Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't get the people who are so against the air assisted coil spring suspension... Like, I get it, it could break on the trail. But worst case scenario, you're left in the same situation you'd be in without it, which is just a static ride height

Just like the people who are against power locks... like, worst case scenario, you're left with locks that you need to manually actuate, which is what you'd have if you didn't have power locks in the first place

Edit: Meant air assist suspension. I get the complaints against full on air ride, but air assisted suspension isn't all that bad
If it was air assist in that the air suspension did not in any way effect the operation of a regular coil spring and only activated to increase spring rate when you needed to haul or tow, that would be fine. I'd still rather not have the extra weight of the compressor etc, but it would at least not be a liability.

That's generally not what we get (do any current Ford products have that?). The Lincoln system linked above, as well as on a land rover or porsche cayenne replaces the coil springs with airbags. If it fails your suspension collapses.
Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If it was air assist in that the air suspension did not in any way effect the operation of a regular coil spring and only activated to increase spring rate when you needed to haul or tow, that would be fine. I'd still rather not have the extra weight of the compressor etc, but it would at least not be a liability.

That's generally not what we get (do any current Ford products have that?). The Lincoln system linked above, as well as on a land rover or porsche cayenne replaces the coil springs with airbags. If it fails your suspension collapses.
Huh, maybe just because I'm not too familiar with SUVs... I know on sports cars and a lot of luxury cars, its an air actuator in conjunction with a coil spring or coilover suspension

Chesapeake

First Name
C. Peake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Everything?
businessman-holding-chair-6194911.jpg

Just messing around, I'm amazingly excited.
Put it this way, I was worried that they wouldn't get it right and now, I just cant wait to hear everyone say... oh my goodness! I cant wait to have one, I hitting the button on every option. Total classic ford = badass.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Put it this way, I was worried that they wouldn't get it right and now, I just cant wait to hear everyone say... oh my goodness! I cant wait to have one, I hitting the button on every option. Total classic ford = badass.
If you haven't been lurking a while, you wouldn't have known that chairs, on this forum, are a reference to the IFS vs SFA arguments.

Any time somebody brings up IFS vs SFA outside of the dedicated thread, the response is:

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Interior Spied Undisguised!! 2A6C52FE-99BF-4483-BBD0-E12123D196AF

(so he's saying that "everything we want it to be" means it will have a solid front axle)

NY Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco II, 2008 Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heh when I tell folks I'm from NY I have to explain that NYC is the armpit of NY and that there's so much more to the state. I feel your pain. You're near cuse? We oughtta have a NY Bronco gathering at some point.
That would be awesome! Yes I’m 90 miles due South. Try to explain to people the differences in NY state, it’s incredible how polar opposites upstate/downstate are.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you haven't been lurking a while, you wouldn't have known that chairs, on this forum, are a reference to the IFS vs SFA arguments.

Any time somebody brings up IFS vs SFA outside of the dedicated thread, the response is:

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Interior Spied Undisguised!! 2A6C52FE-99BF-4483-BBD0-E12123D196AF

(so he's saying that "everything we want it to be" means it will have a solid front axle)
look, I'm just sayin, those buttons or lights on the dash that show the front wheels, I don't see any control arms...

Chesapeake

First Name
C. Peake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

I guess that's where the perspective of what's really needed and what will be better ultimately hits the dirt. Sure, wrangler will have a slight edge with the solid front axle on rock. Congratulations to the 10 rock climbing fans that will hold on to the jeep for that reason. The bronco will hold every other advantage. Hands down.... off the assembly line and accessory purchase.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I guess that's where the perspective of what's really needed and what will be better ultimately hits the dirt. Sure, wrangler will have a slight edge with the solid front axle on rock. Congratulations to the 10 rock climbing fans that will hold on to the jeep for that reason. The bronco will hold every other advantage. Hands down.... off the assembly line and accessory purchase.
Hey man, I like you, and you're new here, so I'll let you know right now - you're walking in to dangerous territory :cwl:

Dirt

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

All 10 of them seem to have found this forum

Chesapeake

First Name
C. Peake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Hey man, I like you, and you're new here, so I'll let you know right now - you're walking in to dangerous territory :cwl:
Oh boy. So, give me your bronco wish list.... you want classic style and a beast off road? Check! You want open top with no care driving on sand, mud, rock... wash it out with a hose and take your girl (or guy) to dinner and a show? Check! Want to show off the cool bronco stitching? Check! Want 35 in tires standard? They are going way above what can be imagined here.... hurry up march 31st. I wonder if they are bringing it back around easter for a reason? It has risen?

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
some of us want SFA for mud too. mud requires tires, and power, and SFA handles those better. But as long as a reasonable aftermarket option shows up, I'll be ok with that.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Easter Bronco Safari...before Jeep Safari lol.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Oh boy. So, give me your bronco wish list.... you want classic style and a beast off road? Check! You want open top with no care driving on sand, mud, rock... wash it out with a hose and take your girl (or guy) to dinner and a show? Check! Want to show off the cool bronco stitching? Check! Want 35 in tires standard? They are going way above what can be imagined here.... hurry up march 31st. I wonder if they are bringing it back around easter for a reason? It has risen?
I can pretty much tell you already that, based on what I've seen and heard so far, I'm going to love whatever the Bronco winds up being! All I'm saying is there are some other folks here who are harder to please and will accept nothing less than a JL with a Ford logo (and also providing some context to all the chair memes).

But by all means continue trying to convince us we'll love it by providing more specific, enticing details ;)