First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok. I will explain it like you are five.

Let's say your Bronco costs you 3 precious cookies to buy new.

66% residual value after 39 months means that I will take 1 of your 3 precious cookies, but you can drive your Bronco for 3 years and 3 months instead of keeping it forever and paying with all 3 of your cookies. I get to keep your Bronco at the end, and you get to keep 2 of your 3 cookies.

[Note: this does not include interest payments, which could be about 2-5% per year]
Yeah, but are we talking oatmeal raisin or chocolate chip?

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you lease you are an idiot anyway.
That’s unnecessary. Regardless of how you feel about it, everyone makes their own decisions for themselves, just be respectful about it.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still nothing from Ford of Canada.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Lease Residuals (including Heritage Edition!) Screenshot_2021-01-19 Build Your Bronco

Sponsored

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As predicted, the Base has the highest residual value.
You can make your payments to settle your bets with me in Jet's Pineapple Pizza. Sesame Crust, Detroit Style.

Thanks in advance!
Makes sense, the available technology in the higher packages will be outdated in 2 years. Seeing what is inside a 10 y/o vehicle that had the high/lux package....looks very much outdated.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That Big Bend is solid as hell!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I lease 4D OBX with my options its total price is $46970 ( Including $2140 Acqu. and dest. ), According to Ford's calculator, $0 Down will cost me $794 for 24 months, which equals $19056, which means residual is 60% ( 19056/46970 = 40% lease cost ) which is 8% below the sheet posted here, did I do it right?

Sponsored

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A few questions:
-Does Ford lower the residual if you opt for the manual transmission? (Jeep does this)
-Does Ford offer Multiple Security Deposits to buy down the money factor?

I leased a BMW and came out about $5k ahead after 3 years versus buying new, because BMW inflates their residuals so much plus I used 7 MSDs to buy the money factor down to cheaper than I could get by financing. Plus there were big discounts to be had for BMW sedans at the time. High Residual+low money factor+big discount=cheaper to lease a 3-series than a Honda Accord.

I don't see the lease math working out so favorably on the Bronco, though. The residuals are OK, but the discounts are meager and the Money Factor (APR) is high.

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Umm....how many people here are actually going to "lease" a Bronco.....let alone a Rubicon?!:unsure:

I'm not buying this to play tiddlywinks......I'm headed to Death Valley and Moab as a dirt bike rescue, escape the zombie apocalypse vehicle. This things not going to be a status symbol to me.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
The higher the residual value, the lower the payment, ***assuming that the interest rate is the same*** which is not always the case (so you should double check that). If you are buying, and you have the same interest rate regardless, you can directly compare this percentage. The higher the better.

For example:
A Base 2-door Bronco will be worth:

72% of its original value after 24 months
67% after 36 months (3 years)
66% after 39 months
62% after 48 months (4 years)

When you see this, you understand why people like to buy vehicles that are about 2-3 years old, because the depreciation curve flattens out after year one.

My only open question: Does this % include the destination charge? So is a Base 2-Door start at $28,500 or $30,000 NEW?
" When you see this, you understand why people like to buy vehicles that are about 2-3 years old, because the depreciation curve flattens out after year one. "

In my experience its not worth it to get 2- 3 years old. Firstly the pricing tables don't always include incentives and discounts you can get on new. For example I've been shopping Ram trucks. Believe it or not if you shop around you can land a new Classic 4x4 for $28K out the door, base model with Chrome package, nice truck. Looking at used ones 2 - 3 years old most are more than this and have 50K+ miles, sometimes 100K+. Most are upper models I don't give a crap about, so new makes the most sense for me. And there is a certain satisfaction of getting new -- and safety in knowing the history.

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have NEVER had a lease work out in my favor. Then again, I drive way too many miles so . . . .
Sponsored