First Name
Jim Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Ranger 6" lift with the money I'll save here I come.
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All caught up.

Well crap, now I need to figure out how to ask my dealer what their plan is but without sounding like a difficult asshole. I just want full confirmation that they aren't charging above MSRP while subtly dropping that some dealer still offer x-plan regardless.

Last edited:

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just was contacted by Eric at KearnyMesaFord. See below.

Good afternoon all,

We at Kearny Mesa Ford have tried our best to be completely transparent regarding our pricing policies with all of you from the very beginning. Our commitments were clear to all reservation holders: We are not going to mark up the price above MSRP, we will accept all Ford sponsored discounts (X/Z/A/D Plan), and we will not add any additional equipment or accessories without request.

As some of you know already, Ford announced today that the full size Bronco will not qualify for Xplan discounts. Xplan is typically for employees of companies which partner with Ford. The Bronco will still qualify for Z/A/D plan though. Needless to say this came as a big surprise to all of us. I have personally spoken to well over 100 of you and I understand just how important this factor was in your decision to do business with us.

In response to this, we have internally made the decision that we will still honor the Xplan discount for anybody who can provide a valid PIN when it comes time to complete the purchase. This will just be for your individual special order and will not be offered on any stock Broncos. We will use typical Xplan pricing from like-priced Fords to approximate what the discount would have been. This will also disqualify our dealership from the reimbursement we would typically see from doing an Xplan deal, but following through on our commitments is more important than that.

Other than that, still no update on the Build and Price tool. Hopefully it will drop any day now!

Thank you for being a customer of ours,

Eric Bunch

Internet Director

Kearny Mesa Ford & Kia

858-560-5544 ext 1013

SCAL BUYERS THEY ARE A SOLID DEALERSHIP, SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND GET THAT RESERVATION OVER TO THEM.

I just got this email.

I was obviously pretty happy when they said they would still honor it.

Eric has been upfront and transparent sending occasional emails like this and one of the only Dealers in the SoCal forum when I was looking for one. And so I've been happy with them so far.

It's a bit of a drive from LA, but not a huge deal especially if this is indicative of their service.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2021 MY will be limited compared to 2022 just due to when they start production in the calendar year. Ford doesn't want a bunch of cheapskates ordering and then backing out when it comes time to sign the papers. "It's not personal, it's business."

I'm 50,000% sure, Maury, that they have statistics about customer ordered vehicles and X-plan customers that indicate they are less likely to take delivery. Removing them from X-plan eligibility would actually put more Broncos in the hands of people and on the road than risking a bunch of dealer stock for FCA to use as a marketing barb.

Infinite Jest?

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The issue being that Ford told people they would accept the X-Plan thus placing the assumption of a car that was $1000-$2000 cheaper than what they are trying to sell now. If they had from the beginning said it was going to be MSRP for pre-orders and didnt budge there would be far less heartbreak over this.
Yeah guess I didn't fall for a brand new model released nearly a quarter century later with huge demand would be priced down. I'm not surprised at all Ford would limit 'plans'.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kinda ironic. We were all bashing dealers who couldn't confirm whether they would honor X-plan, and worshipping the dealers who said they would.

Another example of when you should only make committments you know you can honor
The responsible dealers, like Kearny Mesa in California, correctly stated that they would honor plans IF they were actually offered. Additionally we need to realize that the car industry rarely cuts breaks for vehicle roll outs as popular as this one-most of the time vehicles that are debuting to this level of popularity are priced universally above sticker. We can still get a break in that regard from the responsible dealers. Unfortunately most folks on the site simply assumed (wished without verification) that the X-Plan was a done deal when it was not. And lastly, folks could have timed the MCA membership to coincide with the build rather than obtaining it too soon.

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got this email.

I was obviously pretty happy when they said they would still honor it.

Eric has been upfront and transparent sending occasional emails like this and one of the only Dealers in the SoCal forum when I was looking for one. And so I've been happy with them so far.

It's a bit of a drive from LA, but not a huge deal especially if this is indicative of their service.
Yep just got the same email, nice to know im in good hands

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s getting hot in here. Ford trying to copy Tesla clearly was a bad and stupid idea.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what's wrong with our country.

While it would've been nice, you're not entitled to anything.
What's wrong with our country is that customers want to be treated properly? I can think of some things wrong with the country, but that is not one of them.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In addition, it also limits documentation fee / dealership fee to $100, as compared to $899 here in VA.

Hopefully, this will be re-c0nsidered, for many reasons...good -luck
Sponsored