Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is not offering the XPlan screwing you, or anybody else over?
Well, I guess the idea of being screwed over comes from Ford's product communication Director saying it would be offered, and setting the expectation. I can see that point.

I don't think Ford is screwing me over on price....but I think paying MSRP is unreasonable on a vehicle, and I won't do that over principle. Fortunately...dealers will compete and I won't have to.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New to this! First post! Think this might help though if it hasn't already been mentioned.

Can someone start another forum to get leg work going on what dealers may still go with x plan pricing? Just because ford won't reimburse them doesnt mean they want to lose business and they may take the bit of loss to keep it. Or take a bit of loss to get your business rather than someone else get it. Also, which dealers still intend to offer at msrp and not above. If thats even something they would tell you?

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was initially planning on using the X-plan but when I looked at the military appreciation program and saw the Bronco was excluded I expected the X-plan to follow suite and started looking into fly-n-buy options.

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
New to this! First post! Think this might help though if it hasn't already been mentioned.

Can someone start another forum to get leg work going on what dealers may still go with x plan pricing? Just because ford won't reimburse them doesnt mean they want to lose business and they may take the bit of loss to keep it. Or take a bit of loss to get your business rather than someone else get it. Also, which dealers still intend to offer at msrp and not above. If thats even something they would tell you?
Welcome! There's lots of group buys in the process. There's regional planning forums.

Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah I kinda thought the allure of the bronco was to get people to buy a bunch of dealer installed accessories so they could make extra money of that?

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

X-Plan really hasn't been your best price with the Bronco. There are plenty of dealers offering $1000 or more off of invoice.

I am actually thinking about canceling my reservation and then adding another through Granger Ford. I get A-Plan, but the $2000 off of invoice is probably better, and I don't need a Bronco next summer.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I cant advertise a vehicle i dont have. i said vehicles we have advertised that we have here on the lot. we havent decided anything on the Bronco so we arent making broken promises.(not saying any dealer is making broken promises). we are monitoring and awaiting information just like everyone else.
You posted about dealers in certain markets selling vehicles better than x-plan, then followed it up with a statement about not charging ADM over MSRP. Then followed that up with no decisions on this vehicle. Can you see how this doesn't give a buyer much faith in how this will go when the vehicle arrives. I know there's a ton of time between now and that point. But, when the change dealership option changes by the week, can you understand how a buyer can have some concern? I mean "trust me" from a car dealership is not something I recommend. It's been proven to many over the decades that is the last thing anyone should do.

Yeah, I'm not trying to put you on blast. Just simply realize over the last 40-50 years, this is the type of stuff buyers become leery of when dealing with dealerships.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For those of us who have used Fords Plan pricing, A and Z in my case, for over 20 years as a result of active Ford Salaried employee now retired Father, this is normal. When Ford owned 20% of Mazda, I used the 'S' plan on a newly redesigned Mazda 6 in 2000. The public demand for the car the first year was so strong, that they halted the use of it until retail customers demand could be met. They after all are the reason my dad's employer, Ford, was in business to serve and thus make profits, pay employees, capital investment, etc, etc;.

Here's the thing, I've been a plan member and understand it's rules and restrictions. For anyone who is new to the Fords plans, whether by MCA membership or recent stock purchases, I certainly can see where this is new to you and disappointing.

I'm disappointed I can't use my Z plan on the First Edition, but I'm not mad as I've been aware throughout the years that some models aren't eligible until supply and demand evens out.

Any new Ford Plan member, a big welcome as your now affiliated with a company and get benefits from that affiliation but not until the retail clients needs are filled.

We all still have the option of being a Retail Client like everyone else, or we can wait and use our affiliation privileges.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has any manufacturer EVER done anything to combat ADM?

I didn't think so.

This whole process has been full of us ASSUMING we know things, and Ford setting the record straight. This is just one example.

Notice I said WE.

I'm not immune to it either.
Respect, Brother. I don't always agree with stuff I see you say on here, and that's ok. But this. This right here is what gains a person my respect.
You say what you feel is right.
And the big kicker here is you admit to falling into the same category you are talking about. It basically means you are talking with people, not TO people. I love it.
I also am guilty of assuming, putting the cart before the horse in this deal, and forgetting the initial feeling of happiness and excitement at getting the Bronco FINALLY! And all of that happiness and contentment was way before any of the last few month's worth of ups and downs happened with all of the hundreds of details we all got passionate about.
I think most of us could benefit just a little to remember that feeling and that excitement and desire we felt in mid July.
(Rhetorical question) Did any of us go into this on reservation opening with the thought that we would bail if we couldn't get it at X plan? Not me. It would have been nice. Better transparency and actually committing to a "yay or nay" earlier would have been nice.
But it is what it is.
Chalk it up to this thing blowing up at an exponential rate and good ole' 2020 shenanigans.
I'm still buying the vehicle I fell in love with back 6 years ago when it was a rumor.
I'll probably pay MSRP and that's ok too. I planned on it in the beginning anyway.
But I DO absolutely wish they would reconsider doing something for Military and Police. Some of us may not do anything special to earn anything special, but those peeps do, and I think they deserve every bit of a discount they can get as a matter of respect and appreciation.
Stay positive, my friends.
We will be kicking up dirt together soon.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do you care? MCA sure doesn't. They didn't lose anything or get hurt by this in any way whatsoever. They did get thousands in new membership money that they never would have had before. All of that will be used for the benefit of active members. I can't join because I don't currently own a Mustang? Why? I've owned them in the past, I still enjoy them. The club is for enthusiasts. It's not the Mustang Owners Club of Amercia.
Good point.
I rented a Mustang convertible when I vacationed in the Florida keys......so I'm basically an insider

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t understand your point? Are you on the teat or something? Why are you so quick to defend a multi billion dollar company against middle class Americans? Over a few hundred dollars? Are you one of the ones that think that people, who decide to spend a little extra but have to be conscious of their spending hope for a little discount, aren’t worthy to buy the thing? I’ve been there and I didn’t lose my sense of empathy moving up.
You posted about dealers in certain markets selling vehicles better than x-plan, then followed it up with a statement about not charging ADM over MSRP. Then followed that up with no decisions on this vehicle. Can you see how this doesn't give a buyer much faith in how this will go when the vehicle arrives. I know there's a ton of time between now and that point. But, when the change dealership option changes by the week, can you understand how a buyer can have some concern? I mean "trust me" from a car dealership is not something I recommend. It's been proven to many over the decades that is the last thing anyone should do.

Yeah, I'm not trying to put you on blast. Just simply realize over the last 40-50 years, this is the type of stuff buyers become leery of when dealing with dealerships.
I get ya on the leary part, and appreciate you not putting me on blast with it. we just dont know and are just awaiting more info. were still in limbo in just trying to find out our actual allocation lol. im like most the people here, i just want a bronco lol.
Sponsored