Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I could have felt confident in that I would have stayed local. Dealers should not be allowed to mark up pre-ordered vehicles. It is bad policy.
Thats the only thing I'm complaining about. I don't like the car buying experience and it looks like I'm going to be forced into it. My SO just bought a vehicle off carvana and shehad such an easy experience
Sponsored

Buckin'Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, the X-Plan was a guarantee that I wouldn't have to pay an extra $10k ADM because of the high demand. I'm fine with MSRP + my add-ons, especially as a Base buyer who only wants a couple of little things, and would live without them.
This should be everyone's concern.
I have two friends who recently went through this exact mess with the mid engine corvette. Both were given commitments from their respective dealers upon ordering that their would be no ADM. They were fine with paying MSRP. In the end, when the cars arrived, both payed more than MSRP and one of them was slammed with a $5K markup (The dealer told him "I have people lined up that will pay it."and a take it or leave it ultimatum). He walked after waiting forever.

So, for all those people saying that they are good with their dealers, be warned. This system is setup to incentivize dealers for converting reservations to orders. They will do and say anything to get you to place the order. Once you do, you have NO leverage. They want the stock to sell. The only way they can get it is by people cancelling orders (not reservations).

The way I see it is to be prepared to pay MSRP or above or walk. There is really nothing you can do about and you won't really know until the end. Stressing about it is not worth it. Unfortunately, Ford has given all the power to the dealers.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why didn't Ford give members of bronco national an x plan pin? It cost more to sign up on there to be a member and bronco nation is straight advertised on the Ford website. Its because Ford didn't want to see every bronco rolling put with x plan by abusing club sign ups.
That may have been the one way Bronco Nation would have gotten more than the dozen or so subscribers they got...

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had 3 mustangs earlier this year so MCA was already there :p Either way I am shopping dealers now as I am an early reservation, but not in a hurry so either my current dealer that I have bought from matches one of the good deals, its either match it or I move it. I can make that decision in a week.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

... in my head I thought, "Civic Type R"; when they first came out here.

"Crap, how much do they want for one?!!" "$10,000 more!!!"

... some plan equivalent could helped those people out :cool:(y).
A plan would help but the underlying issue is that people are over-paying for vehicles. If everyone just stopped bending over to the dealers it would be a non-issue. Unfortunately people can't keep it in their pants, and think they need that car right now, and will pay whatever for it.

Sponsored

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
A plan would help but the underlying issue is that people are over-paying for vehicles. If everyone just stopped bending over to the dealers it would be a non-issue. Unfortunately people can't keep it in their pants, and think they need that car right now, and will pay whatever for it.

I get what you mean ... if only I had it like that.

I'd still say "F___ You, you want how much!" ?(y).

That much extra for a car that looks like it can go to outer space standing still ?(y) (... don't s__t on me if you like the Type R ... cause I do too :cool:(y)).

Yolobaggins

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those saying the X-Plan doesn't give much off (true for lower models)

But what happens when you get a "verbal agreement" with your dealer on price and then when it is built and it arrives they add $5k in ADM and they say oh well, high demand vehicle. Take it or leave it. You don't think a CAR DEALERSHIP is going to try and rig you for every penny?

They know this, you should know this, I would be very hesitant to walk into this potential minefield

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same boat. Didn't know about the x plan either

I was perfectly content holding onto my 2011 optima with 105k miles. Nothing on the road interested me. Almost convinced myself to get the kia stinger. And every now and then I look up latest news on ev Mercedes or flirt with jeep. But the Bronco caught my eye like my fiance did first time I saw her.

I'm all in
My neighbors have the Kia Stinger in Hichroma Red. Darn good looking vehicle I'll tell ya! They are both retired so I always give them a hard time about having such a fancy care in their dotage.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those saying the X-Plan doesn't give much off (true for lower models)

But what happens when you get a "verbal agreement" with your dealer on price and then when it is built and it arrives they add $5k in ADM and they say oh well, high demand vehicle. Take it or leave it. You don't think a CAR DEALERSHIP is going to try and rig you for every penny?

They know this, you should know this, I would be very hesitant to walk into this potential minefield
Exactly if the locked in price doesn't come from the top down (Ford mother ship, not dealers) then we really don't know what price it will be in the end

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford basically just "green lighted" the dealers to price gouge the shit out the consumer.

My deal went from $
Has anyone checked into Costo Auto Buying and whether there will a discount that way?
Not available on the Bronco reservation, or at least that's what I was told.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My neighbors have the Kia Stinger in Hichroma Red. Darn good looking vehicle I'll tell ya! They are both retired so I always give them a hard time about having such a fancy care in their dotage.
Its a beaute and fast and not expensive either! You can get one for the price of a basesquatch

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

WTF- Anybody that reserved before the MY21 SEP cutoff should be allowed Xplan!!!

Why punish the the early birds when Fords budget/capacity is compromised- not our problem

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The only vehicle i’d pay MSRP for is a Raptor(or 4runner if next gen has an exciting drivetrain).
Sponsored