Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice to see the weight break downs but with NY calculating registration costs by weight it's going to be 2x more than my Fiesta lol
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no idea what any of this means for me lol and I honestly don’t care. But more news is nice.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So.... spec sheets aside. I think one of my first stops is gonna be the local freight company. They'll weigh a vehicle and give you a "certified" document on it for like $20. Fill the tank, with the thing straight from the factory and drop the $20. Then I'll know, for MY truck, what I can load up.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford will not offer a towing package on Base or FE but they condone buying a hitch and explicitly state towing ratings? That is odd.
Can someone with more knowledfe talk more about this. what do you lose by using the accessory hitch vs the Factory tow package?

If the FE can actually tow safely with another accessory by ford. It is not all that bad. But would like more details.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand why the 2 door badlands with the 2.3 has a lower GVW than the Badlands with the 2.7. Are we sure the BN PDF is accurate?

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can someone with more knowledfe talk more about this. what do you lose by using the accessory hitch vs the Factory tow package?

If the FE can actually tow safely with another accessory by ford. It is not all that bad. But would like more details.
It will likely just be the hitch. No wiring.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You lose the factory wiring. The accessory hitch probably doesn't come with a 4 or 7-pin connector. It's not hard to add if you're comfortable working on your own vehicle.

@pan-y-cerveza beat me to it lol

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have no idea what any of this means for me lol and I honestly don’t care. But more news is nice.
Same here. Am I supposed to math before I go on vacation with my family? I’ve never thought about this in any other vehicle of mine, just loaded up.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. People here would argue about whether it is actually Thursday today or whether Mike Levine has rewinded time to Wednesday, then they would complain about the straw-man/hypothetical about how they will not get paid for the extra day they will now have to work.
It's not Thursday in Japan! ;)

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so I can't have 3 fat guys in my bronco with me without approaching the payload limit?
Just in time to motivate your friends for their New Years resolutions. Want to ride in my Bronco, get your fat ass on a treadmill. ????

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco GVWR Ford Q&A and Curb Weight / Payload Details 1610637122944

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice to see the weight break downs but with NY calculating registration costs by weight it's going to be 2x more than my Fiesta lol
Not going to register it as a Ford Fiesta - Bronco Trim Level?

highrez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Noticed it says roof payload is 110 when driving. I suppose that's doable, but it's not a lot after you put a pod on top which weights around 50 pounds on its own.
I plan to mostly be using this for overlanding and this is a little concerning. I think many of the rooftop tents are over 110lbs.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

so 2 door badlands with 2.7 is 982 lbs of payload

Family of 4 with tweens: 200lb dad 150lb mom, two kids under 100lbs plus a dog.

550lbs of people and pets
150lbs of kayaks or bikes or a canoe
200lbs of clothes and gear (50lbs each includes tents)
200lbs of food (includes 10 gallons of water)

1100lbs

I did 50lbs of gear because when I travel by air i have to weight my baggage, and when i took a cruise I kept my stuff under 50lbs because I didn't want to take more than one bag. I had plenty of clothes for the week. Kids will have lighter bags, as the clothes are smaller. Tents and sleeping bags don't weigh much at all. Most trips I would only have a carry-on, about 25lbs of stuff.

200 lbs of food is a lot of food, even if half is water weight. A can of beans is just under a pound. A box of rice is what, three pounds? A pack of hotdogs 1 pound. Ten pounds of ice in a cooler with a weeks worth of hot dogs and stuff? 200lbs all day. (I expect for a lot of you, the water would be in beer form, if not Monsters.

I would say you would have a harder time fitting 4 50lb suitcases, 2 tents, 4 sleeping bags, a cooler full of food an ice, and ten gallons of water into the bronco than you would having to worry about being over GVRW.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed, Ford has to compromise based on what people want and expect. The wheel tire and axle carrying capacity should be in excess of the factory GVWR. If that is the case, the aftermarket should provide higher capacity components at the expense of unloaded ride quality and flex. I am sure that the spring rates were designed to provide a better RTI score then wrangler and they won't want to compromise on that from the factory. Wining numbers get sales.
I would be surprised if any Bronco has a higher RTI score than it's JL equivilent. You give up some flex for ride quality and road manners with IFS.
Sponsored