Sponsored

2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wasn't something like that available in the early Raptors ??? forward facing camera in the grille.
Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wasn't something like that available in the early Raptors ??? forward facing camera in the grille.
Raptors have a forward camera for seeing what's right in front of the truck when off-roading, but as far as I know it doesn't do any recording, at least not in stock form.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not much to get excited about here but it is nice to see it definitely will be at least a slightly more unique dash then the actual Escape.

Anyone know why the rear view mirrors base is so large? It seems to be that way on the BroncoBronco as well.
It looks like everything from the bottom of the dash down will be like Escape, but it gets its own unique dash, kind of like what GMC did with the 2020 regular Yukons and the Yukon Denalis - they got a different dash, but the rest is identical.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How alike the Escape will the baby likely be? I know it's the same platform but are we expecting the same wheelbase and width, engines, transmissions, etc.?
I am. The 2.0 Escape does have the steering wheel paddle shifters, so there is that. There appears to be a mild lift vs Escape, and maybe a suspension/skid plate/ tire package will be available, but I don't anticipate a JLR Defender beater.

Sponsored

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
And they said we wouldn't be disapointed! so sad swing and miss!

I hope that the rotary shifter shown will not make production. I like a shifter, not a washing machine knob. But since the Shelby GT 500

has one, so will this.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That must of been painful
Painful is a little strong- dissatisfied enough to never buy one, though.
I'm @chrisgb on the Ford Escape forum. I wrote up an impression of it here.
If I was going to buy a Bronco Sport/Maverick/Baby and it required going to a top trim and/or a lot of other options I don't care for to get the 2.0 or the hybrid, then I guess I'd have to wait a few years and get a trade-in or off lease.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Painful is a little strong- dissatisfied enough to never buy one, though.
I'm @chrisgb on the Ford Escape forum. I wrote up an impression of it here.
If I was going to buy a Bronco Sport/Maverick/Baby and it required going to a top trim and/or a lot of other options I don't care for to get the 2.0 or the hybrid, then I guess I'd have to wait a few years and get a trade-in or off lease.
I'll take a look in a min

Sister (and then mom) had a '13 Titanium, 2.0t.

Not a crossover guy, but I absolutely enjoyed driving it, especially when I'd take it to work in the city. Only wish I modded them, though it was a lease

Sister was once looking as Mini's, so I drove a 3banger and thought who'd want it? Stick with a 4 cylinder, 3's too small

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Rebel has a Rotary knob

It's not bad, but like the traditional shifter that took up console space better

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
for auto's I still prefer on the tree, but could live with the rotary thing. granted, it would be great if there was a way to make it quickly shift from reverse to drive and back over and over. That's one of those annoying things with an auto is trying to rock out of a mud hole and missing the reverse and slamming into neutral. With that rotary, if there was a way to set up a 'lock' on either side so you can slam it from gear to gear would be great....gotta be a way to do that, would be easier than some type of gate for the tree mounted lever or console shifter...

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I mean is doing it quickly while not being able to look at it about 20 times and never missing the right gear, this is pretty much only done to get out of a mud hole, but losing momentum by missing a gear can mean losing the shot of being able to get out under your own power.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.