First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow. As much as I appreciate the transparency and value offered by Granger, Stephens and Leonardtown, I was going to stay local and use X Plan to protect the price. If X Plan isn't offered I'm 100% going with Stephens now. I think these dealers are going to get a lot more reservations switched to them now.
Agreed. I won't pay msrp for any vehicle no matter how nice it is. I'm glad I went with Granger. This is probably why my original dealer didnt respond to my email about xplan pricing.
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think i just assumed, its a new vehicle launch, and no way a discount program would apply. So I personally never factored it into the cost.

Seemed a bit overly optimistic. I'm new here tho so don't know if Ford has launched other new products (brand new, not a new model year) with a discount program before
I don't typically buy new vehicles and not yet a launch model, so I don't know if this is common or not. Looking at the vehicles that are ineligible from X plan, it seems to be the specialty, limited run vehicles like Shelbys and Raptors, not your mass produced vehicles. Warthog if/when it comes out, I would not expect X plan. But the Bronco? I was expecting it. If Ford had anticipated demand better, I would fully expect X plan. I think this is Ford taking advantage of an opportunity of extreme hype and low ability to produce, which I don't blame them for. I am still not liking the news. As optimistic as I try to be, this and the dealer change changes (3 times now) and the new allocation process has been tiring. Good things since reveal: ManSquatch. Bad things? Everything else. ?‍♂

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now waiting for the know-it-all dealer sales employees masquerading as Bronco enthusiasts to slither into this thread. Just like the reservation move cutoff thread, they'll be chuckling about how buyers were uninformed and naive and how they always knew X-Plan wouldn't be offered on such a "hot" vehicle. Then they'll swear they feel kinda maybe sorta a little badly, but are still so happy to sell us a Bronco for MSRP out of the sheer goodness of their souls.

Sponsored

buckthis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Ford Focus, Buick Enclave, Toyota CH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just spoke with Ford's Marketing area and someone in the "plan" section. They both said they have not yet been given directive as to whether or not X-plan will be available on the Bronco. Said they should know after B&P release.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep...nope. Dunno why everyone is so bloody willing to go to a Wrangler with the infamous death wobble. No thanks.

Go to the jeep forum (you know which I'm talking about), look at the most popular threads last week...

First thread is a guy who's absolutely had it with his 2019 JLU. 2500 miles, death wobble 7 times. His wife doesn't even wanna drive it any more...

No thanks. Ford will see the backlash here...maybe they'll rethink their shit.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just spoke with Ford's Marketing area and someone in the "plan" section. They both said they have not yet been given directive as to whether or not X-plan will be available on the Bronco.
but... but... we have this document someone got from a dealer.... LOL

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As an early-adopter, I was looking forward to dealing with Ford only for this purchase - cutting the dealership shenanigans out of the loop. This decision by Ford doesn't change my mind about buying a Bronco, but it may change my mind about taking the risks of being an early adopter AND getting marked up by a dealership.

I'm now more likely to wait until 2022 or later for the Bronco, which definitely takes a lot of the "shine" off the experience for me. By then Ford may come off their "let the dealerships gouge the early-adopters because of the hype" mode, as well as addressing other rush-to-formula issues like putting a manual on the V6, offering different color tops, routing the rear AC through the console, etc, etc, etc.

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. Some dealers may offer X-Plan level pricing, but if there is no X-Plan, there is no X-Plan. I know Levine tweeted it would be there, but they also said they would fill orders in reservation order. New CEO, and obviously the dealers are raising hell and demand is so high, that Ford is bowing to them on everything.
I wouldn't trust a damn thing Metro Ford in Madison says. These are the guys that posted all the Granger bogus reviews. Additionally, go take a look at Metro Ford's google reviews. 8 of their most recent reviews were posted by their employees...including their GM.

Briana Long who sent that email also put in this review last week.

Briana Long
Service was great! I needed new tires on my car, and Metro Ford got me in within hours. I was down the road with brand new tires a lot quicker than I thought I would be. Plus I got a lower price on my tires than the other places I was quoted. I will definitely be going back- Thank you!
https://www.google.com/search?q=mad...A#lrd=0x8806565279733cd3:0xd790499dbb785f86,1,,,

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco NOT Eligible For X-Plan (Official Document Confirmation) [Update: Confirmed by Ford] 1603139770220

gsides1

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Forgive me if this is a stupid question (sure as hell ain’t my first, and I’ll guarantee it won’t be my last), but could there be a possibility that some dealerships may just decide to “take one for the team” (i.e., their customers) and go ahead and honor X-Plan pricing anyway? Giving up a little profit in return for cementing customer loyalty? I’d think that might be something for them to consider. But then, I’ve never worked for a dealership, so I have no idea of the inner-workings of price/profit structures. Just a thought...

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more my head processes this news, the more I believe the X-Plan is open to reservation holders, but not on dealer stock Broncos, or future reservations.
That's what I am seeing. Time will tell.

TitleistMatt

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Forgive me if this is a stupid question (sure as hell ain’t my first, and I’ll guarantee it won’t be my last), but could there be a possibility that some dealerships may just decide to “take one for the team” (i.e., their customers) and go ahead and honor X-Plan pricing anyway? Giving up a little profit in return for cementing customer loyalty? I’d think that might be something for them to consider. But then, I’ve never worked for a dealership, so I have no idea of the inner-workings of price/profit structures. Just a thought...
"Some" = Texas Dealer, Granger, Stephens
Sponsored