Sponsored

2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True, but it could come off in sections. Look at the leaked shell photo. The areas with the arrows pointing up looks like the top sits over top of the pillars like removable sections. And the arrows pointing down show what appears to be a liner on the top covering openings in the roof between the horizontal supports.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look! inside
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like the same rotary knob for the 8-spd auto as the Escape: no gear select other than D or L. no shift paddles on the steering wheel at least with this mule. On the 2020 Escape,, you need to get the SEL or Titanium and 2.0L EcoBoost to get the paddle shifters.
AWD is available without the 2.0.
The 8" touch screen is standard on the Escape, but for GPS you also have to get CoPilot 360.
I wonder if that is just a cubby or if there is a charging dock for the phones? same vents as Ranger/big Bronco
That big red knob on the dash: When I drove my semi into the GM Milford Proving grounds for a delivery one time, several of their prototypes and test mules had them and were labeled ABS Defeat.
no provision visible in these photos for Terrain Management or Trail Control. I hope this is more than just a boxy Escape.

Last edited:

CSSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 XV Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does the rotary knob pretty much confirm no manual Baby?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does the rotary knob pretty much confirm no manual Baby?
The Escape hasn't offered a Manual since, uh 2007 or 2010?

CSSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 XV Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Escape hasn't offered a Manual since, uh 2007 or 2010?
How alike the Escape will the baby likely be? I know it's the same platform but are we expecting the same wheelbase and width, engines, transmissions, etc.?

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree that this one isn't as bad, but it looks like at least a third of the screen sticks up above the dashboard on its own which is what I don't like. If they want the big screen sticking up, I'd prefer that it was at least integrated into a cowl or something like the gauge pods on older jdm suvs:

1579282187918.png
I agree whole-heartedly. A smooth transition to make it feel like it was planned, not an afterthought response to tesla.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How alike the Escape will the baby likely be? I know it's the same platform but are we expecting the same wheelbase and width, engines, transmissions, etc.?
I'm expecting it to be very similar, with different styling/interior and improved suspension. hardpoints will stay the same.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would assume so, just for ease of manufacturing if nothing else.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know it'll have a 1.5t and a 2.0t, but thats about it.

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not much to get excited about here but it is nice to see it definitely will be at least a slightly more unique dash then the actual Escape.

Anyone know why the rear view mirrors base is so large? It seems to be that way on the BroncoBronco as well.

Last edited:

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not much to get excited about here but it is nice to see it definitely will be at list a slightly more unique dash then the actual Escape.

Anyone know why the rear view mirrors base is so large? It seems to be that way on the BroncoBronco as well.
Sensors for lane keep assist/adaptive cruise/emergency braking I assume

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sensors for lane keep assist/adaptive cruise/emergency braking I assume
You know what would be cool? If both of them had a dashcam/adventure record mode. So while you are trail riding, you can make video clips. Either for your own entertainment or social media. The bronco is supposed to get all sorts of community involvement with ford. So maybe they will have a server you can upload too. Show fellow bronco owners what you did on your weekend adventure.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You know what would be cool? If both of them had a dashcam/adventure record mode. So while you are trail riding, you can make video clips. Either for your own entertainment or social media. The bronco is supposed to get all sorts of community involvement with ford. So maybe they will have a server you can upload too. Show fellow bronco owners what you did on your weekend adventure.
We heard about something like that back when there was a thing about some of the electronic systems:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...dventure-capture-real-time-tire-pressure.851/

Something called 'Adventure Capture' is coming to the Bronco. We aren't sure entirely what it is, but it sounds to me sorta like what you are describing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.