Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's another perfect example of people thinking it's OK for the customer to take advantage, but when the dealer or Ford does it, people start calling them slimy. It works both ways.
Yes but when the customer "takes advantage" Ford and the dealer still profit on the car they're selling, while when Ford and the dealers "take advantage", the customer has to pay that much more on top of the car they were already going to pay. That's not equal footing. Let's not pretend this is anything more than a move to allow for dealers to mark this car up as much as they can get away with.

I'm also not really sympathetic to the argument that all of us signing up for this program were inappropriately taking advantage of Ford's "generosity" in offering this program (which, again, still allows them to make a profit on these cars). We are not entitled to Ford giving us a discount, but Ford also doesn't have to offer such a program in the first place. It's not asking too much of Ford to honor a program that is supposed to be a perk for stockholders (i.e., the actual owners of Ford) and members of Ford enthusiasts group, and which they indicated would be available for this car for the past several months.
Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly, Mike comes across to me as someone genuinely excited for the product and eager to be helpful to the fan base, he's just hamstrung by his role and its lack of any real decision-making.
Yeah honestly this site can be pretty toxic towards Mike and Ford generally. The dude is just doing his job, it's not like he's vindictively or intentionally lying to people because he wants to be mean to us.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This Mike Levine person is the absolute worst and he hasn’t learned to not share things before confirmation exists. I am contemplating dropping out of this whole thing because of the shear lies mentioned through his mouth and Fords social media. I could care less about the money and I’ve been fortunate not to be impacted by the pandemic monetarily. It’s truly the principle of it. I grew up on Scouts and Broncos from the 60’s and 70’s which is why I had to reserve one of these, but Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Ford turned this thing into a bunch dogs humping a football. I mean hell my buddies 3 year daughter could do a better job managing their social media information better than Mike Levine. I hate being deceived but I have faith Stephens and Granger will still be honorable as they laid their plan out first with no knowledge of The motherships deceit...they being ford/mike can all go to hell in my humble opinion.
Look they still state on their website x-plan is good

47861041-ABA7-49F8-A45C-348BBD989473.png
Agreed ? Ford just created a huge Cluster Fu*k!

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well for starters, nobody said anyone had to spend 50k for one. In fact, nobody is being forced to buy one. And yes, its cheating the system. X plan doesn't just set a price, there is a cost to Ford for every x plan purchase. Being first buyers will cost more, plain and simple. If its "not fair", well thats unfortunate. It follows the same logic of why people buy 2020's after 2021 has already come out. They want a deal since there's more off. Being a reservation holder makes absolutely nobody special at the end of the day, just first in line.

you're sounding more and more like a dealer....

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you really think Ford gives a damn? They know that regardless of this (and the delays and other assorted crap going on this summer), they’ll be moving these things off the lots as fast as they can get them...whenever they FINALLY get them.

They will, but the wait won't be so deep...

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is this the thread we need to get to 200 before Friday? I am starting to losing track.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes but when the customer "takes advantage" Ford and the dealer still profit on the car they're selling, while when Ford and the dealers "take advantage", the customer has to pay that much more on top of the car they were already going to pay. That's not equal footing. Let's not pretend this is anything more than a move to allow for dealers to mark this car up as much as they can get away with.

I'm also not really sympathetic to the argument that all of us signing up for this program were inappropriately taking advantage of Ford's "generosity" in offering this program (which, again, still allows them to make a profit on these cars). We are not entitled to Ford giving us a discount, but Ford also doesn't have to offer such a program in the first place. It's not asking too much of Ford to honor a program that is supposed to be a perk for stockholders (i.e., the actual owners of Ford) and members of Ford enthusiasts group, and which they indicated would be available for this car for the past several months.
I think we're talking about 2 different topics. I'm not referring to the no X plan. I'm referring to customers having 2 reservations and placing orders on both and will cancel one of them after it arrives. This doesn't seem to raise many eyebrows. The minute a dealer posts their plan of selling a Bronco and having the customer sell it back to them so they can resell at a bigger profit. This is totally legal, but it seems because he's a dealer, he's immediately labeled as slimy and dishonest and becomes the subject of personal attacks that shouldn't be allowed here. In the end, dealers wouldn't be doing this if there wasn't a customer base to be filled.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah honestly this site can be pretty toxic towards Mike and Ford generally. The dude is just doing his job, it's not like he's vindictively or intentionally lying to people because he wants to be mean to us.
In all honesty if you're going to post stuff on Twitter and it changes you have to expect to take flack for it including when Ford has f**ked up this whole thing. The man has to learn to keep his mouth shut if he isn't sure about something and if Ford keeps changing things he should be smart enough to be more careful with his wording

Baron von Bruce

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you really think Ford gives a damn? They know that regardless of this (and the delays and other assorted crap going on this summer), they’ll be moving these things off the lots as fast as they can get them...whenever they FINALLY get them.
This is the kind of short term thinking that made the company lose 52% of its value in the last 5 years and continues to drop in customer loyalty. Reputation of a auto manufacturer is really important.
By getting the design of the Bronco right without a bunch of compromises I was hoping the company has turned a corner. However this is the kind of myopic corporate douchebaggery that put them in this position in the first place. Your average customer doesn’t know about x-pricing. This was never going to be a significant cost. I hope the money they save is worth the esteem lost from their most fervent standard barriers.

Sponsored

Coldsteele

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2007 suburban, 2008 suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
People spending 60k crying over 2 grand ? I wish I had 60k to spend
What an ignorant way of thinking. $1,000,000 is made up of individual cents. That $2000 could go towards several accessories, new guns, an entire new toy. I'm not going to pay $2000 more for a vehicle if I don't have to, and at this point if I can't get it for the price I want, I'll cancel on principle alone. I don't NEED a bronco and I'm not going to support a company that wants to be greedy. Canceling X plan for the bronco goes against their policy for the X plan and is out of pure greed. I'll go buy a restored 66 bronco and a new track car for what I was prepared to pay for the bronco I want.

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hopefully Ford sees this thread before a bunch of people stat canceling their order. I don’t know who is in charge at ford, but they are seriously ducking this launch up. All they had to do was release the build and price page and accept xplan. How hard is that? For all you people worried about ford losing money, they are offering like 4500 off the edge. I don’t think 300 dollars is going to hurt them.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you're sounding more and more like a dealer....
I mean he's really just making sense.... lots of flipping out before Ford finalized anything... there have been some hiccups but other than longer than desired delays with B&P, it hasn't gone all that badly... at least not yet.
Sponsored