Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and future (repeat) sales to those (soon to be ex) loyalists. I currently drive a 2016 Mustang that I bought brand new. I drove a 2012 Mustang that I bought brand new before that one.. and my wife had a 2016 Focus that we bought brand new ... this is totally souring me on Ford
Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sad reality is that we aren't Ford customers, the dealerships are. We can ONLY be customers of the dealership unless the sales model changes. Until then, you will continue seeing the auto manufacturers giving in to dealer whims and wishes and you will have to participate in all the bull shit that goes along with the additional degree of separation that prevents us from being Ford customers. Pick who's customer you are carefully, and may the rest never sell a vehicle again. Ford wasn't losing anything by offering the X Plan, but the dealers look at it as "their" profit being given away. Good luck, y'all!

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Come on guys. Let's not argue amongst ourselves. Let's focus our frustrations on Ford, and let them know that what they've done, doesn't sit well with us.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree and disagree. Yes if you back out they will pick up another buyer, the next one in line. But of 160k reservations how many will translate to orders? My brother canceled his, I canceled mine, how many others that would have bought one for sure are moving away from it? I’ve bought a dozen new Fords in about 15 years, how about I never give them another dime and there are others that will feel the same. Don’t spit on me for loyalty... One thing all these wise asses say about Ford being a for profit company don’t realize if you screw over your base you lose in the long haul. So yeah in 2021 they make a little more money but being in my mid thirties I could buy more in the future.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did Albert mention we're a Jeep dealership too? ?

We're going to do our best to honor pricing as previously stated. We can only control what we can control. Don't forget this is suppose to be fun, not stressful. ?
Zach,

Any idea when the 2022 orders might be filled. I was planning to go to Iowa in July 2022 for RAGBRAI (bicycle ride across Iowa). It might work out perfect if I could go, ride, and then come home with a new Bronco. I'll go make the reservation tonight, is there anything else I would need to do. BTW, I'm in California but I may be moving to Montana by 2022 if retirement plans work out. Feel free to PM me with any info I might need.

Thanks,
Mark

Sponsored

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford is showing a surprising and disappointing amount of greed and cockiness in this decision. It’s not so much the money, it’s the reflectI’ve attitude it exhibit. It’s open season on buyers now!
Ford was eves dropping on all the X Plan discussions and this was their reaction. 20+ years of Ford only products for myself and my wife, always able to use the X Plan and eliminate all that hassling. Really disappointed with Fords action. Very afraid B&P might reflect this same attitude!

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone go to Fords' twitter page or IG, and light them up

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The gold standard for product management is building loyalty. So on the cusp of the most successful mass vehicle launch (from a marketing and design standpoint) Ford flushes that down the toilet for a lot of their enthusiasts. Having been a product owner for 10 years I can say this, the Bronco brand manager isn’t happy. They responded to this leak by announcing the B&P launch date and it’s buried. That sucks. Work for years and let some management dolt say you underpriced it by stripping out a fairly standard discount.
Agreed. You nailed it. Now the Brand Manager (and everyone else at Ford) will have to work twice as hard because they’ll be trying to swim upstream against the bad press. Bonus? Ford itself won’t get any more profit this way and, if accessories and trims get down-selected, they could actually make LESS money overall with this decision.

By pushing and succeeding to eliminate the X-Plan and screw with allocations, big dealers have made themselves look like the non-value added part of ‘the Ford Family’.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has me REALLY on the fence - and I wasn't until now.. I've been ready to give a $5k deposit to lock in my order if needed with no hesitation... the X plan helped make the purchase a little more appealing, but having them TAKE IT AWAY is more of a slap in the face to those of us who have been doing PR work FOR Ford with our excitement. We are their Ambassadors - the group on this page and BN who are the obsessed fanatics... we are the ones who are passionate about it and have an emotional connection - sure, there are 10's of thousands of other buyers who are just buying it because it's a cool SUV/Truck, whatever, and probably had no idea about X plan, etc.. .so anyways... that's my thought process ...
I whole heartidly agree Calgecko! Couldn't have said it better myself. I was ready to put $15,000.00 down on MY2021 Bronco. Now I'm considering using that money to trick out my 94 Bronco XLT. I don't know what I'm going to do now. This really sucks!

Undecided

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2002 Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ya, well nothing quite like it except for a BRONCO! Makes no sense. This X plan had nothing to do with you buying a Jeep (this news just came out today). You simply decided you wanted the death wobble. That’s all.

I had a 2021 Rubicon On order, it’s been delivered and I cancelled it. Screw that shit. I’ve read so many threads about death wobble, the thing breaking down, not starting, people just fed up with Jeep, it’s dealers and the service. Forget man.

my reservation was placed July 14th, I should get a Bronco mid 2021. If not I’ll wait. I plan to sell my 2019 golf r cause well, it’s just too damn small, fun but small. If I need a car between whenever that’s sold and Bronco-time then I’ll buy a beater for 2-3k.

anyway, your choice, even though it’s not everyone’s — especially in this forum.

good luck, read up on the death wobble so you know what to do when it happens. And I’m not joking either
I never mentioned X-plan as a cause for getting a Wrangler. I was just replying to a post asking why people look at Jeeps as an alternative, so I explained I looked back to Jeep because, for one example, the wait has simply become too long. I never reserved, so for me to get a manual sasquatch I'd likely be waiting until 2022. Not that I can't wait, but I decided putting off dozens of family trips while my kids have two more birthdays... not worth it.

As for deathwobble, I know of the warning signs, causes & how to fix it. I have never experienced it, nor have the Jeep drivers I know personally. Oddly enough I know a guy that experienced some deathwobble on his SFA Bronco back in the day. For that matter, I experienced 100% sudden brake failure on my Bronco back in the day - the reason I parked it and it turned into a project I have yet to find the time to make good on. It was shear luck I did not wreck it. I count my blessings there, but I have not had good luck with Fords overall over the years. Regardless, I was really really looking forward to a new Bronco - the frist (and probably only) vehicle I would buy new. I might still, but going to have fun in the meantime.
Sponsored