Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will it change anyone’s mind? 18-20 is my guess. Not buying it for fuel efficiency.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This would be good info to have out there with the to motors.
I almost would think they won’t. Because I didn’t think most of the people that reserved right away, mpg isn't a make or break for their purchase decision. But who knows I’m prob wrong and they’ll put out information on mpg along with announcing building your Bronco function online is live.

Last edited:

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They'll publish the numbers, but it'll be for the most fuel-efficient version of the 2.3 and the 2.7 to make the Bronco look good.

If you get a sasquatch 4-Door badlands you won't get the advertised MPG due to the following:

1) I've heard Badlands do not have the active grille shutters (little worse MPG)
2) Sasquatch package will for sure be worse (heavier tires and a slight lift due to the tires)
3) Slightly heavier due to the sway bar disconnect and front/rear lockers etc. Not much but everything adds up.

Not to mention if you add any of the other accessories. It'll add weight and/or make it less aerodynamic.

Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m at 11 with premium fuel in my Land Rover, so I’m good with whatever. I don’t know that they’ll have full production vehicles available for EPA testing at the time of ordering though. I could see some Ford-derived estimates being put out potentially though.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I already have the inside scoop on Bronco MPG for both engines......

shitty.

heavy truck with armor, invest in Jerry cans.

WildBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think its hilarious that people even consider a vehicle like this if they are worried about fuel mileage. I understand fuel prices are different everywhere. Some even justify another car payment with insurance and maintenance costs, just to save 5 mpg. I did the same thing when I had my '95 Lightning getting 9 mpg. That math never worked out, and I missed out on a lot of drive time with a really fun truck. Then I started thanking Prius owners for saving fuel so I had more to burn. Buy it. Drive it. Enjoy it. Like the old saying goes, "if you have to ask, you can't afford it".

Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 4500 lb Ranger with 4wd got in the low 20s using the 2.3 motor.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27452851/2019-ford-ranger-fuel-economy/

From looking at the results for the 2.7 in the F-150, then that should also be around 20.

These numbers are most likely regular road driving numbers. I think most people buying the Bronco as a daily driver will appreciate that and realize that when 4wd is engaged then all bets are off.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty much zero chance of this happening. We'll be lucky if we know EPA ratings more than a month before they start to officially start shipping them.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will it change anyone’s mind? 18-20 is my guess. Not buying it for fuel efficiency.
MPG will matter to me. It's one of the reasons I would buy a new 4x4. I already have capable and fun older 4x4s, but they get crummy MPG. I have to take out a small loan driving cross country, lol. I would be buying a Bronco if it gets me qualities I don't already have in my current 4x4s, and one of those qualities is MPG. I'm hoping the 2.3L does well in that regard (for a 4x4). It's got to be better than my Jeep TJ that eats gasoline like candy!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MPG will matter to me. It's one of the reasons I would buy a new 4x4. I already have capable and fun older 4x4s, but they get crummy MPG. I have to take out a small loan driving cross country, lol. I would be buying a Bronco if it gets me qualities I don't already have in my current 4x4s, and one of those qualities is MPG. I'm hoping the 2.3L does well in that regard (for a 4x4). It's got to be better than my Jeep TJ that eats gasoline like candy!

Then you are most likely looking at the wrong vehicle. IF you need more than 18mpg on a good day, you'll probably be disappointed.

You want to enjoy your 4WD, just fill it up when it gets empty and don't worry about it. Otherwise, there's lots of nice family SUVs that great mileage.

Last edited:

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know we will buy it anyways but man I wish and hope the Mpg's aren't too bad! Any thoughts as to what predictions are? Can we compare it to the Ranger?
Sponsored