Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The specs for every model on Ford's website show the height to be 73.0" for the soft top. How can that be when some models have 35" tires and the base has 30" tires?

I'm trying to figure what to do to make sure that I can get it into the garage - with an open door opening of 79.5".
Looks like I can clear the soft top with a little room to spare, but Ford doesn't give the height for the hardtop. I assume hardtop is a little taller. I'd also like to get a roof rack. That may not be possible.

And the radio antenna. No way is that thing going to clear my garage door opening. I had to cut about 3" off the antennas of my last 2 F-150's. The Bronco looks like it would need far more than 3" cut off.

I assume that the radio antenna height will be a problem fro everyone with a 7' tall garage door. Is there a better solution than cutting off part of the antenna?

I may need to look into getting a few more inches of garage door clearance.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco height? 1596386580844

Should answer all your questions near enough except antenna. Mine are all flexible and has never been an issue going in and out of a garage.

OP
OP
ronstar

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco height? 1596386580844

Should answer all your questions near enough except antenna. Mine are all flexible and has never been an issue going in and out of a garage.
Perfect - Thanks!

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The specs for every model on Ford's website show the height to be 73.0" for the soft top. How can that be when some models have 35" tires and the base has 30" tires?

I'm trying to figure what to do to make sure that I can get it into the garage - with an open door opening of 79.5".
Looks like I can clear the soft top with a little room to spare, but Ford doesn't give the height for the hardtop. I assume hardtop is a little taller. I'd also like to get a roof rack. That may not be possible.

And the radio antenna. No way is that thing going to clear my garage door opening. I had to cut about 3" off the antennas of my last 2 F-150's. The Bronco looks like it would need far more than 3" cut off.

I assume that the radio antenna height will be a problem fro everyone with a 7' tall garage door. Is there a better solution than cutting off part of the antenna?

I may need to look into getting a few more inches of garage door clearance.
I'm in your name situation. My garage door is also 7' and if I can't fit it in my garge with a 2-3" lift on 33" then I'm not pursuring to purchase a Bronco. I was compare the height of my Ranger with a lift on 33". I think the height will be fine. The hard top is likely add 1-2" compared to the soft top. And i belive the height given by ford applies to the non lifted bronco on standard tires. you can always buy a stubby antenna that is only 2-3"; if the bronco has a antenna. I don't remember seeing what kind of antenna it has.

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm in your name situation. My garage door is also 7' and if I can't fit it in my garge with a 2-3" lift on 33" then I'm not pursuring to purchase a Bronco. I was compare the height of my Ranger with a lift on 33". I think the height will be fine. The hard top is likely add 1-2" compared to the soft top. And i belive the height given by ford applies to the non lifted bronco on standard tires. you can always buy a stubby antenna that is only 2-3"; if the bronco has a antenna. I don't remember seeing what kind of antenna it has.
Use the Wildtrack as a Sasquatch Model (It basically is pre-sasquatched) 4 Door 75.3" Plus if you add the rack 3.4" = 78.7" A standard garage door is 7' (84"). That gives you 5.3" before you are scraping concrete.

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone seen exactly how much height the hard top adds. I've got a 78" garage door opening so every inch counts.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone seen exactly how much height the hard top adds. I've got a 78" garage door opening so every inch counts.
It’s not possible until they actually build a real one. That’s not going to happen until next March. It’s a close estimate until then

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Use the Wildtrack as a Sasquatch Model (It basically is pre-sasquatched) 4 Door 75.3" Plus if you add the rack 3.4" = 78.7" A standard garage door is 7' (84"). That gives you 5.3" before you are scraping concrete.
Recommend actually measuring your door before assuming that. I have a 7' garage door, but actual opening is just over 80" after you account for the concrete 'lip' and the bottom edge of the door when you have it open.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your vehicle not fitting in your garage after YOU add a lift is a deal breaker, I'd say you prob don't really want a bronco that much.

Sponsored

Locked-n-loaded

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socalfj40.com
Vehicle(s)
'74 Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In a standard 2 car garage, I drive in my FJ40 with 35's + a suspension lift & a custom light bar with KC lights that all stick up above roofline.

I'd be shocked if the stock rig wasn't verfied to fit in a common garage (sans roof rack, lights, gear).

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco height? overlook-01

On a side note, I'd instantly remove the antenna & cap it or go to a stubby. I loathe terrestrial radio & will never listen.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your vehicle not fitting in your garage after YOU add a lift is a deal breaker, I'd say you prob don't really want a bronco that much.
I don't need a Bronco. I'm perfectly happy with my current Ranger that fits in my garage nicely. I don't want my vehicles left in the driveway exposed to the elements getting sun baked every single day.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't need a Bronco. I'm perfectly happy with my current Ranger that fits in my garage nicely. I don't want my vehicles left in the driveway exposed to the elements getting sun baked every single day.
No one really “needs” a Bronco or a Raptor or a 911 etc etc. It’s purely a matter of lust;)
You either lust after it or you don’t.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No one really “needs” a Bronco or a Raptor or a 911 etc etc. It’s purely a matter of lust;)
You either lust after it or you don’t.
hatersgonnahate.gif

Cencal Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The hard top is shorter. I think it' an 1.5" - 2" shorter if I am remembering correctly.
Sponsored