order a 4-door BD with sasquatch, tow package, mid package and mic top. I am trying to determine how much I am left with for payload and for towing I wanted to be able to pull a jetski.

Seralan

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500HD, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most purpose built overland vehicles are over weight before any passengers even get in. Any Wrangler you see with a roof rack, roof top tent, fridge, stove, sleeping gear, recovery gear, tools, lift, steel bumpers, winch, etc are at or over max payload. Just don't be a moron when packing your vehicle. Or if you plan on travelling heavy much of the time the aftermarket will have heavier springs available. The numbers I would try and stick too would be weight on the roof and trailer weight. Going over on payload by a couple hundred pounds will be just fine.

Also, They must calculate payload different on these types of vehicles (passenger cars and SUV's) than they do trucks. On a pickup you get the exact payload listed on the door sticker as it leaves the factory. My F-150 is 1848 lbs. Every other pickup I see is an exact number. Jeeps and other SUV's have a round number, Like 850 or 1050 lbs.
Agreed, Ford has to compromise based on what people want and expect. The wheel tire and axle carrying capacity should be in excess of the factory GVWR. If that is the case, the aftermarket should provide higher capacity components at the expense of unloaded ride quality and flex. I am sure that the spring rates were designed to provide a better RTI score then wrangler and they won't want to compromise on that from the factory. Wining numbers get sales.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so I can't have 3 fat guys in my bronco with me without approaching the payload limit?

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This. Every YouTuber with a built out 4Runner/Wrangler/Tacoma with tents and awnings and drawers and half of Emeril Lagasse’s kitchen packed away is over GVWR for that vehicle. Some of them, even the super dialed-in, anal retentive ones even admit that they’re over GVWR and there’s not much you can do about it.

Might not be a popular opinion since the engineers and lawyer types are extremely intent on coloring between the lines here but this is a scenario where common sense is your limiting factor; not a number set by Ford.

Packing out your vehicle with an eye toward weight distribution, COG and general common sense will work just fine in this application.

Sponsored

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford is dumb AF sometimes. why would they think more people would want a brush guard and headliner over tow package?

"we are prioritizing our most popular..."
The fact you have a Q&A explicity for the FE and tow package proves you are not.

"but the brush guard is bad ass" - Ford Rockstars

1610634820013.png

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I calculated correctly I have 335lbs. of gear until I max out my BD.
GVWR and payload isn't something I am fluent with, let me know if I messed up:

GVWR 6040
-
MAX Curb Weight 5104.7
=
Payload 935.3
-
Driver 200lbs
-
Passenger 200lbs
-
Kid A 100lbs
-
Kid B 100lbs
=
335lbs available, to spread out over gas, car seats and other gear

Is that right?

bjellefs

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang, 2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can someone explain the Max towing capacity for the BD 2.7 Auto at 3440? I was always under the impression that towing capacity was GCWR-Curb Weight. Using the max curb weight they provided.

8840-5279 = 3561 ??

This is slightly higher than the listed 3,440. What am I missing?

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
New here? Definitely some complaints once folks make there way over to this thread from the Order Guide and Accessory threads :rolleyes:
Correct. People here would argue about whether it is actually Thursday today or whether Mike Levine has rewinded time to Wednesday, then they would complain about the straw-man/hypothetical about how they will not get paid for the extra day they will now have to work.
Sponsored