Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was said. By their communications manager. He was even telling people he would help them get x plan for it. No assumption there.
Obviously Ford doesn't communicate with Mike Levine, they're Communications Manager. Reeks of mismanagement! Very unprofessional!
Sponsored

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I would not blame Mike for this. I suspect he is doing the best he can on this release, but the beancounters and bureaucrats keep making the decisions.

Couple that with the recent change out of the higher-ups, and this was bound to be a bumpy ride.
Exactly, Mike comes across to me as someone genuinely excited for the product and eager to be helpful to the fan base, he's just hamstrung by his role and its lack of any real decision-making.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Trust me, I would love to get into one of those deals, but the logistics of the transaction are not appealing due to distance. Sometimes we have to make and pay for those decisions, but it is not based on intellect.
I'll be curious to see what some of those people will be posting when they're still waiting for a Bronco 1 1/2 years or more from now. Will they still be happy then?

Mr.Pike17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 sante fe awd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is a kick to the gonads for sure, considering i was told by my dealer that they would honor the xplan. people are saying not to be but hurt but when it comes to my hard earned dirty hands money id like to catch a break where ever possible.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait, this may be a dumb question, but my dealership in south Florida said that they will honor x-plan pricing when I checked with their bronco person about a month ago. Do you guys think that will still hold true even though Ford isn’t accepting x-plan?
That's a question for your dealer. I've seen a couple that have said they'll still honor it, but many dealers probably won't.

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be curious to see what some of those people will be posting when they're still waiting for a Bronco 1 1/2 years or more from now. Will they still be happy then?
I'm a July 13th reservation so I doesn't really affect me BUT-
I'd stick with Stephens/Granger/whoever on principle because I would walk away from an ADM anyway, and wait until my number comes up and get a good deal from an honest dealer because they deserve the sale. Then I would never buy another Ford ever again.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oof. Been busy all day and come back to find that Ford, again, has made quite a large mess.

I’ll spare my thoughts on how absurd not allowing x-plan is as I’m sure that’s been discussed in 63+ pages. But I will say that I’ve been leaning to the side of cutting Ford a ton of slack for the website not being up, the lack of communications and the interns at Bronco Nation seemingly doing nothing but adding fuel to the we-colossally-jacked-up-this-launch fire... But DAMN it’s like they’re actively trying to get people not to buy this thing.

Wish the Bronco wasn’t promising so many things to be better than a Wrangler or I’d have one right now.

All I can say is that these things had better be SQUARED AWAY when they finally start showing up or else Ford is going to have a serious problem.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You obviously dont know about the LJs then. They were a limited production run and the Bronco will do zero harm or damage to the LJ resale value.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
honestly, out of 160k reservations, probably only 100k of those will materialize. I'd be SHOCKED if even 1/3 of those had X plan. Most people aren't on forums obsessing like we are, and don't realize that the X plan exists.
If you work for a company that offers it, you'll most likely be aware. I'm able to get it because of a partnership my company had with Mazda.

Sponsored

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is BS they are already gouging us hard on the 4 door Mark up over the 2 door.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah guess I didn't fall for a brand new model released nearly a quarter century later with huge demand would be priced down. I'm not surprised at all Ford would limit 'plans'.
No but I'm surprised they did it after their National Product Communications Manager said they were accepting it. Would not have been surprised at all if they came out right at the start and said your all paying MSRP. Would have sucked but also would have understood it. Saying you'll accept it and walking it back is poor customer service.