Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lease rates look good to me. You can get the Base with nothing on it for $399/month, for 39 months, 12K miles per year and nothing down.

Do that, and the vehicle will be under warranty the whole time and you can then upgrade to your plug-in Electric Warthog with 700HP and 1000ft-lbs of instant torque (or whatever else you think the Bronco will turn into) after that.
I agree as I have leased BMW's for the past 12 yrs.
Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What about people adding accessories. I keep seeing people talking about leasing their Bronco's and

Per my original question, other than keeping the payment low, are there any good reasons for leasing?
If you get a new car every few years, leasing may make more sense. I leased my Ranger because it was cheap and I wanted a bridge between my car that was about to go, and a Bronco.

The accessories you add through the order would need to stay with the vehicle. Just like a bed liner or tonneau cover on a truck. But if you added those after, or separately, then you keep them.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you get a new car every few years, leasing may make more sense. I leased my Ranger because it was cheap and I wanted a bridge between my car that was about to go, and a Bronco.
There are tax advantages for certain people to lease, beyond that like you said if you get a new car every 3-4 years you're typically no better off lease versus buy. Always have a warranty, no surprises, get something new with zero headache. As long as you don't do a cap cost reduction there's no way you can get yourself in big surprise trouble.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are tax advantages for certain people to lease, beyond that like you said if you get a new car every 3-4 years you're typically no better off lease versus buy. Always have a warranty, no surprises, get something new with zero headache. As long as you don't do a cap cost reduction there's no way you can get yourself in big surprise trouble.
Yep. There are a bunch of reasons why it makes sense. There are also a bunch of reasons why buying makes sense. The big thing is to never put a bunch of money down on a lease. Do the first payment plus taxes and fees, but don't chase a payment. That cap cost reduction is gone if you total your vehicle or if it gets stolen.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That cap cost reduction is gone if you total your vehicle or if it gets stolen.
For those carrying a note on a purchase... gap insurance is cheap and a good idea for the same reason. Last thing you want is to total your car then owe someone money.

No universal answer on the age-old lease vs buy debate. 99% of cars are depreciating assets.

Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those carrying a note on a purchase... gap insurance is cheap and a good idea for the same reason. Last thing you want is to total your car then owe someone money.

No universal answer on the age-old lease vs buy debate. 99% of cars are depreciating assets.
My lease through Ford came with GAP at no cost. For some reason my lease was done through the Lincoln Credit arm. Still, if I total my truck, I would never get the cap cost reduction back because it doesn't work like the down payment on a loan. You are only trying to get to the residual value. GAP just covers the difference between value and loan balance.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just compared it to leasing a Ranger Limited Tremor. Lease rate and residual is about the same as the Ranger. Assuming the resale holds up as well as expected, the Bronco lease could end up OK for those that want to test it for 24 months. Big difference- the same lease payment gets you a Tremor, limited with B&O, adaptive cruise and leather. Bronco is a BD mid package with steel wheels :oops:

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never understood why anyone would lease. Esp with a vehicle like a Bronco.
Just have never seen a good reason.
Is there one out there?

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Where it is sitting right now the lease prices are good. What’s odd is the 4 year is really good, it has to be a mistake.
A mistake in B&P? Naaaaaaah, it can’t be.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know how Ford leases work? Can you buy out the lease at any point along the way? I have leased other cars and have had the option with no penalty.

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have never understood why anyone would lease. Esp with a vehicle like a Bronco.
Is there one out there?
1. Cheaper per month.
2. Under warranty the whole time. You don't have to worry about anything mechanical on the vehicle if you keep the vehicle for 39 months or lower. Perhaps not a bad idea for a totally new vehicle.
3. The amount you save per month could be put towards a downpayment for your lime green, Warthog, plug-in with 1000ft-lbs of torque, 12 GOAT modes, donut doors and chameleon camo hardtop roof that you think will be will be here in 3 years.
4. If you don't like it, you don't have to worry about keeping it forever or losing massive money on depreciation.
5. You will always get to drive a newer vehicle with updated safety features.
6. You get the thrill of a new one every 3 years.
7. Lease pull ahead deals are common and the next Bronco is likely to have some reasonable discounting (as supply and demand are more in line), so it is likely that you will get a really good deal in 3 years for the next one, while you still get to drive one NOW.

Last edited:

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Priced quickly 2.7 AT 2D base with small add-ons. Before tax, $35k, $331 monthly, 10% down, residual value after 48months 55%.
Does anybody lease an SUV to be abused?
Where are you seeing the residual value? Or are you calculating it based on the total lease payments compared to the acquisition price?

accord77

Big Bend
First Name
joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 acura tlx awd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also expected the lease numbers to be bad, but that is really bad. Once you get a few good leases under your belt, you get spoiled I guess.
Is there one out there?
its for the ppl that want to pay 500.00 or less instead of 800.00 a month.with less months to pay. when you finance a car you don't own it until you paid everything off. lease you have the option to walk away and get a new car or pay off the balance and buy it. lease will be a bit more but its about the same if you will buy it at the end. Pay now or later. lease 6X 2times kept car this Bronco will be a street car

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How would leasing with a roof rack after delivery work? Since we can't get one with delivery, I plan on buying one and having them ship it to the dealer at the time of delivery. When I turn the truck in, I'd have to return it in its "delivered" state, right?

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it's a bit of a gamble, but based on Wrangler resale values, won't the residual value on the truck be better than average? Well optioned Wranglers, like the Rubicon, don't depreciate much! With this in mind, it might be a better move to suck up the payment and buy the thing, then sell it if you want the newer model (Warthog) or are moving on. If someone has done the math, I would love to see it!
I think you may have the right idea, I believe Bronco will hold value similar to Wrangler.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco lease prices are up now on build & price depreciation.GIF
Sponsored