Sponsored

2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

We just got our first solid look inside the Ford Bronco Maverick (aka the Baby Bronco), showing more rugged interior design elements compared to its Ford Escape platform-mate.

Key elements of the Baby Bronco’s center stack are visible, revealing a revised infotainment and vent layout from its more car-like cousin. While the new Ford Escape has sleek, flowing shapes with slim air vents mounted relatively low on the dashboard, the Baby Bronco gets chunkier, vertically-oriented vents flanking its decently-sized LCD display. The primary row of infotainment controls—and the attendant Volume and Tuning knobs—look like they’re lifted from the Escape, but the addition of the Hazard button makes for a slightly different interface. The Bronco Maverick's Start/Stop button is placed flush on the center stack, while its tucked away a bit more elegantly on the more sleekly-styled dashboard of the Escape.

The HVAC controls are covered on this prototype, but they’re most likely mounted on the lower-third of the center stack—likely utilizing parts very closely associated with the Escape. This prototype’s steering wheel also looks to be lifted directly from the Escape. We also see the same rotary transmission selector, and an array of console-mounted buttons that appear to be shared between the two models.

Much of the Bronco Maverick's exterior design has been revealed, due to leaks and internal spy photos, but the nature of its interior design had been a mystery—until now. We can now get a taste of the design direction Ford stylists have applied inside the Bronco Maverick, in order to set it apart from the more polished Escape that entered Ford’s lineup last year.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look! Bronco-Maverick-Sport-1
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look! Bronco-Maverick-Sport-2
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look! Bronco-Maverick-Sport-3
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look! Bronco-Maverick-Sport-4
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look! Bronco-Maverick-Sport-5
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look! Bronco-Maverick-Sport-6
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look! Bronco-Maverick-Sport-7
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look! Bronco-Maverick-Sport-8
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look! Bronco-Maverick-Sport-9
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look! Bronco-Maverick-Sport-10
Sponsored

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think one of FORD's weaknesses is it's dash/infotainment center design...I don't like the look of this one. Looks like it gets the digital gauges which is nice.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So is there confirmation of the name "Maverick"?

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So is there confirmation of the name "Maverick"?
Don’t think so cuz they called it the Sport in the article too. I think all we know is it WONT be called Baby Bronco lol

but it’s so dope all the leaks are coming out now. Been waiting for this time lol

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don’t think so cuz they called it the Sport in the article too. I think all we know is it WONT be called Baby Bronco lol

but it’s so dope all the leaks are coming out now. Been waiting for this time lol
Yeah, I'd be down for weekly Friday leaks lol. Not a bad way to start a Friday!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too bad the photographer didn't take a pic of the ceiling or back at the interior if they got close enough for those. We could have guessed it would lift most of the dash parts from the Escape.

Twomuttsgarage

First Name
Martz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Renegade Trailhawk
I hope that the rotary shifter shown will not make production. I like a shifter, not a washing machine knob. But since the Shelby GT 500

has one, so will this.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't like the screen placement on the Escape, don't like it here. I've never been a fan of screens that stick up out of the dashboard.
IDK I feel this one looks a little more integrated, less like a tablet/GPS set on the dashboard. Just have to wait and see I guess. But, I do agree, the escapes looks odd.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope that the rotary shifter shown will not make production. I like a shifter, not a washing machine knob. ...
It's all drive by wire in vehicles like these anyway. Keypad, dial, lever would all do the same thing, make a series of electrical contacts. The automatic Bronco will be the same, and the manual could be too.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this one suppose to have a removable roof as well? Looks like a seam or something on the roof line.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look! SEAM

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
IDK I feel this one looks a little more integrated, less like a tablet/GPS set on the dashboard. Just have to wait and see I guess. But, I do agree, the escapes looks odd.
I agree that this one isn't as bad, but it looks like at least a third of the screen sticks up above the dashboard on its own which is what I don't like. If they want the big screen sticking up, I'd prefer that it was at least integrated into a cowl or something like the gauge pods on older jdm suvs:

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look! 1579282187918

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is this one suppose to have a removable roof as well? Looks like a seam or something on the roof line.
Thats either a wire or part of the headliner-there is no way this would have a removable roof-it would compromise the crash cell around the passengers. Its a unit body design, not Body on Frame like the BroncoBronco.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats either a wire or part of the headliner-there is no way this would have a removable roof-it would compromise the crash cell around the passengers. Its a unit body design, not Body on Frame like the BroncoBronco.
guessing a wire for a sensor or data transmitter they have up on the roof or such.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.