First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Comparing Bronco's to Raptors and Shelby's is laughable. The only thing "limited" about the Bronco (excluding the FE trim option) is probably more related to some poor supplier planning and logistics.
Like why would a base model be considered limited supply. It doesnt make sense.
Sponsored

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I was really trying to support my local dealer and stick with x plan. But it looks like it will be @StephensAutoCenter for me here shortly. A few mountain roads for the break in period can’t hurt.

Black Diamond

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a family who has owned 5 Ford vehicles and has had Ford stock since 07' I am very disappointed with this process. I have been patiently waiting with my x-plan in hand and working on getting my money together for this awesome vehicle. To put it politely, don't fuck this up Ford. We all know the first year vehicle for this release are going into the hands of true Ford Bronco fans, don't exploit us because of this. Just release the things you say when you set the date and let's go to production. The longer the wait + the negative news isn't helping our moral.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer sent out an email pretty quickly saying they would honor X plan pricing.

“ Good afternoon all,

We at Kearny Mesa Ford have tried our best to be completely transparent regarding our pricing policies with all of you from the very beginning. Our commitments were clear to all reservation holders: We are not going to mark up the price above MSRP, we will accept all Ford sponsored discounts (X/Z/A/D Plan), and we will not add any additional equipment or accessories without request.

As some of you know already, Ford announced today that the full size Bronco will not qualify for Xplan discounts. Xplan is typically for employees of companies which partner with Ford. The Bronco will still qualify for Z/A/D plan though. Needless to say this came as a big surprise to all of us. I have personally spoken to well over 100 of you and I understand just how important this factor was in your decision to do business with us.

In response to this, we have internally made the decision that we will still honor the Xplan discount for anybody who can provide a valid PIN when it comes time to complete the purchase. This will just be for your individual special order and will not be offered on any stock Broncos. We will use typical Xplan pricing from like-priced Fords to approximate what the discount would have been. This will also disqualify our dealership from the reimbursement we would typically see from doing an Xplan deal, but following through on our commitments is more important than that.”

Got my pin today. We will see what happens.
Eric's my guy too, got his e-mail right after I sent mine ?

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know which dealer nearest to Salt Lake City that is offering any kind of deal below MSRP? Willing to travel to a neighboring state. Iowa is a bit beyond my preferred range. I was counting on X-Plan to get a little bit of a discount and convenience of local purchase.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Actually I don't pay retail on anything I purchase. I buy phones that have been out for two years. I buy clothing in the sale rack. And I have never...ever...paid MSRP on a vehicle.

So you chose to reply to the wrong post....pound sand.
Easy now. I wasn't calling you specifically out. I was just quoting what you said to help illustrate my point.

Everyone is so angry these days! Love not hate! :)

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know this is a Ford form and I have no ill towards them

But can anyone justify to me not being able to get a better deal on a Wrangler at this point?

I have been holding out for one for a while but LOVED the Bronco but at this point, with this news, aren't I simply going to get a better %off with Jeep?
But then you’d have to drive a Jeep.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, that people think they are entitled to a perk that Ford decided. Not to offer.
It's not the perk that I think many people are angry about. There's a ton of risk to being an early adopter of a new product, especially one as complex and prone to glitches and bugs as an automobile. Reservation holders are implying through their reservation that they are willing to accept those risks in exchange for being 1st to a product or to help ensure the product's success and future development.

Ford's decision transfers additional risks to reservation holders in the form of dealership markups, which X-plan would have mitigated. Sure, there is still time to shop and find the "right deal", but that is still more time and labor for the reservation holder in order to throw a bone to these large corporate-owned dealerships.

You may not care, but it rubs me the wrong way. I'm not off the Bronco over it, but it's taken this from being something I've been eagerly anticipating to something I'm now VERY skeptical about.

Last edited:

A1A

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not so much thinking we are entitled to a perk. It's that Ford said it would be honored, but they decided to renege on what amounts to a promise. They should have been honest with their customers/potential customers from the start.
Two words.....New CEO.

...well one word and an acronym....

Biscolu

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5 2015, Porsche Cayman 2019
Your Bronco Model
Badlands