Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ran at 36 months 12k a year- Money Factor 0.00104167 ( 2.5% APR )
All 10% Cap Cost Reduction as shown on Ford B & P
These MF & Residuals are not bad. Probably will change.

Base 2 DR:
Net Cap cost- $27640
Residual 64 .7 % ( $17878 )
Payment $ 319 +/-
at 1.5 %APR Residual drops to 62.13%

OBX 4 DR:
Net Cap cost- $39295
Residual 61 % ( $23979 )
Payment $ 492 +/-
at 1.5 %APR Residual drops to 58.52%

WT 2 DR:
Net Cap cost- $44272
Residual 57 % ( $25235 )
Payment $ 602 +/-
at 1.5 %APR Residual drops to 54.56%
Sponsored

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Cheaper per month.
2. Under warranty the whole time. You don't have to worry about anything mechanical on the vehicle if you keep the vehicle for 39 months or lower. Perhaps not a bad idea for a totally new vehicle.
3. The amount you save per month could be put towards a downpayment for your lime green, Warthog, plug-in with 1000ft-lbs of torque, 12 GOAT modes, donut doors and chameleon camo hardtop roof that you think will be will be here in 3 years.
4. If you don't like it, you don't have to worry about keeping it forever or losing massive money on depreciation.
5. You will always get to drive a newer vehicle with updated safety features.
6. You get the thrill of a new one every 3 years.
7. Lease pull ahead deals are common and the next Bronco is likely to have some reasonable discounting (as supply and demand are more in line), so it is likely that you will get a really good deal in 3 years for the next one, while you still get to drive one NOW.
To add to this list which most people don't think about. If you get in an accident, whether its your fault or not, the depreciation hit to the car is huge when going to trade in. With a lease, not your problem as long as it was fixed properly. Same goes with if the car is a total lemon. What if the early Broncos have a ton of issues and nobody wants them and resale drops like a rock. With a lease, not your problem.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ran at 36 months 12k a year- Money Factor 0.00104167 ( 2.5% APR )
All 10% Cap Cost Reduction as shown on Ford B & P
These MF & Residuals are not bad. Probably will change.

Base 2 DR:
Net Cap cost- $27640
Residual 64 .7 % ( $17878 )
Payment $ 319 +/-
at 1.5 %APR Residual drops to 62.13%

OBX 4 DR:
Net Cap cost- $39295
Residual 61 % ( $23979 )
Payment $ 492 +/-
at 1.5 %APR Residual drops to 58.52%

WT 2 DR:
Net Cap cost- $44272
Residual 57 % ( $25235 )
Payment $ 602 +/-
at 1.5 %APR Residual drops to 54.56%
You can go to Build and Price RIGHT NOW. Lease configurator is live. ALSO NOTE: Capitalized costs need to include delivery charge.

Last edited:

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All leases and/or bank loans generally have the "acquisition fee". This is good transparency as it is usually not shown in a B&P.
Oh yeah, I know. I saw it done on the Bronco Sport too, just wanted to make sure folks knew before we saw threads on "why did my build increase $$"? ?

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The acquisition fee only applies if you're leasing correct?

Why the hell they include it for everyone?
Yet another B&P disgrace. You just know that a few dealers will use it to collect ADM for non-lease. Says dealer "everyone has to pay an acquisition fee".

You can get rid of it if you find the "calculator" button and change it to "finance".

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can buy out the remaining payments without interest, I believe. However, I think you
You also might get a "lease pull ahead" offer if you are close to the end, where you can turn the vehicle in without extra payments.

You can go to Build and Price RIGHT NOW. Lease configurator is live. ALSO NOTE: Capitalized costs need to include delivery charge.
My numbers do. That's were I pulled the numbers. I 'm showing NET cap cost that the B & P reflects with the 10% down payment. Stated it in my header.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
My numbers do. That's were I pulled the numbers. I 'm showing NET cap cost that the B & P reflects with the 10% down payment. Stated it in my header.
Got it. Sorry. I only do ZERO down, then compare apples to apples.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the end, leasing never makes sense to me. Nothing beats paying a car off and then driving for a few years without a car payment.

I might see the logic if you are absolutely positive that you will be upgrading in 3 years to a warthog or different vehicle.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealerships never offer anything that isn't profitable. If they push leasing on you it's because they plan on screwing you over while making it sound fiscally responsible.

The same goes for all their extras at financing.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got it. Sorry. I only do ZERO down, then compare apples to apples.
Thought it was best to stick the the B & P 's 10% down as an illustration.

I sometimes do better than zero down by getting the dealer to buy it out and hand me a check. The key is to get lost leader leases which come with high residuals and then time the trade in market. Car lease are a black hole which most do not understand.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ACQUISITION FEES18 + $645
This is now added to my build, this is only If I lease right?

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Cheaper per month.
2. Under warranty the whole time. You don't have to worry about anything mechanical on the vehicle if you keep the vehicle for 39 months or lower. Perhaps not a bad idea for a totally new vehicle.
3. The amount you save per month could be put towards a downpayment for your lime green, Warthog, plug-in with 1000ft-lbs of torque, 12 GOAT modes, donut doors and chameleon camo hardtop roof that you think will be will be here in 3 years.
4. If you don't like it, you don't have to worry about keeping it forever or losing massive money on depreciation.
7. Lease pull ahead deals are common and the next Bronco is likely to have some reasonable discounting (as supply and demand are more in line), so it is likely that you will get a really good deal in 3 years for the next one, while you still get to drive one NOW.
I still see no benefit from those seven reasons. You are basically just renting a car and get nothing in return. It is a terrible way to spend your money. It's worse then a cars depreciation at least with depreciation you still own the car and get money back at the end of the day.

You may be under warranty but you still have to pay for your own repairs so you're repairing something that someone else owns.

With regards to saving money the money you save is not compared to the money you get back from owning a vehicle.

There is no good reason to lease it is so people can stretch there dollar. This is not me trying to be critical to anyone personally. It is very fiscally irresponsible to lease a car.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

1. Cheaper per month.
8. The way manufacturers are throwing new and ever-advancing tech at new vehicles, your 5-year-old car may have outdated, if still useable, tech.
Full disclosure: I’ve purchased my many vehicles for the first 39 years; I’m now on my second-ever lease. Admittedly I’m torn, and plan to purchase when this lease is up.
Sponsored