First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Id be worried that I wouldn't get full use of my Bronco if I leased.

No way I'd feel comfortable taking it off road and then trying to take it back once lease runs out.
Sponsored

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe it's a bit of a gamble, but based on Wrangler resale values, won't the residual value on the truck be better than average? Well optioned Wranglers, like the Rubicon, don't depreciate much! With this in mind, it might be a better move to suck up the payment and buy the thing, then sell it if you want the newer model (Warthog) or are moving on. If someone has done the math, I would love to see it!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Huh, leased 5 cars from them and I have never even heard this. Not that I would buy it, Ford is an easy lease to turn in if you take decent care of them.
I have bought wear care on at least 5 leases. $750 Z plan I think (retail varies, but shop and negotiate), now has $5k in coverage. 2 vehicles I returned would have been no issue, one had a basketball not fall on the roof and would have been $1500 to fix (or file a claim, but I carry a $1k deductible) and one I backed into a wall and scraped the bumper, probably at least a $750 repair. It's sort of a wash, but covers things like interior, that insurance typically would not and then I don't have the stress of small damage or wear.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it's a bit of a gamble, but based on Wrangler resale values, won't the residual value on the truck be better than average? Well optioned Wranglers, like the Rubicon, don't depreciate much! With this in mind, it might be a better move to suck up the payment and buy the thing, then sell it if you want the newer model (Warthog) or are moving on. If someone has done the math, I would love to see it!
I like that I have the option, I have both returned and purchased leases. My last Explorer, the buyout was $26k and the wholesale was $26K, retail about $30k, it had been great, so we bought it. 18 F150- buyout $31k, wholesale $28k, retail $31K, plus I hit a deer and the whole side of the truck was repaired/repainted so I opted out (extended the lease until I get my bronco or decide on something else). The main difference is my Wear Care expense, which I write off to peace of mind. Just run the numbers and understand what you are paying.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is the one I hate. You have to pay a fee when your return the vehicle.

. Lessee is responsible for $395 lease Disposition Fee in select states.
That is pretty universal with most brands, unless you lease another car with them.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Horrible/laughable lease as anticipated. To me, a good lease is $100/mo per $10k, zero down, although I knew that wasn't happening here.

$57.8k loaded OBX 4 dr sas, plus $645 acquisition, zero down is $802/mo at 36 mos, 7.5k mi/yr. I presume that doesnt include tax. 50% residual. I know Germans always lease a lot better, but to me, $800/mo is a $80k Cayenne right there. My two current leases totaling $82k MSRP have combined lease payments of $690/mo, both with nothing down (tax/fees out of pocket).

Instead of buying, I was planning on leasing for 6 months then buying myself out to make sure there were no bugs, but probably not going that route if it's going to cost me a $645 acquisition fee, and possibly a disposition fee if I buy myself out (but not positive on that one).

Last edited:

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Horrible/laughable lease as anticipated. To me, a good lease is $100/mo per $10k, zero down, although I knew that wasn't happening here.

$57.8k loaded OBX 4 dr sas, plus $645 acquisition, zero down is $802/mo at 36 mos, 7.5k mi/yr. I presume that doesnt include tax. 50% residual. I know Germans always lease a lot better, but to me, $800/mo is a well negotiated $80k Cayenne right there. My two current leases totaling $82k MSRP have a combined lease payment of $690/mo, both with nothing down.

Instead of buying, I was planning on leasing for 6 months then buying myself out to make sure there were no bugs, but probably not going that route if it's going to cost me a $645 acquisition fee, and possibly a disposition fee if I buy myself out (but not positive on that one).
I would expect leasing on trims above Big Bend would get very expensive. Knowing how Ford rolls, that's where the lease value will be at. Especially since there won't be any incentive support.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They are messing around with it still because the numbers keep adjusting.
Is leasing really a viable option for people planning on using their Bronco's for off roading or planning on any after market equipment upgrades? seems like a bad idea to me, but if there are good reasons for leasing (other than a lower payment) please explain.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is leasing really a viable option for people planning on using their Bronco's for off roading or planning on any after market equipment upgrades? seems like a bad idea to me, but if there are good reasons for leasing (other than a lower payment) please explain.
It's a gamble. Ford Credit is very clear on their lease return standards:

https://www.ford.com/finance/lease-end/wear-and-use

I've taken my leased Ranger on trails, but not rock crawling. Plus, I like in Michigan. As long as I don't go crazy on trails, I'll be fine.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

$57.8k loaded OBX 4 dr sas, plus $645 acquisition, zero down is $802/mo at 36 mos, 7.5k mi/yr. I presume that doesnt include tax. 50% residual. I know Germans always lease a lot better, but to me, $800/mo is a $80k Cayenne right there. My two current leases totaling $82k MSRP have combined lease payments of $690/mo, both with nothing down (tax/fees out of pocket).

I also expected the lease numbers to be bad, but that is really bad. Once you get a few good leases under your belt, you get spoiled I guess.

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lease rates look good to me. You can get the Base with nothing on it for $399/month, for 39 months, 12K miles per year and nothing down.

Do that, and the vehicle will be under warranty the whole time and you can then upgrade to your plug-in Electric Warthog with 700HP and 1000ft-lbs of instant torque (or whatever else you think the Bronco will turn into) after that.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I also expected the lease numbers to be bad, but that is really bad. Once you get a few good leases under your belt, you get spoiled I guess
Agreed. All my leases have been excellent, and it's not by coincidence. For the Bronco i was thinking it would be 7/10 or 8/10 on the "bad lease" scale, but i'd probably rate this 10/10. Either way,I was only going to lease for a short period then buy it, but the big acqusition fee, plus dispo fee will lock out people with the same strategy. Not that big of a deal I guess.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've taken my leased Ranger on trails, but not rock crawling. Plus, I like in Michigan. As long as I don't go crazy on trails, I'll be fine.
What about people adding accessories. I keep seeing people talking about leasing their Bronco's and

Per my original question, other than keeping the payment low, are there any good reasons for leasing?

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agreed. All my leases have been excellent, and it's not by coincidence. For the Bronco i was thinking it would be 7/10 or 8/10 on the "bad lease" scale, but i'd probably rate this 10/10. Either way,I was only going to lease for a short period then buy it, but the big acqusition fee, plus dispo fee will lock out people with the same strategy. Not that big of a deal I guess.
The Base and Big Bend leases seem fine. Especially when they are based on MSRP and there are zero incentives on the Bronco. The Ford lease calculator on the B&P site tends to be high anyway.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They also added the "Acquisition Fee" to all of the builds. Just a heads up to all...
All leases and/or bank loans generally have the "acquisition fee". This is good transparency as it is usually not shown in a B&P.
Sponsored