First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
honestly, out of 160k reservations, probably only 100k of those will materialize. I'd be SHOCKED if even 1/3 of those had X plan. Most people aren't on forums obsessing like we are, and don't realize that the X plan exists.
Bronco buyers will probably be one of very few buyers I’d say are most likely 90% obsession online, everyday.

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
honestly, out of 160k reservations, probably only 100k of those will materialize. I'd be SHOCKED if even 1/3 of those had X plan. Most people aren't on forums obsessing like we are, and don't realize that the X plan exists.
True, mustang club made a good buck out of this probably. Let me ask you a question. Does not having X plan change your decision? Honestly for me it just makes the process harder having to old school haggle price but I will probably still order one at the right non outrageous price.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh god. How much will that be? Not available until fall 2021 in limited dealerships. That's going to be a shit show too...lol
Will never buy a GM product.

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've go no problems with Ford making a profit, I'm just not going to pay full price or higher. I also don't want to hassle with negotiations. I can wait a year or just buy something else. You're already losing money the second you drive off the lot, no reason to burn any more. If I was in the habit of throwing money away I'd be buying a Land Rover.
I'm with you, I've never understood how car companies have lasted this long with the old school haggle tactics.

Sponsored

Squashed

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've bought 8 Ford products from the same dealership using my x plan. I'm very disappointed in the lack of x plan. I was looking forward to upgrading my choice from the base using the x plan as a cost cutting tool. The x plan would not help as much on the base vs a higher trim. So I'm guessing the aftermarket will get my money over Ford factory options. It just shows the short sightedness of Ford and there new prime directive.

gsides1

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This will be the final straw for many reservation holders that are buying on a tight budget. Others will add fewer options to make things work. I don't see how this works in Ford's favor?
Do you really think Ford gives a damn? They know that regardless of this (and the delays and other assorted crap going on this summer), they’ll be moving these things off the lots as fast as they can get them...whenever they FINALLY get them.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed. I think they will lose more money with people backing out because of it than they would have if they would have implemented it.

Sponsored

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That 300 million is divided over the dealers. Ford gets the invoice, everything else is in the dealer's pockets. If Ford limited sales at MSRP even I don't think we'd even be having this discussion. 2-3k savings on something like a $55k Badlands is not a huge amount. Ford just gave dealers a crapload of ammunition to go hog wild by calling it "limited production" Raptors and Shelbys routinely go significantly above MSRP around here and Ford just passed the ball back to the dealer court.
True, I agree 100 % some dealers are absolute snakes. I wish us as buyers can just come together and don't buy come order time and make them change it to msrp only.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A dealer can decide if they want to offer the same pricing as Xplan. There are some stand up dealers out there that are still honoring the Xplan pricing even though it is not being formally offered by Ford
I need to find one of those Dealers. Hopefully more Dealers will step up since we have more time to transfer reservations, and can transfer twice.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, mustang club made a good buck out of this probably. Let me ask you a question. Does not having X plan change your decision? Honestly for me it just makes the process harder having to old school haggle price but I will probably still order one at the right non outrageous price.
It has me REALLY on the fence - and I wasn't until now.. I've been ready to give a $5k deposit to lock in my order if needed with no hesitation... the X plan helped make the purchase a little more appealing, but having them TAKE IT AWAY is more of a slap in the face to those of us who have been doing PR work FOR Ford with our excitement. We are their Ambassadors - the group on this page and BN who are the obsessed fanatics... we are the ones who are passionate about it and have an emotional connection - sure, there are 10's of thousands of other buyers who are just buying it because it's a cool SUV/Truck, whatever, and probably had no idea about X plan, etc.. .so anyways... that's my thought process ...

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The savings aren't huge, it's the fact you don't have to play the stupid dealer games with X-Plan that pisses me off. I refuse to sit in any dealership for 3 hours only for them to tell me $10k ADM is the "BEST" they can do. The whole point of me being a stockholder was so I didn't need to play the games by using the shareholder X-Plan.

This feels like the big dealers $&%*#$ us again
Check with your dealer and see what they will commit to before making your decision. Many dealers said no more than MSRP.
Sponsored